Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OR: Del Monte Responds to Immigration Visit at Portland

Fresh Del Monte Produce Responds to Immigration Visit at Portland Facility

Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. (NYSE:FDP) takes its obligation to comply with U.S. immigration law very seriously.

In response to reports that have appeared in various electronic and print media, Fresh Del Monte confirms that on Tuesday, June 12th, 2007, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement ("ICE") personnel visited Fresh Del Monte's Portland, Oregon facility. Fresh Del Monte has been advised that it is not a current target of the investigation.

Fresh Del Monte has, and will, continue to cooperate with ICE in its investigation. Fresh Del Monte retained American Staffing Resources to provide a contingent labor force at the Portland facility. Fresh Del Monte does not employ this labor force. Fresh Del Monte is committed to complying with all laws and regulations.

Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. is one of the world's leading vertically integrated producers, marketers and distributors of high-quality fresh and fresh-cut fruit and vegetables, as well as a leading producer and distributor of prepared food in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Fresh Del Monte markets its products worldwide under the Del Monte(R) brand, a symbol of product innovation, quality, freshness and reliability for over 100 years. -http://www.freshdelmonte.com

http://www.huliq.com/24804/fresh-del-mo ... d-facility

Yeap, they'll get out of hiring illegals every time since they use staffing services.

Del Monte will never convince me they didn't know their workers were illegal even though they didn't hire them. They're not that stupid.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sorry folks, been away with real life duties to attend to. Hopefully, I'll be back on the boards more over the next few days...

Anyway, since this involves my hometown (well, closeby) here's some updates on the ICE raid @ Del Monte in North Portland:

The Mayor (Tom Potter, the former city of Portland Chief of Police) is catching hell for his public comments in favor of the illegals.

You can contact him using the methods below (he did hear my opinion on the matter ... ):

EMail: mayorpotter@ci.portland.or.us

By Phone:

* Mayor Potter’s 24-Hour Opinion Line: 503-823-4127
    * Mayor’s Office Front Desk: 503-823-4120

By Fax:

* 503-823-3588

By Mail:

* Office of Mayor Tom Potter
    1221 SW 4th Avenue, Suite 340
    Portland, Oregon 97204
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

American_Elizabeth or jecg may have already posted this (I haven't seen it) but just in case...

OFIR (Oregonians for Immigration Reform) is coordinating a rally at City Hall next Wednesday @ 9:30am - I've cut/pasted in the details in the email they sent out yesterday:

===============================================

OFIR Members and supporters:
    PROTEST!-RALLY!-PROTEST!-RALLY!-PROTEST!-RALLY!-PROTEST!-RALLY!

When: 9:30 am-Wednesday June 20th

Where: Portland City Hall-1221 SW 4th Ave. (Jefferson & 4th Ave).

Why: Mayor supports Illegal Del Monte workers & Day Labor Center via Taxpayers
    What: City Council will have their meeting starting @ 9:30am

Mayor Tom Potter of Portland has criticized the I.C.E. Raids on Del Monte foods. In doing so is supporting Identity Theft/Fraud, a Class "C" Felony, as well as encouraging more Illegal aliens to come to Oregon. He has been quoted as saying, "to go after local workers who are here to support their families while filling the demands of local businesses for their labor is bad policy" (Oregonian-6/13/07)

In an AP report, Maximimillian Trimm, a special agent with Immigration and Customs Enforcement said, that only 48 of nearly 600 employees at the Fresh Del Monte Produce fruit and vegetable processing plant had valid Social Security numbers." Federal prosecutors said that 20 of the Social Security numbers being misused belonged to people older than 60, and that 29 belonged to dead people." -William McCall, Associated Press Writer.

The Mayor is Paid & Elected to represent U.S. Citizens, Not Foreign Nationals who are repeat FELONS, i.e. signing I-9 for Employment=Perjury, Social Security Fraud=Felony, 2nd Illegal Entry into U.S.=Felony, etc.

Mayor & City Council also want Taxpayers to pay $200,000.00 for a DAY LABOR CENTER!?
    State & Private Businesses already have Employment centers. What about...Workers Compensation laws? Liability Laws? Tax Laws? Identity Laws? IMMIGRATION Laws?

BRING A SIGN/ WATER/ CAMERA/ FRIEND. Remember, we will not block any sidewalk or entrance.

Sponsored by; Oregonians For Immigration Reform, A Non-Profit/Partisan group of LEGAL Immigrants & Americans of all Races & Ethnicities. www.oregonir.org or PH#503-435-0141.
    Carpool from Salem?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Driving Directions:

These are directions when approaching Portland from the south via I-5.
    For individualized directions from your home starting point, please visit http://www.mapquest.com There are commercial parking garages scattered through the downtown Portland area.

From I-5 headed north, Take the I-405 exit- EXIT 299B- on the LEFT toward CITY CENTER / US-26 W / BEAVERTON. Go 0.2 miles.

Take EXIT 1A on the LEFT toward NAITO PKWY. / JAPANESE-AMERICAN HIST. PLAZA. Go 0.1 miles.

Stay STRAIGHT to go onto SW HARBOR DR. Go 0.5 miles

Turn RIGHT onto SW NAITO PKWY. (Less than 0.1 miles)

Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto SW JEFFERSON ST. 0.2 miles

Turn RIGHT onto SW 4TH AVE. (Less than 0.1 miles)

End at 1221 Sw 4th Ave, Portland, OR 97204-1904
    By bus, light rail on TRI-MET PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: Please visit http://www.trimet.org/ and fill in the Trip Planner box at upper left corner of homepage.

==============================================