Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Democrats target Farenthold on Spanish-language radio for DREAMer deportation vote

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Democrats target Farenthold on Spanish-language radio for DREAMer deportation vote

Democrats target Farenthold on Spanish-language radio for DREAMer deportation vote

Monday, June 10, 2013

Democrats are trying to exact a political price for Texas Republicans’ votes to restart deportations of so-called “DREAMers” — the children illegally brought into the U.S. by their parents.
    The target of the latest ad buy is Corpus Christi Rep. Blake Farenthold, who was one of 23 Texas Republicans to favor the measure by Iowa Rep. Steve King enacted by the House last week. (Republican Rep. Pete Sessions of Dallas did not vote on the proposal. All 12 Texas Democrats voted no.)
    The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee said today it had bought air time on Spanish language radio stations “across” the district, which stretches from Corpus Christi to the Austin and San Antonio media markets, to demand that Farenthold “stand with our young people and not with most extreme members of his party.”
    The district’s population is majority Latino, but voters who go to the polls tend to favor Republicans.
    “Instead of giving these young people a chance at the American Dream, Congressman Farenthold showed his true colors: an extreme ideology that would deport young people who have been contributing to this country since they were brought here as children,” said Emily Bittner, a spokeswoman for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. “The people of Texas want a comprehensive solution to our broken immigration system, but Congressman Farenthold just did the opposite — and voted to restart deportations for 800,00 DREAMers.”
    The ad includes the words of a young Latino person eligible for the DREAM Act who could be among 800,000 youths facing deportation under the King Amendment because of their parents’ decisions.
    “I have lived in the United States since I was a child, and it’s my only home,” the unnamed immigrant says in the ad. “I’m a student, I work, and I’m proud to give back to my community. I’ve always done what was asked of me. The only thing I ask is for the opportunity to do it.”
    Farenthold easily won re-election in the redrawn 27th District last year after upsetting veteran Democrat Solomon Ortiz two years earlier in the old 27th, which was much more heavily Latino. But Democrats are hoping to soften him up with negative ads, particularly if the federal courts redraw Texas congressional maps to increase the district’s Mexican-American population.
    Continue reading for the complete script of the ad:
    VOICEOVER: “The Republican party insists that they have changed, but once again, House Republicans like Blake Farenthold have betrayed our community, rejecting President Obama’s executive order that ended the deportation of DREAM Act-eligible young people. What’s more, Congressman Farenthold wants to restart the deportations of 800,000 young people who grew up in this country, worked hard, and are just looking for their chance to achieve the American Dream. Now, instead of celebrating the first anniversary of the deferred action program, our young DREAMers again face an uncertain future.
    DREAMER: ‘I have lived in the United States since I was a child, and it’s my only home. I’m a student, I work, and I’m proud to give back to my community. I’ve always done what was asked of me. The only thing I ask is for the opportunity to do it.’
    VOICEOVER: “Now is the time to call Congressman Farenthold and demand that he stand with our young people and not with most extreme members of his party.”

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2013/06/democrats-target-farenthold-on-spanish-language-radio-for-dreamer-deportation-vote/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"The ad includes the words of a young Latino person eligible for the DREAM Act who could be among 800,000 youths facing deportation under the King Amendment because of their parents’ decisions.
    “I have lived in the United States since I was a child, and it’s my only home,” the unnamed immigrant says in the ad. “I’m a student, I work, and I’m proud to give back to my community. I’ve always done what was asked of me. The only thing I ask is for the opportunity to do it.”

That's right, you can be deported because of the bad decision your parents made when you were a child. It wasn't your fault, but it isn't the fault of a bank robbers kid that his parents robbed a bank either. The parent pays the consequences and the child is not rewarded. If the parents didn't break the law, these kids wouldn't have ever had the opportunity to grow up here. Their own country wouldn't be foreign to them. They have recieved free schooling, discount rates to college and probably benefitted in many other ways as well, all on our tax dollars.

There is no one to blame here but the parents for breaking the law to begin with. We shouldn't have laws that apply to some while others can pick and choose. If these kids love America so much, let them go through the proper channels like everyone else instead of being treated special and like they are above everyone else.