Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Deported alien's kids haunted by his arrest

http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/ind ... se/news-38

Deported alien's kids haunted by his arrest
    FLINT
    THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION
    Friday, September 08, 2006
    By Ken Palmer
    kpalmer@flintjournal.com • 810.766.6313
    FLINT - Two weeks after federal agents came to his home and led him away in shackles, Baltazar Ornedo's three young children can't shake the trauma of losing their father.

"All they do is mope around," their mother and Ornedo's wife, Shaun Rouse, said. "They have nightmares. They cry in their sleep. It's awful.

"Nobody should be so violated they have to sleep with their mother and lock the bedroom door because they are so afraid that somebody's going to come in and get me. This has so torn my family apart."

Ornedo, 31, an illegal immigrant who had been in the U.S. off and on for more than a decade, was picked up by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents on Aug. 23 and returned to his native Mexico.

An ICE spokesman said Ornedo was listed as a fugitive after failing to show for a hearing before an immigration judge in May 2005.

Advocates for the family said mistakes by a lawyer hired to handle immigration paperwork led to the sudden deportation.

"The children are the ones that are the real victims in this whole situation," said Irma P. Ruiz, Hispanic services director for the International Institute of Flint.

Ruiz said she is trying to get a waiver so Ornedo can legally immigrate to the U.S. and return to his home on the city's east side, where neighbors viewed him as a bright spot in a bleak landscape.

"We're just so outraged as a neighborhood," said Donna MacDonald, who lives across the street from the family on Belle Avenue. "He doesn't do anything illegal. And they just treated him so inhumane."

Ornedo, who owns a drywall business, hired a law firm in Troy after immigration agents stopped his van in Rochester Hills in 2001, Rouse and Ruiz said.

But an immigration judge in Detroit ordered that he be deported after the lawyers filed the wrong paperwork and caused the family to miss a hearing, they said. An appeal by the family was rejected, they said.

On the night of Aug. 23, ICE agents came to the house unexpectedly and said they were investigating mail fraud, Rouse said. The agents sifted through items in the basement and the upper floor before telling Ornedo they were immigration agents and that he was being deported, she said.

Rob Baker, field office director for ICE's detention and removal operations in Detroit, said the agents were following protocol.

"They went to the house and picked him up" he said. "It's unfortunate that his children were present when that happened. But that's just standard procedure. We're in somebody's home ... and we don't know what they are capable of doing."

Rouse said she and Ornedo came to Flint from Salt Lake City several years ago and have three children, ages 7, 5 and 3. Without him, the family has no income, she said.

A lawyer from the firm representing Ornedo did not return a telephone message from The Flint Journal.

©2006 Flint Journal
    © 2006 Michigan Live. All Rights Reserved.

The only victims here are the American drywall men who are not working because of illegals taking jobs . What about there kids?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, I an sure that transportation to the Mexican border can be arranged for the family of the illegal invader. Then they will be able to rejoin their father and see he is just fine back where he belongs. End of traumatic episode.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Okay, this doesn't require brain science. If the family has no income without the husband, who is being deported - why aren't they going with him? Oh, that's right, the anchor babies can draw food stamps, medicad, and other welfare benefits. Of course we all know the husband will be back within 6 months, so it's really a mute point.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Wonder if the IRS is on to this guy?

Everytime I read one of these sob stories, I get really ticked off. Of course everything is America's fault for enforcing its laws. At what point do these people (if ever) take responsibility for their actions and their offspring? Too bad La Raza doesn't teach them that, then maybe it would sink in like the racist slogans they remember to chant.

There really is no need for separation of their families, I'm sure they all hold dual citizenships and therefore should go back to their homeland.

Maybe someone should explain to the kids that dad broke the law coming here illegally and you have to face the consequences for your actions

I have no sympathy. You know what you are doing is illegal. What makes them so special that they can break the law!

If they are allowed to break the law, it would be complete ANARCHY!

"Nobody should be so violated they have to sleep with their mother and lock the bedroom door because they are so afraid that somebody's going to come in and get me. This has so torn my family apart."

Ornedo, 31, an illegal immigrant who had been in the U.S. off and on for more than a decade, was picked up by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents on Aug. 23 and returned to his native Mexico.
    Oh please...give me a break. If you come to our country illegally, this is what you get. You're not victims, you're criminals. If you get caught, well, boo hoo to you.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by Preachingtothechoir
    Everytime I read one of these sob stories, I get really ticked off. Of course everything is America's fault for enforcing its laws. At what point do these people (if ever) take responsibility for their actions and their offspring? Too bad La Raza doesn't teach them that, then maybe it would sink in like the racist slogans they remember to chant.

There really is no need for separation of their families, I'm sure they all hold dual citizenships and therefore should go back to their homeland.
    PTC, I'm with you. These stories are a joke. They must be getting so desperate that they have to appeal to the bleeding hearts of our society. I'm convinced they aren't taught any type of responsibility. I may be way off base here, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they brain wash their people into thinking its America's responsibility to take care of them since we stole their land.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

To bad is right! I know a older guy that his house was broken into 6 times in 6 months. The last time they took finger prints. Yea you guessed it a Illegal Mexican that was wanted for triple murder in California. The old guy asked me how if he was wanted for murder did he travel across the country and not get caught? Unbelievable! He has never been found. the poor old guy said he was scarred for his life and would have to sell and clear out before they came in when he was there. He said so far he has been lucky just came home and found the house ransacked! Now this guy I feel sorry for!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast