Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Despite economy, Americans don't want farm work

http://ktar.com/category/business-news- ... farm-jobs/

Could not copy the article, seems to be a trend these day's

Banned
    And why should they?

The govt is giving free money for 99 weeks , food stamps, wic
    subsidies , and everything else , even free cell phones in some places (vegas for welfare people)

Now cut the welfare and all the rest and see how fast Americans will
    take those jobs

Our govt has made it way to easy to steal from those of us that work
    and give it to those that won't .

Raise the price of a head of lettuce to 7 dollars and pay Americans 18 dollars an hour to pick it,watch out for the stampede though!

There are

There are a lot of unemployed people in the City areas of Chicago and Detroit. Send in a few nice buses a year and bring em out for some of those great outdoors jobs in the fields. Pay them decently. Its not as dangerous as the fishing industry (open water fishing up by Alaska seems especially dangerous) but they should make reasonable pay doing it. Nothing wrong with working in the food industry.

How many millions of people on welfare in this state who are supposed to be looking for work! They should be offered these jobs and if they refuse, the welfare gravy train is cut off!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Illegal aliens don't want those jobs either! They take them until they can get themselves a job in construction, landscaping, service jobs..more $$$.

Farmers (multi billion $$$ corporations) don't want to pay living wages. They love cheap labor, especially illegal alien cheap labor..no withholding taxes..more $$$ in their pockets. Once the illegals wise up, they leave for better paying jobs.

Farms should get with the program, either pay to modernize and pay living wages to Americans or dry up!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Farm work is really hard if you are not used to it. If you are from a city you sure can't ever learn to milk cows - it really requires people who have been brought up in a rural environment.

The stoop labor require to pick fruit from low plants is back breaking -- I have done it I know - I grew up in the country and when I grew up you did farm work. When I was growing up farming was still done with teams of horses - and it was back breaking work -- morning till night.

What has amazed me is that as our society has grown away from from the farm that we have resorted to Mexican immigreants instead of inventing machinery to do the work. If Mexican labor were not so cheap we would have invented machines.

To rid our tied to illegal immigrant labor on the farms and stop agjobs - is to get biusy inventing machines to do the work. Some of the newer machines are amazingly skillfuly handling fruit etc so it is not bruised.

They can mechanize more as judyweller mentions. They can use welfare recipients, those who do little if any work, but who can. They could use prisoners, many who are illegal aliens sitting in jails at taxpayer expense. These people could work in shifts, if they are not used to the hard work, but at least they would be working, not collecting free money, getting meals and housing at the expense of American taxpayers.

Psalm 92:1
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Quote Originally Posted by judyweller
    Farm work is really hard if you are not used to it. If you are from a city you sure can't ever learn to milk cows - it really requires people who have been brought up in a rural environment.

The stoop labor require to pick fruit from low plants is back breaking -- I have done it I know - I grew up in the country and when I grew up you did farm work. When I was growing up farming was still done with teams of horses - and it was back breaking work -- morning till night.

What has amazed me is that as our society has grown away from from the farm that we have resorted to Mexican immigreants instead of inventing machinery to do the work. If Mexican labor were not so cheap we would have invented machines.

To rid our tied to illegal immigrant labor on the farms and stop agjobs - is to get biusy inventing machines to do the work. Some of the newer machines are amazingly skillfuly handling fruit etc so it is not bruised.
    This country was set back by legal advocacy groups beginning in the 1970's which sought to protect the demand for human labor to do harvesting. They hit it at just the right time because it became integrated with racial minority causes, was moved forward by Pres. Jimmy Carter, and probably caught the university based Ag. Engineering programs unprepared. So we have been st back for thirty years.

Without machine harvesting US agriculture enterprises will gradually lose out to overseas operations----which can pay their hired help a few dollars a day. A recent USDA report has even indicated that this country is relying more and more on imports of food. Guess why. Sure we will always have farming---bur check your supermarket for how much produce is brought in. I bet processed meats will be imported soon, too.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Quote Originally Posted by judyweller

Exactly. My Dad picked fruit, my cousin picked lettuce, my friends in high school milked cows, bucked hay and farmed corn and soybeans. Everyone I knew had a garden doing that back-breaking stoop work and never whined about it. If these farmers aren't hiring Americans it's because they'd rather let their crops and fruit spoil than pay an American to do the work which is why they don't make any arrangements to bring Americans to the work site, why they don't go into metro areas looking for workers, why they don't organize a recruitment program and instead stand around with their thumbs up the butts waiting for illegals to show up directed, trained and arranged by illegal alien labor networks.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast