Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DHS Sec: 'Surprised' Immigration Enforcement Actions Not Blocked At Courthouses

by Caroline May 29 May 2014, 9:52 AM PDT
    breitbart

Department of Homeland Security Sec. Jeh Johnson said he was ‘surprised’ to discover that courthouses are not considered to be a “sensitive location” where immigration enforcement actions are largely not allowed.

Wednesday more than 50 lawmakers sent a letter to Johnson calling on DHS to add courthouses to the list of “sensitive locations,” like schools, hospitals and houses of worship where immigration officers can not carry out immigration enforcement actions except in exigent circumstances.

During questioning from New York Democratic Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY) Johnson said that he had received the letter and was surprised to learn that courthouses were not on the list.

“I was a little surprised to find out that courthouses are not on the list of what we consider to be sensitive locations. You know there is a separate policy dealing with courthouses that ICE has My view is that, as you articulated, courthouses are special. We ought to have a special policy with regard to courthouses,” Johnson said.

The caveat, the DHS secretary continued is that in certain circumstances a really dangerous criminal might need to apprehended be at a courthouse, “I would support that.”

“This is an issue that I intend to look at more closely,” Johnson concluded.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...At-Courthouses
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Some in Congress wanting to make it fearless to go get that Driver's license. Is there anyone in Congress on Americans side? Nope, not today!!!!