Like Tree1Likes

Thread: DHS secretary Kelly to tour southern border Wednesday

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DHS secretary Kelly to tour southern border Wednesday

By ANNA GIARITELLI • 1/31/17 10:19 PM

Homeland Security Sec. John Kelly will visit department employees at the country's border security mission in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas on Wednesday, acting press secretary Gillian Christensen announced Tuesday evening.

Kelly will also meet with Gov. Greg Abbott, R-Texas, while in the Lone Star State. The two are expected to discuss state and federal efforts to secure the U.S.-Mexico border.

Kelly will receive briefings from border officials on DHS' southwest border capabilities and operations.

The trip is the first for the recently sworn-in Cabinet member.

The Rio Grande Valley has consistently seen the highest number of attempted entries by unaccompanied minors in comparison with the other southwestern sectors. DHS documented more than 36,000 apprehensions of illegal alien minors within the Rio Grande Valley in fiscal year 2016, 54 percent higher than the previous year.

The next highest number was 6,300 minors in the Tucson region.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/dh...ticle/2613558#!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I believe General Kelly will under the direction of our President secure the Southern Border. That was the primary reason he was chosen because he was Commander of South Com, this is his mission, and I believe he has decided to stake his entire 4-Star Marine General career and reputation on delivering that achievement for the American People.

Trump will set immigration policy from the White House and the Attorney General's Office. And in this regard, I'm sure General Kelly will deliver on those goals as well. I don't think Kelly has the in-depth understand or concerns about general immigration as we do or as Trump does, this will be a bit of a learning curve for him, but if his orders from the White House are to get 'em out and keep 'em out, that's a result General Kelly will be most ready, willing and able to deliver.

His trip to Texas so soon to meet with Abbott, means to me, Kelly is already on it to GET R DONE.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I believe General Kelly will under the direction of our President secure the Southern Border. That was the primary reason he was chosen because he was Commander of South Com, this is his mission, and I believe he has decided to stake his entire 4-Star Marine General career and reputation on delivering that achievement for the American People.

Trump will set immigration policy from the White House and the Attorney General's Office. And in this regard, I'm sure General Kelly will deliver on those goals as well. I don't think Kelly has the in-depth understand or concerns about general immigration as we do or as Trump does, this will be a bit of a learning curve for him, but if his orders from the White House are to get 'em out and keep 'em out, that's a result General Kelly will be most ready, willing and able to deliver.

His trip to Texas so soon to meet with Abbott, means to me, Kelly is already on it to GET R DONE.
    I would be much more comfortable with someone like Kris Kobach in a position to deal with interior enforcement. From a few things I've read and heard lately, it would appear Kelly's is lacking in the necessary motivation and knowledge (low knowledge level could explain lack of motivation) to deal with the 20+ million illegals already residing in our interior. I'm convinced Kobach would have taken the bull by the horns and hit the dick running.

Donald Trump is President of the United States. Assigning one person to deal with the border issues and another to deal with interior enforcement should be within his power. Too bad one of his advisors hasn't made this suggestion.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's really not within his power. When Congress merged all these agencies with so many different responsibilities into one DHS Department after 9/11, it put them all under the power of 1 Cabinet Secretary, the Secretary of Homeland Security. Within the Department, there are other positions that deal directly with immigration, USCIS and immigration enforcement, ICE, both of which are part of Customs and Border Protection, CBP, the largest law enforcement agency of the United States government.

CBP is an odd mix of responsibilities. But I doubt Congress would change these Departments any time soon, so we just have to hope that Kelly is on board, I believe he is, and at the end of the day, he's supposed to do what the law says to do, and I can't see him or any other 4-Star General or Trump Appointee, defying the President by ignoring US law on immigration.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    It's really not within his power. When Congress merged all these agencies with so many different responsibilities into one DHS Department after 9/11, it put them all under the power of 1 Cabinet Secretary, the Secretary of Homeland Security. Within the Department, there are other positions that deal directly with immigration, USCIS and immigration enforcement, ICE, both of which are part of Customs and Border Protection, CBP, the largest law enforcement agency of the United States government.

CBP is an odd mix of responsibilities. But I doubt Congress would change these Departments any time soon, so we just have to hope that Kelly is on board, I believe he is, and at the end of the day, he's supposed to do what the law says to do, and I can't see him or any other 4-Star General or Trump Appointee, defying the President by ignoring US law on immigration.
    If Obama could appoint a Ebola czar, I don't see why Trump can't hire a temporary illegal immigration interior czar. The position would encompass formulating and executing a plan to effectively and efficiently deal with the millions of illegals residing in our interior illegally. The position could be temporary in nature and would cease to exist once the illegal alien number residing here reaches a predetermined level. Just a thought ......

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

He could probably do that out of the White House but not through a Department, unless he appointed Kris head of CBP. Kris's expertise is broad legal issues, so really I think the best place for Kobach at this point if not Deputy of DHS which is no longer available is in the Attorney General's office. There are going to so many lawsuits filed against this Administration by all the illegal aliens that to me that is the best spot at this point for Kobach who could then work with states and cities and civil rights for American Workers and so much more. But either way, AG or White House, I think Trump will find a good place for Kobach.

Right now the most pressing issue is getting his Cabinet Secretaries confirmed. This has to be done immediately, this week, all of them, except for the one person who had to provide more information, I think that was Puzder, and that one should be ready for hearings and so forth in a couple of weeks or so.

DHS Secretary and Texas Governor Tour Border

by ILDEFONSO ORTIZ
    1 Feb 2017
    McAllen, TX

McALLEN, Texas — The newly appointed head of the Department of Homeland Security traveled to this border city to see the challenges faced by the agents under his command as the new administration is expected to take a hard line on border security.
    During the visit, DHS Secretary John Kelly met with Texas Governor Greg Abbot, Texas DPS Director Steve McCraw and U.S. Border Patrol RGV Sector Chief Manuel Padilla. The group has been meeting with various law enforcement officials and is expected to visit various facilities and border regions.

Kelly, a highly decorated U.S. Marine Corps General, was recently appointed as Secretary of Homeland Security by U.S. President Donald J. Trump. The appointment comes at a time when border security, Mexican drug cartels and the ongoing immigration crisis have become a focal point of the current administration.

As Breitbart Texas has been reporting, under the administration of former President Barack Obama, DHS implemented the Priority Enforcement Program, which rather than help stem the flow of undocumented immigrants from Central America, actually resulted in record setting crossings. Ending the PEP and other similar programs will likely be some of the first challenges faced by Kelly.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/...r-tour-border/