Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006 ... 5549.shtml

Reprinted from NewsMax.com

Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2006 3:48 p.m. EST
    Lou Dobbs Defends Fire on Illegals

CNN’s Lou Dobbs is garnering praise for his relentless on-air attacks on illegal immigration – and his refusal to back down to critics.

"People across the country tune in to Lou Dobbs because they know their views on immigration will be presented,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"I know firsthand from my own experience that migrant workers are good people," Mr. Dobbs said. "That isn't the issue. We are a nation of immigrants, but we are also a nation of laws. If we fail as a nation of laws, the rest doesn't make one bit of difference."

AMEN!!

Finally, for those of you who scream 'racist xenophobe', I simply say this. If you have a computer, Google these...
    1. La Raza (NCLR)
    2. MALDEF
    3. Aztlan
    4. Mecha

Read what is espoused in these organizations, what they fervently believe. When your done, sit back, scratch your head and ask yourself, Who's really the racist?
    This should be required "Googling" for Howard Dean......but I suppose he would find some liberal elitist excuse for such cr_p!!

Re: Dobbs's Outspokenness Draws Fans and Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Brian503a
    One Democratic congressman was so incensed that he stood up on the House floor last year to denounce Mr. Dobbs's continuing series "Broken Borders" as a "broken record."
    I swear before I even read further down, I knew this was Luis Gutierrez. The guy is the biggest illegal alien butt kisser in all of congress. I remember him from a debate with Tom Tancredo and Chris Cox.

Re: Dobbs's Outspokenness Draws Fans and Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Brian503a
    http://www.nytimes.com

February 15, 2006
    Dobbs's Outspokenness Draws Fans and Fire
    By RACHEL L. SWARNS
    Night after night, Lou Dobbs slides into his anchor chair, turns to the camera and becomes the sober and steady face of CNN. At 60, he has more than three decades of experience, silvering hair and a voice that rumbles with authority. And for most of his program, he looks and feels like a traditional, nothing-but-the-news television host.

Then the topic turns to illegal immigration, and the sober newsman starts breathing fire.

Mr. Dobbs batters the Bush administration for doing too little to stop millions of migrants from slipping across the border with Mexico. He slams businesses and advocacy groups for helping illegal aliens thrive here. He hails the beleaguered officials who struggle to enforce immigration laws. As his scorching commentaries spill across the nation's television screens, first-time viewers might be forgiven for rubbing their eyes in wonder.

Here is Mr. Dobbs, discussing the Roman Catholic Church's opposition to legislation that would make it a federal crime to assist illegal immigrants: "Tonight, the effort to secure this nation's borders has a new opponent. It is the Catholic Church."

Here he is on the Minutemen, the civilians labeled "vigilantes" by their critics for patrolling the border — sometimes armed — in search of illegal immigrants: "I support the Minuteman Project and the fine Americans who make it up in all they've accomplished, fully, relentlessly and proudly."

And here he is criticizing the White House: "How about a congressional investigation of this administration that refuses to enforce either immigration laws or border security, period?"

Mr. Dobbs has been speaking his mind more frequently about various subjects — including the outsourcing of American jobs — since he ended his long-running business program "Moneyline" and started his general-news program, "Lou Dobbs Tonight," in 2003. But he is touching particularly sensitive nerves these days as the debate over immigration legislation, currently under consideration in Congress, heats up around the country.

Many conservatives praise him for giving a rare national platform to people who fear that illegal immigrants are taking jobs from Americans, fueling violent crime and threatening national security. Critics deride him as anti-immigrant, racist and biased, charges he fiercely denies. One Democratic congressman was so incensed that he stood up on the House floor last year to denounce Mr. Dobbs's continuing series "Broken Borders" as a "broken record."

But Mr. Dobbs remains unapologetic. He says he has no interest in assuming the conventional role of the anchor who reports the news dispassionately. His mission, he says, is to tell American viewers the truth, no matter how uncomfortable or controversial.

"There's nothing fair and balanced about me," said Mr. Dobbs, tweaking his Fox News rivals' slogan, as he settled into his office overlooking Central Park one recent afternoon. "Because there's nothing fair and balanced about the truth. 'He says, she says' journalism is a monstrous cop-out."

"I happen to believe strongly and passionately that we are a nation of immigrants," he added. "But only fools with an agenda can defend illegal immigration."

He acknowledges that his criticism of illegal immigration has caused consternation, even among some CNN journalists. But over the last two and a half years, his ratings have surged. "Lou Dobbs Tonight" drew 631,000 viewers on an average night in 2005, a 28 percent jump from 2003, when it started, according to Nielsen Media Research. ("Special Report With Brit Hume," the Fox newscast that runs against Mr. Dobbs on weeknights from 6 to 7, has more than twice as many viewers.)

Jonathan Klein, the president of CNN's domestic networks, said CNN had been encouraging anchors and journalists to bring more personality to the news.

"You're seeing the passions of our journalists show up on television rather than being left on the newsroom floor," Mr. Klein said.

"People have come to expect Lou Dobbs to hold opinions about things," he added. "And from an audience perspective, everything Lou is doing is working." CNN officials emphasize that Mr. Dobbs, a lifelong Republican, hammers targets across the political spectrum, criticizing Republicans and business executives who support transferring jobs abroad as well as those who hope to legalize millions of illegal immigrants.

But by repeatedly presenting his forceful opinions on illegal immigration and other subjects — on "Moneyline" he criticized the Justice Department for indicting the accounting firm Arthur Andersen in the Enron scandal — Mr. Dobbs has stepped squarely into the debate over whether cable news anchors are breaching the bright line that has traditionally separated commentary from news.

"What Dobbs is doing falls in the sort of the tradition of reportorial journalistic advocacy," said Tom Rosenstiel, the director of the Project for Excellence in Journalism. "It may not be straight reporting in the classical sense, but it certainly falls in the tradition of point-of-view journalism."

Other analysts say they are concerned that cable executives continue to bill such programs as traditional newscasts without flatly and clearly stating that the rules of the game have changed. Ted Koppel, the former host of ABC's "Nightline," says that anchors and reporters who blend commentary and news should not describe themselves as journalists. "Journalism is an effort, as best you can, to establish the fact as dispassionately as you can," said Mr. Koppel, an occasional op-ed columnist for The New York Times. "The moment you start inserting your own passions, in whatever direction, it ceases to be journalism."

But for the fans of Mr. Dobbs's segments on illegal immigration, it is precisely his melding of reporting and forthright opinion that is such a powerful draw. "People across the country tune in to Lou Dobbs because they know their views on immigration will be presented," said Rosemary Jenks, director of governmental relations at NumbersUSA, a policy group that favors reducing immigration. "He is a hero to a lot of people."

Mr. Dobbs's critics, who sometimes appear on his program, acknowledge that he explores the issue of immigration more deeply than any other anchor on television. But, they complain, he fails to point out that the overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants are hard-working people who take jobs that Americans don't want.

Representative Luis V. Gutierrez, Democrat of Illinois, became so frustrated with the program that he invited Mr. Dobbs to Washington in 2004 to hear the concerns of about 12 members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus. He said Mr. Dobbs listened politely, but his program remained the same.

It was Mr. Gutierrez who denounced the program on the House floor last year. "He says, 'I'm fair,' but then he portrays immigrants as purely law breakers and as a threat to our national security," Mr. Gutierrez said. "Meanwhile, he praises other lawbreakers — such as the vigilantes in the Minutemen. And I watch this, and I can't comprehend it."

Mr. Dobbs, who was born in Texas and grew up in Idaho, says he has worked on farms alongside migrant workers, picking beans, hauling potatoes and bailing hay. He says he appreciates the contributions that immigrants have made to this country, though he refuses to discuss his own immigrant heritage.

"One of the things I hate is hyphenated Americans," Mr. Dobbs said testily when a reporter tried to draw him out about his family's history. "I don't give a damn about all of that. We're just Americans."

Mr. Dobbs said he tried to include the voices of "people who would be ignored" because, in his view, too many reporters are too politically correct to give critics of illegal immigration a fair hearing. "Their voices have been denied," he said of many of his guests and viewers.

Mr. Dobbs, who owns a horse farm in New Jersey, says he has never hired an illegal alien. And as for offering a more nuanced portrayal of illegal immigrants on his program, he says he has no interest in treading that territory.

Instead, he plans to continue exposing what he describes as the collusion between the Bush administration, business executives and the Mexican government to disregard immigration laws so as to ensure that America's businesses have a steady stream of cheap labor and Mexico has an outlet for its poor.

"I know firsthand from my own experience that migrant workers are good people," Mr. Dobbs said. "That isn't the issue. We are a nation of immigrants, but we are also a nation of laws. If we fail as a nation of laws, the rest doesn't make one bit of difference."
    I wonder how much longer it will be before we "Americans" will have to "Choose Sides"and fight for our country?I`ll go where Dobbs goes.

Yes !! LOU DOBBS 2008

Wouldn't this be awsome. Tancredo/Dobbs 2008 .
    Or....................................Dobbs/Tancredo 2008 .

Either way it's a win-win for America.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12