Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Don Rosenberg His son killed by an unlicensed illegal alien

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Don Rosenberg His son killed by an unlicensed illegal alien

Don Rosenberg His son killed by an unlicensed illegal alien

Michael Cutler

A background by Don Rosenberg:

30-DAY HOLD POLICY - On November 16, 2010 my son Drew, a 25-year-old was killed by an unlicensed driver in San Francisco.

On June 14, 2010, Roberto Galo was caught driving the wrong way down a one way street, driving without a license and driving without insurance. He was arrested and his car was impounded.

Less than 24 hours later he had his car back and continued to drive it until he killed my son. On July 27, 2010, he was allowed to plead to the lesser offense of driving the wrong way down a one-way street and his driving without a license charge and driving without insurance charges were dropped. At that time, he had already been driving again for over 45 days.

Drew was on his way home from law school when Galo made a last second left hand turn, without warning, trying to beat the changing light. He collided with my son who was on his motorcycle. As they were both going slowly (and Galo was at a complete stop before he made his last second turn) my son probably survived the collision. The medical examiner said he had no head injuries. Instead of stopping Galo accelerated and his right front tire drove over my son's abdomen. When he could not continue forward because my son's body and his bike blocked his way, he backed up driving over his body a second time. Continuing his attempt to flee he then went forward again driving over him a third time only stopping because a brave citizen got out of his car and stood in front of Galo's car stopping his progress. Unfortunately, he stopped with his right tire on my son's abdomen. Five men had to lift the car off his body. My son's death was only one last year of the hundreds caused by unlicensed drivers in California every year.

Drew Rosenberg, son of Don Rosenberg (bottom middle) and brother Evan (bottom right) who was killed by an illegal alien, unlicensed driver in San Francisco on November 16, 2010. | Photo: Don Rosenberg

Today, the City of Los Angeles is considering ending the 30-day impound policy mandated by state law. This change would be ill advised and threaten public safety. Of the roughly 40,000 fatal car crashes each year, 20 percent involve a driver without a valid driver's license, according to a study conducted for the American Automobile Association Foundation for Traffic Safety. (AAA). That's about 8,000 drivers who should not have been on the road. According to the AAA, car impoundment is a strong deterrent.

The California Department of Motor Vehicles led a pair of studies in the 1990s that found unlicensed drivers nearly five times more likely to be involved in a fatal crash than licensed drivers. Impounding vehicles, the DMV concluded, was an effective way to keep unlicensed drivers off the road.

Even the Los Angeles Police Protective League that represents the rank and file opposes the Mayor's directive to have the LAPD change the 30-hold policy for unlicensed drivers because it puts politics above public safety. Their concern, as should be the concern of the Chief, is for the safety of residents on the streets of Los Angeles.
    My opposition to the change in 30-day hold policy is based solely on public safety.
    With a 30-day vehicle impoundment, an unlicensed driver willing to ignore the law is, at least temporarily, less likely to further violate this law because he or she will not have access to the impounded vehicle.

The cost and inconvenience of recovering an impounded vehicle discourages people without licenses from driving. That is precisely why the state legislature enacted the 30-day hold law. The Legislature expressly states the intent behind the unlicensed driver impoundment statutes in Vehicle Code § 14607.4(f): "It is necessary and appropriate to take additional steps to prevent unlicensed drivers from driving, including the civil forfeiture of vehicles used by unlicensed drivers. The state has a critical interest in enforcing its traffic laws and in keeping unlicensed drivers from illegally driving.

The killer, after driving over his son's body three times, was unlicensed and skirted the system.

Seizing the ve
    hicles used by unlicensed drivers serves a significant governmental and public interest, namely the protection of the health, safety, and welfare of Californians from the harm of unlicensed drivers, who are involved in a disproportionate number of traffic incidents, and the avoidance of the associated destruction and damage to lives and property." The "new policy" besides being illegal and unsafe is also irrational and illogical. Besides the hundreds of deaths caused every year by unlicensed drivers there are thousands of people injured and hundreds of millions of dollars in repair costs which are rarely covered by the unlicensed driver since they rarely have any insurance and when they do it's practically worthless. Whenever traffic laws are not obeyed enforcement and fines are increased.

The LAPD proposal does just the opposite. Are the deaths, injuries and costs not sufficient? This proposed policy is not only irresponsible but criminal. If enacted, the LAPD will be aiding and abetting criminal activity that they know will result in more deaths and injuries and additional loss of and destruction of property.

LAPD Assistant Chief Michel Moore does a nice job of "spinning" the court decision regarding the "community caretaking doctrine" trying to make it look their proposed policy would be in line with the court's ruling. That is simply not true. There is no legal cases that mandate the LAPD make the changes they are suggesting. In fact recent impoundment case law supports a policy of continued impoundments.

With regarding to complying with the community caretaking doctrine, the City has been advocating in Salazar and Miranda is: §14602.6 imposes a presumptive 30-day impoundment as legally valid administrative punishment for unlicensed driving, which is separate and independent from the community caretaking inquiry required for the initial seizure.

I am a life-long liberal who has never shied away from claiming to be a liberal. I supported the Dream Act. I support a process to legitimize many illegal immigrants and provide a path to citizenship for others. I even support allowing illegal immigrants to obtain drivers licenses.

Nevertheless, I am also a grieving parent who has lost his son because the state has refused to enforce the law, the DMV refuses to enforce the law, the city of San Francisco refuses to enforce the law and now the City of Los Angeles wants to join this illustrious club. I do not really give a damn what nationality the driver who killed my son is. All I know is that had the law been followed he would be alive today.

Michael Cutler

source: Don Rosenberg - AND Magazine
    Last edited by HAPPY2BME; 05-19-2012 at 06:12 AM.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

ADDED TO ALIPAC HOMEPAGE News with amended title ..

http://www.alipac.us/content/don-ros...gal-alien-526/
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Please tweet articles like this to Romney's campaign, each voice for Don is a voice for all Americans, 12 Americans die each day at the hands of illegals. It's like playing "Russian Roulette" every time we walk out the door of our homes!

Mitt Romney
    P.O. Box 149756
    Boston, MA 02114-9756
    857-288-3500
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/mittromney
    https://twitter.com/#!/MittRomney
    For all other inquiries, please contact info@mittromney.com

https://twitter.com/#!/TeamMitt

https://twitter.com/#!/TeamRomney

https://twitter.com/#!/AnnDRomney
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

San Francisco has definite problems with enabling illegal foreign nationals and allowing them to act like the United States of America is wide open and unrestricted to them and anything goes.

Can these problems be directly attributed to the politicians in control?

Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein Appropriated Federal Funds for San Francisco DA's Program that Expunged & Kept Illegal’s Criminal Records from the Feds
    By Marc Chamot on June 23, 2009

"I don’t know what it is with some politicians? There are those who love illegal aliens, and there are those who truly love “criminal” illegal aliens even more, and risk our lives and their political careers over it."

A big scandal is brewing out of San Francisco land, it involves, the current DA, Kamala Harris, Goodwill Industries, Dianne Feinstein, and the U.S. Representative Nancy Pelosi.

It also involves a taxpayer funded jobs program in lieu of jail, that were being provided for San Francisco’s criminal illegal aliens, and upon the completion of the program, they would have their criminal records expunged from the criminal system. Which even the Federal government wouldn’t be aware of these undocumented’s criminal past and statuses.

They were doing it with the very intention for providing criminal illegal aliens with clean criminal records, even if they applied for U.S. legal documentations in the future, it would have fooled the Feds, and brought into the country a crime wave of legalized criminals aliens.

This blockbuster story did not originate from any San Francisco mediums; it came directly from the LA Times.

This program was apparently run by San Francisco’s DA, Kamala Harris, and who is also a prospective candidate for the California State Attorney General’s office, who is backed by President Barack Obama.

The local federal government agencies are extremely concerned that taxpayer moneys were being used to expunge records of criminal illegal aliens.

This pet project, Back on Track, was started by DA Kamala Harris four years ago. It is now under fire, and so is her candidacy for the attorney general’s office.

It was revealed that on numerous occasions’ criminal illegal aliens, who had committed crimes, were given the alternative into this program, and despite being here illegally, and not having the proper documentations to legally work in the United States.

Back on Track is a Goodwill Industries run, and taxpayer financed program that help drug dealers between 18-30 years old, who have no records of violence, when arrested, they are given the choice to join this on the job training program, which is solely run by the San Francisco chapter of the Goodwill Industries on Mission Street.

If these offenders did elect to go by that route, after being on the program for one year, their police records were totally expunged.

All of this came to light when a habitual criminal illegal alien, Alexander Izaguirre, who should have been deported, went through the program, and eventually had his criminal records expunged, while in July 2008, and was still enrolled with the program, committed aggravated, and violent robbery that left a woman badly injured with her skull cracked.

The city’s sanctuary policy is in shambles and warped, the city is being run by politicians who like to skirt federal laws, and protects its criminal illegal aliens, over its own citizenry’s safety, including those aliens who are deemed far too dangerous for our society.

The Edwin Ramos case has put the city in a stranglehold, and pitted these politicians against its citizenry and the federal government.

Edwin Ramos was that criminal illegal alien from El Salvador, and a gangbanger, who gunned down a father and his two sons with an AK47 last year, and who had been protected from the feds, and deportations, by San Francisco’s archaic sanctuary policies during his years of crime sprees.

This program costs taxpayers $5,000 a year, and Goodwill Industries, who are the direct beneficiaries of a sweetheart earmark of a non-profit deal, that are among many other non-profits, which are constantly plaguing the city and fleecing taxpayers.

This program was dubbed so successful, that Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi and Dianne Feinstein secured a $400,000, in the 2009 federal omnibus grant, to help keep this program alive.

But unfortunately, the program isn’t as successful as it was being billed as. During the four years, there were only 113 graduates and 99 failures to date. And of those who passed the program, 10% of them went back to the life of crime, and of course in typical left, liberal political fashions, Goodwill Industries also benefited by earning $1.06 million dollars from these taxpayers financed “pork,” throughout the four years of the life of the program.
    Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein Appropriated Federal Funds for San Francisco DA's Program that Expunged & Kept Illegal

San Francisco D.A.'s program trained illegal immigrants for jobs they couldn't legally hold

June 22, 2009|Michael Finnegan

San Francisco D.A.'s program trained illegal immigrants for jobs they couldn't legally hold - Los Angeles Times
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It is an outrage that an illegal is protected before the life of a citizen!

On November 16, 2010 my son Drew Rosenberg, a 25-year-old was killed by an unlicensed driver in San Francisco.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Move this article to the new Americans Killed by Illegals section.