Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Donald Trump Says Immigration Bill May Be ‘Death Wish’ for GOP

Donald Trump Says Immigration Bill May Be ‘Death Wish’ for GOP

By Michael Falcone
    @michaelpfalcone
    Aug 10, 2013 8:21pm

AMES, Iowa — Real estate and reality television mogul Donald Trump descended on Iowa Saturday with a series of stern warnings for his party on immigration reform and the 2016 presidential election.

The immigration reform bill that passed the Senate and is now facing an uncertain fate in the House of Representatives “could be a death wish for the Republican Party,” Trump said, alluding to the millions of undocumented immigrants who could eventually get the right to vote.

“Every one of those people — virtually — will be voting Democratic,” he said. “They’re not voting Republican.”

Trump spoke at a forum organized by the Iowa-based conservative group, the Family Leader, on the campus of Iowa State University — the site of the quadrennial Ames Straw Poll, which was held two years ago this week.

Looking ahead to the 2016 presidential campaign, Trump predicted that “Hillary is going to be tougher to beat” than President Obama was last year. He urged Republicans to pick “the right person, the perfect person” to be the party’s nominee.

If the party fails to do so, he said, “Republicans are going to get drubbed in the 2016 election — and that’s not going to be a good thing.”

Recalling the 2012 presidential campaign, Trump said he was fond of Mitt Romney “personally,” but “I don’t know what the hell happened with his campaign.” He also complained that the Romney campaign didn’t use him as a campaign surrogate enough during the general election: “I think they felt I was a little controversial.”

He also found humor in his plans to build a brand-new hotel in the Old Post Office on Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, D.C.

“Can you believe this?” Trump asked. “You have the White House, you have Congress and I’m building right in the middle!”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/08/donald-trump-says-immigration-bill-may-be-death-wish-for-gop/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Why is it that Donald Trump is just about the only really rich guy who is not in the septic tank for amnesty? I do not agree with Donald on everything, but it is obvious he is a true patriot who loves his country more than increasing adequate profits to really huge profits by using illegal aliens. Indeed, I do truly believe he would be satisfied with just "breaking even" if he thought it was important to help this country.

Considering Marko Rubio, Paul Ryan, Rand Paul and others, I hope Donald does not give me cause to regret this praise in the future (regarding illegal immigration).