Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Driver in fatal crash charged - NJ

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news_de ... arged.html

BREAKING NEWS: Driver in fatal crash charged
    TEXT SIZE By: DANIELLE CAMILLI
    Burlington County Times
    MOUNT HOLLY Â*— The driver of a fatal car accident that claimed the life of a middle-school teacher Wednesday was charged today for leaving the scene of the crash at Troth Road and Route 70 in Evesham.

Jose Luis Galindo-Sanchez, 26, of 19th Street in Camden, was charged with hindering apprehension, obstruction of justice and witness tampering, Burlington County Prosecutor Robert D. Bernardi announced today.

His brother, Lucio Garcia-Sanchez, 19, also of 19th Street in Camden, was charged as a material witness. He was a passenger in the truck that struck the car driven by Amy Voorhees, 27, of Evesham.
    Voorhees, a teacher at Evesham’s DeMasi Middle School, was on her way to work and died at the scene of the 7 a.m. crash.

The brothers are being held in the Burlington County Jail and are due in court this afternoon.

The investigation revealed that immediately after the crash, the driver, Galindo-Sanchez, advised his brother to leave the scene in an effort to thwart law enforcement from collecting information regarding the incident, the prosecutor said.

Law enforcement authorities found Garcia-Sanchez walking away from the collision site approximately a quarter-mile from the intersection.

The brothers are from Mexico and are in the United States illegally. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement has placed detainers on both men, according to the Prosecutor’s Office.

Advertisement The incident is still being investigated to determine whether there was criminal conduct
    associated with the operation of the pickup truck being driven by the suspect, Bernardi said.

The brothers were on their way to work for a sprinkler company in Medford at the time of the crash, authorities said.

Their pickup truck, which was eastbound on Route 70, broadsided a Voorhees’ car, which was heading north on Troth Road.

Sources familiar with the accident said the pickup truck ran the red light at the intersection and caused the collision. Authorities declined to specify which vehicle had the green light.

Voorhees taught seventh-grade language arts and was also a softball coach at DeMasi.

She is the 11th motor vehicle fatality in Burlington County this year, according to New Jersey State Police statistics.

The incident is being investigated by the Burlington County Prosecutor’s Office, the Evesham Police Department and the New Jersey State Police.

Email Danielle Camilli: Dcamilli@phillyburbs.com

April 09, 2009 01:37 PM
    Another American dead in the sanctuary state of NJ!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

I just saw this on Fox News, and I am pleased to say they used the term "illegal immigrants". According to the newscast, these criminals have been here for 7 years!!! Seven years of sending their income out of the country. Seven years of driving without a license. Seven years of breaking our laws without consequence one.

And now they've murdered an American citizen, and broken many hearts.

Oh my God, I could cry. In fact, right at this moment, I am.
    <div>
    </div>

The Employers of these murdering Mexicans

The Employers of these Illegal MURDERING Mexicans are Dan Whelan and his brother Glen Whelan the owners of Star Sprinkler at 290 Mount Holly road in Medford.
    E-Mail: Starsprinkler@comcast.net
    Please call and speak your mind to these dirtbags.
    It will be interesting to see if this company is sued or indicted and prosecuted, especially since the victims brother is a Cherry Hill police officer.

I'd like to know if either brother has ever been stopped for a traffic violation be-for. If so wouldn't that indicate that if 287(g) had been in place this poor woman might still be alive? I am so sick of reading stories by IA huggers claiming IAs stopped for 'mere' traffic violations shouldn't be deported.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)