Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Driver in fatal wreck also an illegal immigrant, sheriff say

http://sundaygazettemail.com/section/Ne ... /200609024

September 02, 2006
    Driver in fatal wreck also an illegal immigrant, sheriff says

MADISON — An alleged drunk driver in a fatal wreck on Thursday appears to also be an illegal immigrant, Boone County Sheriff Rodney Miller said.

According to police reports, Christian Javier Sanchez Rubio, 22, of Whitesville was driving a pickup truck west on W.Va. 3. He swerved left of the centerline and struck a car holding a family of three, according to reports.

Four-year-old Tyler Evans, of Clear Fork, was riding with his father and younger brother when a truck hit their vehicle head-on shortly after midnight, killing the boy. All three had to be cut from the vehicle, police said.

Investigators with the Boone County Sheriff’s Office believe alcohol and speed may have been a factor.

Sanchez Rubio was taken to the intensive care unit at Charleston Area Medical Center’s General Hospital. Police say when he is released, he will be charged with felony count of driving under the influence causing death. The charge carries a penalty of one to 10 years in prison.

Boone County deputies are working with federal immigration officials regarding his status in the United States, Miller said.

Click to Search for Related Stories in our Library
    Talk Back: [write to the editor]
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Illegal behind wheel in deadly wreck

I hope incidents like this open the eyes of many police officers and deputies. It is sad that a loss of life occurred but law enforcement people must stop feeling sorry for these illegals who drive without licenses and insurance. I have witnessed officers in South Miami see a car being driven by them and they would tell me that they knew the driver was an illegal. They would comment that they feel sorry for them as they are making a better life for themselves here or that they are sending money home to help their relatives. The only time they would ticket them is if they were in a car accident. To me that practice is unacceptable and dangerous. How many people need to be critically injured or killed before they change their minds. This is also definitely discrimination in my opinion. Why should my neighbor get a ticket for expired tags and the illegal get away with it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree - why aren't law enforcement officers enforcing?

First and foremost, the illegals will not pay the fines anyway - so there is no money in it. In Texas at least, our state is broke - it is beyond broke. The traffic officer is a revenue gatherer. They are not going to waste their time giving tickets to anyone who won't pay it. They need the money.

Secondly, the judges won't back them up if they do.

That is something that concerns me about the cities that are passing these laws against renting, etc. There are plenty of laws already on the books that could/would stand up in court that would achieve the same end.

If those cities would just turn their law enforcement loose to enforce the laws regarding DL, insurance, inspection, etc., the illegals would soon leave. After they begin to impound cars, they would go. Enforce the laws across the books - regardless of status.

They impound vehicles here for DUI, why don't they do it for the illegals. I don't know if they can impound for no insurance or no license, but they can certainly give them a ticket and perhaps the second time they can. If the illegals know they can't drive in that city and they may loose their vehicles - they will leave for greener pastures.

In Texas, if you are caught with more than 1 driver's license, it is a 10K fine according to the nasty lady at DMV. So for these who have a half dozen, they should go under the jail.

Instead they spend time passing laws that probably won't stand up in court, and if they do, it will be after a long legal battle. Is it productive to do that - when they could do something just as effective and stay out of court?

It is bringing some attention to the problem, but other than that -----

I agree. Just this last week I had to pay my auto insurance, get my car inspected & get tags for another year. Last month I had to renew my drivers license.

Why should we have to pay for ourselves and illegals, too?

You know if cities would begin to enforce the traffic laws against illegals - the traffic accidents would decrease and our inurance would go down.

There are just so many positives to doing this - yet they won't.

http://www.cnpapers.com/phonebook/message.php?id=563

Send letter to the newspaper with above link...
    Here's mine.

The death of the little boy, Tyler Evans, should wake up more American citizens!

There are many reports of illegal aliens, driving drunk or without licenses, that are either killing or maiming Americans; all over our Country.

Our government officials need to stop being so lax on the problems created by illegal aliens, and start supporting American citizens.

How many rapes, deaths and other crimes are we to be subjected to by people that have broken our laws to get here?

How many jobs are you willing to lose, either by illegals or more Visa holders?

Illegals, once again, plan to march/protests in our streets this labor day. Demanding we change our laws to suit them!

Well, ask your government officials, what about us and our families!

Take action now, it's for the future of your kid's and grandkids.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    http://www.cnpapers.com/phonebook/message.php?id=563

Send letter to the newspaper with above link...
    Here's mine.

The death of the little boy, Tyler Evans, should wake up more American citizens!

There are many reports of illegal aliens, driving drunk or without licenses, that are either killing or maiming Americans; all over our Country.

Our government officials need to stop being so lax on the problems created by illegal aliens, and start supporting American citizens.

How many rapes, deaths and other crimes are we to be subjected to by people that have broken our laws to get here?

How many jobs are you willing to lose, either by illegals or more Visa holders?

Illegals, once again, plan to march/protests in our streets this labor day. Demanding we change our laws to suit them!

Well, ask your government officials, what about us and our families!

Take action now, it's for the future of your kid's and grandkids.

Well said, Moosetracks mind if I copy your reply to some other outlets that also ran the story?

Illegals and involved in accidents

Yes I agree with nntrixie that illegals cannot afford to pay fines but in the state of Florida if you do not pay your fine or go to court, you get a bench warrant. If that driver get his tag run, is in an accident or stubbles into a DUI check point, they will be arrested. Once that happens and they find them to be illegal or with fake documents, they will be deported. If they cannot afford a traffic ticket, then they cannot afford a lawyer to fight deportation as their appointed lawyer is only responsible of the traffic violation.

I'm really surprised that NC admitted they had death due to Illegal Immigrants. That's one of the first for them
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

MW
    I'm really surprised that NC admitted they had death due to Illegal Immigrants. That's one of the first for them.
    I assumed it was in West Virginia since the accident happened on W.VA. 3. Are you sure the accident was in NC?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast