Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: E-Verify doesn't prevent many companies from hiring undocumented workers

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member 6 Million Dollar Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Well, how do you like paying for illegal aliens? Either employers pay good wages, which unions fought for, or you end up paying taxes supporting underpaid workers, millions of whom are illegal aliens who aren't even supposed to be in our country to begin with let alone stealing jobs and deflating the wages of American workers.
    I've never worked for a union. I don't like how you have to have a relative, like your dad when you're younger, get you in. To me, that's having a monopoly on jobs. That's bs. But whether union or non-union, all jobs will have a livable wage if there's no competition for those jobs from illegals. And nowadays, you have to be lucky enough to be in a union to have a livable wage. There used to be tons of good paying non-union jobs before we got invaded by illegals.

Well, how do you like paying for illegal aliens?
    My post was about unions!

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Either employers pay good wages, which unions fought for, or you end up paying taxes supporting underpaid workers
    NO! It is because of unions that everything costs too much. They union started off with a good goal, protecting workers from bad working conditions. But then they got into jacking up wages, which jacks the cost of everything. Then they got political power so they could control all employees, taking their dues to pay for leftist politics. Unions bad!

Quote Originally Posted by 6 Million Dollar Man View Post
    I noticed that too, but if you click on the "Watch this video on Youtube" link, it will show the video on the original youtube site.

Watch it. It's good. I might be a little sentimental about the way things were when I was growing up in the 70s, but man, things were so much different, and better back in the 70s. What a great time to be a kid.
    The 70's were the best decade. It's when everything made sense, we all felt free, and everything was moving in the right direction. It was a wonderful decade.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I've always been the 1 girl out on mass deportations, so don't feel bad about our disagreeing on this. No one here has ever really wanted mass deportations, they want to freeze 'em out, starve 'em out, dry up all the "magnets" and "lures", rely on the "rule of law" and hope they just go away.
    How about mass self-deportations by getting rid of the magnet, jobs, by clamping down hard on employers who hire them? That sounds pretty good to me, and quick. Quick and fast.

You'll have such a big mass exodus, I'll bet you can see it from space. The mass exodus of illegals on our southern border.

I've never worked for a union. I don't like how you have to have a relative, like your dad when you're younger, get you in. To me, that's having a monopoly on jobs. That's bs. But whether union or non-union, all jobs will have a livable wage if there's no competition for those jobs from illegals. And nowadays, you have to be lucky enough to be in a union to have a livable wage. There used to be tons of good paying non-union jobs before we got invaded by illegals.
    Yeah, some of the unions got a little corrupt. But without that structure, workers won't fight, it's dog eat dog, it's why companies who hire a lot of Americans but also hire some illegal aliens have no complaint from the Americans at that job site, because the way they see it, if the company saves some money there, it makes their own job more secure.

I've never worked for a union either, my jobs were all "white collar", but my Dad was in a boilermakers union and most of my friends who worked in blue collar jobs belonged to a union. The Teamsters were the wild men in my state. The trucking companies were hiring scabs to drive their trucks during a Teamster's strike. And trucking is a little different because you don't have a "jobs site" to strike and picket right? So the strike was going on and on and on and then one day, the Teamsters decided they'd had enough of this crap and blew up a section of Interstate 44 and that shut those scab drivers down. They never caught the bandits.

That was in the 70's. When they blew up the Interstate, everyone got a big kick out of it and supported the Teamsters. It was like ... WOW!! Americans used to know how to stick together and fight for each other. I think we've lost a lot of that. SAD!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    NO! It is because of unions that everything costs too much. They union started off with a good goal, protecting workers from bad working conditions. But then they got into jacking up wages, which jacks the cost of everything. Then they got political power so they could control all employees, taking their dues to pay for leftist politics. Unions bad!
    I think unions outlived their usefulness.

And yes, they jack up the prices on everything way too much. I can tell you stories I heard from guys who worked in unions. Such waste because of the stupid rules.

One time, a guy who used to work for the Iron Workers, told me that he had to cut a small piece of 2X4 wood out of a small 2 foot piece. He spent 2 hours trying to hunt down a carpenter to cut it for him because union rules wouldn't let him cut a piece of wood because that was a carpenters job, and it would be considered stealing a job from a carpenter, although it would've only taken him about 2 minutes to cut that stupid piece of wood.

Another guy, who used to be in the Machinist's Union, went to work one morning and the light bulb was blown inside his CNC machine. He couldn't see in the machine without light. Even though it would have only taken him a minute to change that light bulb, his boss made him just sit in his chair in front of his machine and do nothing for 8 hours because there wasn't an electrician on the job site to come change the light bulb for him. He wasn't allowed to change it himself because that was considered an electrician's job, and he would be stealing work from an electrician if he changed the light bulb himself.

A bunch of stupid rules and full of waste.
    Last edited by 6 Million Dollar Man; 07-15-2018 at 02:37 AM.

How about mass self-deportations by getting rid of the magnet, jobs, by clamping down hard on employers who hire them? That sounds pretty good to me, and quick. Quick and fast.

You'll have such a big mass exodus, I'll bet you can see it from space. The mass exodus of illegals on our southern border.
    Sure! I'm all for "clamping" down on employers who hire illegally, I just don't want to see them go to prison, I prefer to see them fined. Either way, if you clamp down on them all, that would free up a lot of jobs for Americans which I totally support.

I think unions outlived their usefulness.

And yes, they jack up the prices on everything way too much. I can tell you stories I heard from guys who worked in unions. Such waste because of the stupid rules.

One time, a guy who used to work for the Iron Workers, told me that he had to cut a small piece of 2X4 wood out of a small 2 foot piece. He spent 2 hours trying to hunt down a carpenter to cut it for him because union rules wouldn't let him cut a piece of wood because that was a carpenters job, and it would be considered stealing a job from a carpenter, although it would've only taken him about 2 minutes to cut that stupid piece of wood.

Another guy, who used to be in the Machinist's Union, went to work one morning and the light bulb was blown inside his CNC machine. He couldn't see in the machine without light. Even though it would have only taken him a minute to change that light bulb, his boss made him just sit in his chair in front of his machine and do nothing for 8 hours because there wasn't an electrician on the job site to come change the light bulb for him. He wasn't allowed to change it himself because that was considered an electrician's job, and he would be stealing work from an electrician if he changed the light bulb himself.

A bunch of stupid rules and full of waste.
    They may have. It was just a great time for our country when they were going strong. Things have gotten very messed up since union membership has dropped, free trade treason and open borders among them.

I found some articles on the current dilemna on agricultural harvesting. We should have been much further along in this----but with the worldwide tech revolution I don't doubt that it would be easy to find advanced ag. tech in other countries. There are a lot of videos on YouTube showing the latest agriculture machinery. Often it is as simple as a tractor implement. The article below from USA Today shows an implement for thinning lettuce rows. I believe Sweden has made some advances in dairy tech.

The reasons I think government help in this would be needed is that some farms might not think they would be up to the challenge of further mechanization. And rather than investing in expensive machines, if farms in a local area with similar produce could share the equipment wouldn't that make it far cheaper to switch?
    https://amgreatness.com/2018/01/13/no-americas-farmers-dont-depend-illegal-immigration/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...rnia/97396066/

Here's an article about a new dairy operation that has gone to some robotics: Demerath Farms in Nebraska: http://norfolkdailynews.com/news/pla...75c1d5a3f.html

And a video of how it works: http://norfolkdailynews.com/news/vid...9df8d36b5.html
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This article is consistent with several reports we have received from ALIPAC supporters who tell us they have first-hand knowledge of illegal aliens successfully gaining employment with E-Verify certification!

This reinforces what I've been trying to tell folks for many years... the E-Verify and Real ID programs are not to keep illegals out. These programs are how the elites plan to maintain control and security for themselves in a future borderless world where national boundaries are as meaningless as state boundaries.

We used to have a lot of people here on these very forums fighting intensely for biometric big brother tracking technology deployment through Real ID who falsely promised Americans should submit to the program in the interest of stopping illegal immigrants. Now we see in America that millions of illegals have Real ID driver licenses no problemo! The creators of the program want illegals enrolled in their Real ID program. So the voices touting Real ID have retreated from that contention now that most of America is being forced into the Orwellian tracking program.

Now those same folks, including people at NumbersUSA and members of Congress are telling us E-Verify will save American jobs from illegal aliens, and this article is saying that is just not true either.

Nobody should be surprised after all the I-9 forms were part of Reagan's devastating Amnesty in 1986. Americans were promised no illegals could work jobs anymore because of that provision and now we see for the last three decades nobody in DC has been verifying I-9s or acting on them when they are fraudulently submitted.

Both Real ID and E-Verify are programs created to control the American and illegal alien population in the new North American Union, not stop or repel illegal immigrants who are being imported into America to accomplish the same super state creation goals.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast