Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

With Election Behind Them, Democrats Fight To Defend Executive Amnesty in Senate

by Jonathan Strong
    28 Jan 2015

With former-Sen. Scott Brown nipping at her heels in the midterm election, New Hampshire Democrat Sen. Jeanne Shaheen came out against President Obama’s executive amnesty. In September, she was even one of five Democrats to vote for a motion from Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) intended to block Obama from moving ahead with the action.

Now that she’s on the other side of the election, however, Shaheen is leading Democrats in the fight to defend executive amnesty.

Shaheen, along with the top Democratic senator on the Appropriations Committee, today introduced a “clean” Department of Homeland Security funding bill, one that rescinds any funding restrictions on the immigration order included in a House-passed version of the bill.

Senate Democrats have also all signed a letter supporting a clean bill – one that would fund executive amnesty – and Politico reports they are likely to block the House bill from even coming up for debate with a filibuster.

As noted by Heritage Action, last year at least ten Democratic senators expressed concern about Obama’s executive order. Now they are all lining up to defend it.

Sen. Joe Donnelly (D-IN) said: “the president shouldn’t make such significant policy changes on his own.”

Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO) said: “our immigration system is broken, and I support a comprehensive plan to fix it, but executive orders aren’t the way to do it.”

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) said: “I disagree with the President’s decision to use executive action to make changes to our immigration system.”

Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND) said: “I’m disappointed the president decided to use executive action.”

Sen. Angus King (I-ME) said he had: “constitutional concerns about where prosecutorial discretion ends and unconstitutional executive authority begins.”

Sen. Jon Tester (D-MT), the head of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, said he would “prefer” that Congress act rather than the president.

Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) said: “I have concerns about executive action.”

Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA) said: “A big issue like immigration, the best way to get a comprehensive solution is to take this through the legislative process.”

Sen. Tom Carper (D-DE) said: “If I were the president, what I’d say to the Congress — House, Senate, Democrat or Republican — I’m going to give you a little bit of time and in the new Congress expect you to do something.”

But with the election in the rear-view mirror, those concerns have all but disappeared.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...sty-in-senate/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Shaheen, along with the top Democratic senator on the Appropriations Committee, today introduced a “clean” Department of Homeland Security funding bill, one that rescinds any funding restrictions on the immigration order included in a House-passed version of the bill.

Senate Democrats have also all signed a letter supporting a clean bill – one that would fund executive amnesty – and Politico reports they are likely to block the House bill from even coming up for debate with a filibuster.
    That is not a "clean bill"! That's a filthy bill, a dirty bill, an awful bill, a terrible bill, a bill so terrible and dirty, you want to wash and wash and wash and wash to rinse it away. That bill is a bill filled with the DNA of the lowest scum in our nation, idiots, morons, traitors and incompetents who collectively have run up an $18 trillion national debt funding their crap, who have deflated American wages by over $4,000 a year, pushed unemployment and underemployment so high that millions of Americans don't even bother applying for jobs any more because they know it's a waste of time since all new jobs are going to illegal aliens and immigrants.

The bill is not a "clean bill", it's dirty bill straight from the garbage heap that wrote, introduced and supported it.

KILL THE DIRTY BILL!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn