Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Empty Tanks A Message Maybe?

http://www.kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=5030576

"We try to save people from dying from dehydration," said Paula Mich, a volunteer with Humane Borders.
    Mich, along with hundreds of other Humane Borders volunteers, travels into the wilderness each day to refill tanks with water meant for the lips of illegal immigrants crossing the border.
    Marked with a blue flag, the jugs are placed deep in the desert just outside Tucson in areas where volunteers say the most illegal immigrants have died from dehydration.
    "We save lives by doing this," said Humane Borders Volunteer Frank Saavedra. "I don't know how many, but if it's only one it's worth it."
    Not everyone agrees with Humane Borders placing water tanks in areas heavily trafficked by illegal immigrants.
    Mich says vandals have been coming out to the water stations, pulling the caps off the tanks and dumping the water out into the desert.
    The volunteers also say vandals are destroying the blue flags that fly atop 30-foot poles in the middle of the desert -- flags the immigrants look for when seeking out a water station on their journeys.
    "Flags have been destroyed, and not in this station but in others. They've put bullet holes [the water tanks]," Mich said.
    Mich also says each week Humane Borders finds at least one or more of their 70 water tanks vandalized, an act these volunteers say can kill.
    "If they're planning on getting their water at that location and they get there and there's no water, then the next time they could get water could be not before they die," Saavedra said.
    Russ Dove, a local immigration activist, says he understands why people trash the tanks.
    "The vandal issue is a sign that Americans have had enough," Dove said, "and from observation, I think it's only going to get worse."
    Dove says Humane Borders is helping illegal immigrants, some he calls criminals, cross the border safely.
    "These are robbers, rapists, murders. This is simply aiding and abetting criminal activity," Dove said.
    The volunteers, however, say the border crossers are innocent, crossing in search of a better life.
    "We're going to continue to do this regardless of how many empty tanks we find," Mich said. "We're going to continue to do this."
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

I wonder how it feels to be a traitor... to be an accomplice to the demise of a nation.

"We save lives by doing this," said Humane Borders Volunteer Frank Saavedra. "I don't know how many, but if it's only one it's worth it."
    Too bad they can't find in their "Big Ole Bleeding Hearts" the same kind of sympathy for the over 28,000 Americans killed by illegal aliens since 2003! They know they could die and it's horrible, however I cannot and will not feel guilty about their plight!

I do not feel guilty about it either. I cannot afford to. We are fighting for our rights, our nation, and I personally am fighting for my children's future. My children are much too young to understand what is happening right now and I do not want to have to look them in the eye one day down the road when they were older and tell them "There once was a country called the United States of America...."

There has to be a line. I have long since reached mine. The security and well being of our country and citizens MUST come first. No matter what the rest of the world thinks we CANNOT support every poor person on planet Earth. I am beyond feeling sorry for them and they can call me a racist, bigot, xenophobe as long as they do it on their way out of my country.

We HAVE to feel that way. Our government sure isn't lifting a finger to help the people who rightfully belong here.........so we have to do it ourselves. If that offends an illegal alien...........who isn't supposed to be here in the first place.........all I can say is, they have a problem.
    The illegals know the risk they are taking before they start out.......why don't they carry their own water if they want to survive? They want handouts from the first step on US soil.
    I don't feel guilty for feeling that way.
    That's why my bumper sticker says "I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK"
    And if that offends them, well that's tough too.
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

They think it is Americans vandalizing.
    Mexicans have been vandalizing ranchers' stock tanks and pumps, fences, etc.. for years. For no apparent reason. I'd bet it's the illegals.

If these idiots care so much about the welfare of the aliens crossing over illegally I'm sure they won't mind if we send them the bill for the costs of all the services they use while they're here? Maybe they would also be willing to pay the bill for the tens of thousands of incarcerated illegals in our jails and prisons. I wonder how they would feel if any of the illegals they assisted to cross over were to kill an innocent American? Would they still feel so proud of themsleves?
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

MW
    Hmmm, is it possible this open boarder group is killing illegal immigrants by offering them hope and encouragment through watering access points? The smugglers know where these water tanks are, so by leading the illegals across the desert to a tank that may, or may not, have water is risky business. Why is everyone so he$$ bent on encouraging these illegal aliens? I'm sorry, I just don't understand. Providing what could very possibly be a false hope for water (if the tank is destroyed) could be causing more deaths than if no expectation for water were provided.

Wouldn't it be ironic if there were actually costing more lives than they were saving?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The volunteers, however, say the border crossers are innocent, crossing in search of a better life.
    Wahhh!!! Not! No one's entitled to a better life, and they'd be better off improving their situation in their home country rather than fomenting discord in ours.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

I'd like to see Sheriff Joe jail some of these kind people for conspiracy. Wouldn't they look good in their Birkenstock sandals and jail issue pink underwear..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast