Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member controlledImmigration's Avatar

Ensuring the Safety and Security of My Truck and Cargo

Exclusive: Ensuring the Safety and Security of My Truck and Cargo
    Mark R. Taylor

Author: Mark R. Taylor
    Source: The Family Security Foundation, Inc.
    Date: September 5, 2007

President Bush and the DoT have opened our borders to the Mexican trucking industry as part of a controversial new program. FSM Contributor Mark R. Taylor shares his concerns about the effects of this move both on our national security and the livelihoods of American truck drivers.

Ensuring the Safety and Security of My Truck and Cargp

By Mark R. Taylor

In my twenty-plus-year career driving trucks across the 48 states, Canada and Iraq, I have seen fuel prices and taxes rise to new heights; I have seen regulations implemented by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration that tell me when to sleep and when to drive; I have seen any number of changes that affect the trucking industry, good and bad. However, I have not seen anything that will cause irreparable harm to the American trucking industry like the Mexican Truck Pilot Program.

President Bush and the decision makers at the Department of Transportation (none of whom I believe has ever started the engine of a Freightliner, much less dealt with the daily routine of hauling freight), have opened our borders and highways to the Mexican trucking industry. Not 100 trucks – which might, on the surface, seem manageable from a homeland security standpoint – but 100 Mexican trucking companies operating an unknown number of trucks on our highways.

Who will be driving these trucks? Quite frankly, we do not know. The U.S. Department of Transportation will have you believe they will be driven by hard working Mexican truckers, fluent in English with full working knowledge of our Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration laws regulating the U.S. trucking industry. Yes, just like they would have you believe the millions of illegal aliens who have invaded our country are here just to pick lettuce.

When Jim Johnston and the Owner/Operator Independent Drivers Association (OOIDA) joined with Jimmy Hoffa and the Teamsters union in hard-fought attempts to stop the Mexican Truck Pilot Program, I was not surprised. Whether an independent trucker or a union member, the writing is on the wall with regard to our industry. What has been a small surprise is the fact that few larger trucking companies in the U.S. have not spoken out against the program. However, Celedon, which operates terminals in the United States, Mexico and Canada, has been an outspoken supporter of allowing their Mexican drivers access to the United States. According to Celadon’s website, Celadon is one of a limited number of companies that is able to provide for time-sensitive cargo shipments through trailer door-to-door transport in and between any of the NAFTA countries. From an economic standpoint, Celadon has much to gain. Celadon Groups’ CEO, Steve Russell, states with regard to the current restrictions on Mexican trucks in the U.S., on Purchaser.com, “This makes no sense in an age of globalized trade.â€

These trucks are going to be like opening Pandora's box only worse on our country.
    MAY GOD HELP US ALL.

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!

Anything can be reversed with a new President. The current one we have now must be mentally retarded. Boy, talk about being a tyrant! But what gets me is Congress and the Senate are just sitting on their arses and letting him get away with it.

Bush: We need your oil, Mexico

Calderon: You can have all you want as long as we get a cut and you let our nation invade your nation.

Bush: OK, you got a deal!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hope all of you out there are lighting up the phones in Washington about this!!!!!!!!

I just sent this article to the John and Ken show. KFI 640 AM
    <div align="center">" Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore "
    </div>

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If we don't thwart this, the trucking industry will soon be added to the American "endangered jobs" list and will become another slave wage job "Americans just won't do."

We MUST stop this. At this rate, there won't be any jobs left paying sustainable wages within 5 years. Further erosion of the middle class.

I have been calling and faxing and I do support the truckers but I would like to know where they were when "Hold their feet to the fire " was happening, so many of us went out and put flyers up at the weigh stations and worked are butt's off to get them involved, if not in DC at least at their state Capitol. Maybe we would not be trying to stop this now if they had been willing to stand with us then. We all knew the Mexican trucks were a hazard to our highways, but we also knew it would mean jobs and pay cuts to American drivers but they would not stand up for their own jobs and pay.

Now here come the trucks!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "RED ALERT ACTIVISTS"!!
    LETS STOP THE TRUCKS FROM MEXICO they roll Thursday!

Instructions
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=81163
    Post comments here
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=81152
    ACTION ALERT REQUESTS!!
    HR1940 "BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP"
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=81156
    Please activists leave comments,at below link
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=79828
    ALIPAC AUGUST FUND RAISER
    PLEASE help ALIPAC keep the fight up"all donations welcome"extended to 9/11
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=75673
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

SOSAD you are absolutely right! Imagine the progress we could have made had we had the support of the Teamsters, AFL-CIO, Chamber of Commerce and the ACLU. These are supposedly American organizations, who have been staunch supporters of the illegals. Greed, pure greed. They are all traitors.

Someone I think called-blkct99 wrote on another post a few days ago-
    Quote-
    Some groups tried back in April or May of this year , problem is many didn't show up...They tried organizing around Austin, Oklahoma City and in D.C. My husband showed up in OKie City and there were about 20 trucks. Many also said they were prohibited from congregating around Washington D.C. they said the cops were not allowing them in the area unless they could produce Bills of Lading showing they had a load to drop in the area!

I personally had been watching the news that day dying to see DC tied up,the morning news anchors kept announcing it(the rally of trucks) was going to happen that day.Now I know why it didn't

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast