Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Eva Longoria Defends Mexican Immigrants

http://www.starpulse.com

07/31/06
    08:34:34, Categories: Celebrity News
    Eva Longoria Defends Mexican Immigrants
    Eva Longoria is backing the current Hispanic protests against proposed immigration quotas and possible deportations in the United States, branding the planned moves "insulting." The star, of Mexican heritage, is fiercely proud of her Latin roots, and she is raging against the potential policy changes.

She says, "It happened before in the 30s where we had a huge deportation of Mexicans due to a racist policy, and it was horrible. But Mexicans, and in particular Latinos in general, contribute an enormous amount to this country, and I think it's insulting to threaten deportation. The most honourable thing you can do with your life is support your family, and that's what most of these people are doing.

"They leave their countries to come here and make three bucks an hour, and still send money home. I wouldn't suggest I have the answer, but I'm sure there's a set of opportunities we could offer. Because, after all, we are a land of immigrants. None of us would be here of our ancestors didn't get a chance at one time or another."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I am so sick of her running her BIG MOUTH about this issue...

I just read an article about Eva's show, Desperate Housewives.

The creator of the show said one of the major characters will be killed off the show this year. Let's hope the character being killed of is Eva's character

She's very annoying but at least most people don't pay attention to her.

It would be great if her character got killed off by a MS13 gang member or something. Wishful thinking.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

She should back to Mexico if she wants to be around her people.

I personally love hearing from people who have no idea what they are talking about I forgot, I'm a racist because I want to see immigration laws enforced.

TexasCowGirl's
    TexasCowGirl, this should make you happy......I don't even know who she is !! Obviously, now I read she's from Desperate Housewives.

I'm happy to say that with three kids I haven't been a TV watcher for years. In the evenings I'm always busy with dinner, visiting my husband, helping my children with homework, signing permission slips, talking to them, making sure they've showered, picking up their clothes and reading to them.....after that I'm ready to go to sleep too. My life is enough of a TV show, I don't need to watch it !!

I have no interest in knowing about Hollywood, no interest at all.
    B-O-R-I-N-G to me !!

So I don't even give a darn what she says and I don't even know who she is nor do I care !! :P
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/article ... 2105.shtml

Eva Longoria, Salma Hayek and Others Back Illegal Alien Protests
    James Hirsen
    Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Illegal Alien Protests

When it comes to the issue of illegal immigration, Hollywood celebrities have been pretty much mum.

Even notoriously outspoken actors like Sean Penn, Barbra Streisand, and George Clooney appear to have gone silent.

However, there are some exceptions to the zipped-lip rule, and the stars who are speaking out seem to be the ones with Hispanic surnames and/or fan bases.

Celebrities who decided to make their voices heard on the subject include Edward James Olmos and Salma Hayek. The two supported the "day without immigrants" May Day boycott over proposed immigration laws.

Prior to the day of the boycott, Olmos told the AFP news agency, "The protest will be very important, because it will teach a lesson to politicians and the rest of the United States."

Meanwhile "Desperate Housewives'" Eva Longoria told Ireland Online that she's producing a documentary on migrant workers. "I work a lot with the National Council of La Raza, which is the largest Latino civil rights organization in the country and I work a lot with the United Farm Workers," Longoria said.

"We're in this big debate about the future of our immigration laws which is colored by the often negative media portrayals of Latinos in television and film," she added.

Sounding like she'd been counseled by La Raza, Longoria told Reuters that "Mexicans contribute an enormous amount to our society, economically and socially."

Gustavo Santaolalla, Oscar winning composer of the soundtrack for the film "Brokeback Mountain," said, "We have to demand respect and dignity, because we are all workers and because we are already part of the DNA of this country."

Colombian actor John Leguizamo (best known for his roles in "Moulin Rouge" and "Carlito's Way") said that he was "proud of the protests," referring to the multitude of Latinos who recently took to the streets with picket signs.

"It is insulting that the law would call an immigrant a criminal," Leguizamo said. "It's horrible."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

LegalUSCitizen - I only know her because I watch E! I never watched Desparate Housewives, because I don't have time in my life to add another show. Not only is she a lackluster actress, but she is also dating some basketball player from Canada who is 8 or 10 years younger than she is. I wonder why she doesn't date a Latino?

Also here in San Antonio, she is always making an annoying appearance with her bf, whom I think is in the spurs. Not very interesting, but we don't have a ton of celebritities here.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

I've heard the name before, but couldn't pick her out of a police lineup. Never seen a Desperate Housewives episode.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowgirl

It would be great if her character got killed off by a MS13 gang member or something. Wishful thinking.
    Sounds like a great story line plot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast