Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

example of email to supporters of 4437

Please use this or other templates to encourage those who will negotiate with the senate committe on S2611...

Dear Mr Schreibel,

I want to congratulate James Sensenbrenner and your team on 4437 and on holding firm against S. 2611 from the senate. I think you already know that the majority of the legal citizens of this country are supporting your bill and your leadership on this issue.

You have our utmost gratitude and loyalty. Please continue to fight for our beliefs and the future of our country and that of our yet unborn generations.

You and your team are true heroes.

Please pass this on to the congressman with my deepest thanks and support.

Best regards

I sent one earlier this morning.

I briefly pointed out issues I had with S2611 like guest worker amnesty and increase in visa....

I prefered the Enforcement only bill HR4437. I am firmly aginast S2611 because of increasing numbers of immigrants, guest worker programs or giveing SS to criminals or benefits to aliens...

I also pointed out that there have been no economic or socaial sudies done to acknowledge and consider the impact of giving citizenship and voting privilages to 20 milion illegal aliens.

I would prefer that our current laws be enforced over anthing on S2611.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They may need to be educated

Perhaps contacts should include more specifics. I heard several senators interviewed (prior to their vote) and when the interviewer mentioned details of several amendments, the senators appeared incredulous!! I really don't believe they have time to thoroughly read and digest all that info, and vote on a summary provided to them. On several occasions I have contacted my officials in Washington and received a letter back in response which proved to me they didn't delve very deeply into certain issues. I got the uncomfortable feeling that they were relying on reports in the mainstream media only!! Pretty scary!

Banned
    I got the uncomfortable feeling that they were relying on reports in the mainstream media only!! Pretty scary!
    Legislation by editorial fiat? Sounds Orwellian. So does the Senate.

I really DO believe that!

Let's face it...that's where most Americans get their info. I have attempted to discuss certain issues with friends only to find out they are buying the info force fed to them by the mainstream media. Congress and the Senate have so many documents to consider on a daily basis...S.2611 is a good example...with proposed amendments ad nauseum. You KNOW they don't review every single one in detail. Where do they get their info? Probably from summaries presented at voting time and from the mainstream media. This is off the topic a bit, but is a fairly good example: I wrote to several legislators regarding the Terri Schiavo case. Their responses to me revealed that they had NO details of the case. The only info they had was that which was presented by the mainstream media. As you know, the press portrayed Michael as a loving, caring husband and Terri as someone who was in her situation as a result of anorexia or heart problems. Legislators repeated that garbage right back to me!!!