Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: EXCLUSIVE — JEFF SESSIONS: TIME TO HIT BRAKES ON ‘RADICAL’ PACE OF IMMIGRATION

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

EXCLUSIVE — JEFF SESSIONS: TIME TO HIT BRAKES ON ‘RADICAL’ PACE OF IMMIGRATION

EXCLUSIVE — JEFF SESSIONS: TIME TO HIT BRAKES ON ‘RADICAL’ PACE OF IMMIGRATION

T. J. Kirkpatrick / Getty Images

by JULIA HAHN
    4 Oct 2015Washington D.C

On Breitbart News Sunday Sirius XM radio with host and Breitbart News Executive Chairman Stephen K. Bannon, Alabama
    Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL)
    discussed the findings of his Senate Judiciary Immigration and the National Interest Subcommittee, which document how births to current Americans will be vastly outnumbered by mass immigration unless Congress hits the “pause” button on issuing new green cards.In an impassioned interview, Sessions challenged donor-driven Republicans who are “too close to the corporate class,” for supporting a “radical” pace of immigration that would push the U.S. past all known records.

“America is surging past all historical [immigration] levels. I think it’s time to slow down,” Session declared.

Sessions offered a series of detailed facts to demonstrate the true scope of immigration and the depth of public desire to see those levels curbed.

“By a three-to-one majority of Americans they say we should reduce the flow of immigration rather than increase it. I think it’s time for politicians to look at this. They don’t know these numbers and they’re not listening to the American people,” Sessions said.

The exclusive chart provided to Breitbart News documents how for every one net American born — i.e. births minus deaths — “the federal government will add seven more people to the country through future immigration.”

When asked why politicians are not pushing to enact the immigration reductions desired by their constituents, Sessions explained that Washington politicians are “too close to the corporate class,” who see higher wages for workers as a bad thing because it increases labor costs. “If you read the business publications, and wages go up, they think it’s bad.”

Sessions, however, does not subscribe to this corporate view of American wages. “How can that possibly be policy for government officials… It just infuriates me,” Sessions said.

Sessions, who has been a tireless champion of the American worker in the Republican Party, explained that elected officials ought represent Americans, not special interests groups or big business donors:

“I love America. I believe I’m an elected official. And who puts me in office? […] The people who should benefit from my actions are the American people. That’s who should be first. Some people seem to think they represent groups, they seem to think we represent the whole world, they think we represent business groups, and activist groups and La Raza or the Chamber of Commerce, and we’re losing sight of who we represent. And it’s absolutely clear that too large a flow of [foreign] workers, particularly lower skilled workers, hammer American workers, damage their ability to get a pay raise or even get a job. That’s not disputable. That matter has been settled. And someone needs to be worried about those people… I think that’s been lost sight of in your nation’s capital.”

Sessions explained that the findings released by the Subcommittee he chairs debunk the talking points of “establishment elites” who want to continue record immigration against the interests and wishes of the American public.

“We’re told time and again that we don’t have a generous immigration policy and we need to have more,” Sessions said. Yet the facts do not bear this out. As the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee told Breitbart News, “The United States has taken in four times more worldwide immigrants than any other nation on Earth.”

“In seven years we’ll have the highest percentage of American non-native born since the founding of the Republic,” Sessions explained. “Some people think, ‘Well, we’ve always had this numbers,’ but that it’s not so. This is very unusual. This is a radical change.”

Indeed, in the 1920s, the last time the foreign-born share of the population reached a record high, then-President Calvin Coolidge hit the pause button for roughly fifty years, producing an era of explosive wage growth. That pause continued until Ted Kennedyushered in his legislation that granted millions of immigration visas to the entire world.

Sessions explained that if immigration curbs are not enacted, our current policy “will take us to numbers we’ve never seen before.”

“In fact, the United States accounts for five percent of the world’s population; we take in already 20 percent of the [world’s] immigrants. This is a stunning number in itself,” Session said.

When asked about Europe’s immigration crisis, Sessions explained that overly generous immigration policies, both in Europe and the United States, will only encourage more migration:

“Germany made a colossal error — too much like what we [the United States] did last summer,” during the Central American border surge.

“They started talking about how many people they could accept, would accept, and how they were going to be treated, and how they should be basically processed, anybody that came was going to be processed. Well, that creates more.”
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...f-immigration/

MW
    Sen. Sessions would be a fantastic VP selection for Trump. Of course, let it be known in advance, the liberal left will most certainly paint him as a immigrant hating nativist. With that said though, I think Sessions would go over exceedingly well for we Americans looking for someone to champion the American worker for a change.

Stop your slide in the polls Trump and announce Sen. Sessions as your running mate!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If people believe, as Sessions said, that we have always had these numbers of immigrants, it is a direct fault of our educational system. We have what today, more college educated than ever! Sixteen to twenty-four years of education is not enough to teach American history? It is beyond argument, it is fact, America's education system is an utter failure! We are electing today those educated in that system? Does that sound like a road map to prosperity? Hardly!!

Banned

We need Jeff Sessions in the US Senate, not number 2 in the White House.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Not needed. What does a VP do---they're main accomplishment is Senate President. He could do much more good in the Senate, or as DHS Secretary and that is about it.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron View Post
    Not needed. What does a VP do---they're main accomplishment is Senate President. He could do much more good in the Senate, or as DHS Secretary and that is about it.
    Exactly. We need Jeff Session in the Senate, not waiting in the wings for a Presidential vacancy.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    We need Jeff Sessions in the US Senate, not number 2 in the White House.
    Being the VP is about as direct a path to the presidency as is possible. Do you have a problem with Trump for 8 years followed by Sessions for another 8? Furthermore, I believe Sessions would hold a lot more influence over Trump as his second. Oh, and don't think for a minute that Sessions won't encourage Trump to stay the straight and narrow on issues important to Americans! I feel certain their relationship would not be like the one Obama and Biden share.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have a problem with Jeff Session leaving the US Senate creating a vacancy and losing his leadership positions to others less reliable. We need 6 more votes in the Senate as things stand now just to have a 60 vote Senate. If you count Rubio's seat vacancy who has forfeited his seat to run for President, we already need 7. Sessions seat would make that 8.

We don't need Jeff Sessions to keep Trump on the straight and narrow. Trump's been at this long longer than Sessions. Trump's been beating this drum since the 1980's while Jeff Sessions has been voting yes to these green card and visa legal immigration levels for years.

Sessions is on track now and doing a great job, so why move him out of his Chairmanship in the Senate to waiting in the wings as VP? I don't get that idea of moving Republicans out of the Congress that we like to the Executive Branch. We need the laws changed and we need every single person on our side to stay where they are in Congress to do that.
    Last edited by Judy; 10-06-2015 at 01:46 AM.

MW
    Judy wrote:

We don't need Jeff Sessions to keep Trump on the straight and narrow. Trump's been at this a long longer than Sessions.
    You're certainly entitled to your opinion but I would strongly disagree with you on this. Furthermore, Trump definitely hasn't been at this longer than Sen. Sessions has!!! Sharing your opinion on various immigration issues over the years certainly doesn't make you knowledgeable on the issue. Heck, I've been sharing mine for 3 decades, does that qualify me as presidential material? No it doesn't. Besides that, you're missing a huge point here. The addition of Sen. Sessions to the ticket would add a great deal of credibility to Trump's campaign and increase his odds of getting elected. Last but not least, I would certainly love to see Sen. Sessions sitting in the oval office someday. Honestly, I think you're overestimating Trump's abilities and knowledge and underestimating Sessions'. As for Sessions losing his spot in the Senate, there will always be someone else to take his mantle such as Vitter, Grassley, Toomey, Cruz, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast