Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Families rally in Raleigh against North Carolina's part in immigration lawsuit

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Families rally in Raleigh against North Carolina's part in immigration lawsuit

By Elaina Athans
    Tuesday, May 19, 2015 06:23PM

RALEIGH (WTVD) --
    Immigrant families and advocates answered the call for action and rallied outside of the Executive Mansion Tuesday to send a message. The group is angry Gov. Pat McCrory joined in on a lawsuit challenging the President's executive order to provide benefits to immigrants.

The benefits were supposed to take effect May 19.

"They're afraid to drive. They're afraid to participate in their own communities -- afraid even to go to church," said Hector Vaca from Action NC.

The Sanchez Family is one that would benefit from DAPA. The family moved here from Mexico in 1996. His 20-year-old daughter Jessica was born with a spinal deformity and her parents wanted the best possible medical care. Jessica said if her parents are deported, she would have to go back with them.

"This is the only country we know and it's not easy going back to a country you've never been," said Jessica Sanchez.

Rick Martinez with the governor's office said McCrory's position on DAPA has not changed.

"The president has exceeded the balance of power provisions clearly laid out in the U.S. Constitution and his unilateral expansion of power must be challenged," McCrory said. "In North Carolina, the 9th most populous state, the president's actions are likely to put even more financial strain on our state's government services. It's disappointing that the president has shown little regard for states which must shoulder the costs of his actions."

Advocates argue the state is already taking a financial hit by forcing immigrant to live in the shadows, instead of openly contributing.

"He's hurting my state's economy, North Carolina's economy by doing this," said Vaca. "If everyone who's eligible for DAPA and DACA were to register, that would be $197 million for North Carolina economy."

The judge's ruling likely will remain in place for several months. The case is being appealed now.

http://abc11.com/news/families-rally...wsuit-/731141/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    They're afraid to drive. They're afraid to participate in their own communities -- afraid even to go to church," said Hector Vaca from Action NC.
    I doubt they are afraid because Obama has pretty much promised not to deport non-felons. However, on the outside chance that they are afraid, that is as it should be! They'll get no sympathy from me.
    Last edited by MW; 05-20-2015 at 04:05 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I doubt they are afraid because Obama has pretty much promised not to deport non-felons. However, on the outside chance that they are afraid, that is as it should be! They'll be no sympathy from me.
    If I was that afraid I'd be running back to my own country. The illegals and their ilk always have tons of excuses.

Shame on RALEIGH (WTVD) and the "reporter" Elaina Athans .

It should read:

Illegal Foreign Nationals Demonstrate for Unearned Citizenship Rights

Let then know what you think of their open orders activism.
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014
    Connect with us on social media:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

Got a news tip, story idea, or a question or comment for Eyewitness News?

Contact us by email:
    News Tip (or use the form on this page)
    iWitness (for photos and videos)
    ABC11 I-Team
    Troubleshooter

By phone:
    Assignment Desk: (800) 672-9883
    Troubleshooter: (919) 688-4357
    Closed Captioning: (919) 687-2310

Reporters and Anchors:
    Read about and contact our reporters and anchors
    http://abc11.com/uncategorized/conta...estions/26170/

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn