Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FBI investigates kidnapping of U.S. Marine in Mexico

FBI investigates kidnapping of Marine in Mexico

Published June 03, 2013
    Associated PressArmando Torres, III (FBI)

BROWNSVILLE, Texas – The FBI is investigating the kidnapping of a U.S. Marine reservist in Mexico last month.
    Armando Fernandez, special agent in charge of the FBI's San Antonio Division, said in a news release Monday the FBI is seeking information about the kidnapping of Armando Torres III, a U.S. citizen who is also a veteran of the Iraq war.
    The FBI says that on May 14, Armando Torres III drove across the International Port of Entry Bridge at Progresso, Texas, to visit his father's ranch in La Barranca, Tamaulipas. Shortly after arriving at the ranch, armed gunmen took Torres, along with his father, Armando Torres II, and uncle, Salvador Torres, both Mexican citizens.
    In addition to the criminal investigation by Mexican officials, the FBI has opened a concurrent international kidnapping investigation.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/03...#ixzz2VC6ytYch
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

FBI seeks help on case of Marine kidnapped in Mexico

Armando Torres III

GOT A TIP?Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact the FBI-Brownsville Resident Agency Office at (956) 546-6922.

Posted: Monday, June 3, 2013 8:30 pm
    Elizabeth Findell | The Monitor
    Posted on June 3, 2013

The FBI is asking for help finding leads on a Rio Grande Valley Marine kidnapped at gunpoint in Mexico, the agency said Monday.

Armando Torres III, 25, crossed over the Progreso International Bridge on May 14 to visit his father on a ranch near Los Indios, according to an agency news release. There, investigators believe armed intruders took Torres, his father Armando Torres II and uncle Salvador Torres shortly after they arrived.

The younger Torres’ sister Cristina Torres, 24, who lives in Virginia, said she got a call from her cousin minutes after the gunmen raced away.

“She saw a white truck with people in it and they just went in the house and got my brother and my dad and my uncle and just put them in the truck and took off,” Cristina Torres said. “They took a lot of their belongings in the house and they took the cars, as well.”

No one has seen or heard from the three men since that time.

Christina Torres said the family believes the kidnapping is tied to a land dispute, saying drug traffickers had been trying to get the property because of its proximity to the border and they didn’t want to give it up.

The incident hit especially hard for the family of a young veteran who had just gotten out of the U.S. Marine Corps after surviving deployments to Africa and Iraq.
    “You never expect anything like this to happen,” Cristina Torres said. “He never
    went to Mexico, because when he was active in the Marines he wasn’t allowed to go. He hadn’t been in a long time and I don’t know what set him off to go visit my dad. … We just want to see them again.”

The Torres kids grew up in San Benito, where Armando Torres III graduated from high school in 2005 and promptly enlisted, his sister said. He was living in Hargill when the kidnapping occurred and has two children, boys ages 4 and 3.

His father and uncle are Mexican citizens whose disappearance is being investigated by officials there, FBI spokesman Erik Vasys said.

Friends and fellow Marines started a “Get Our Brother Back” Facebook group last month dedicated to spreading the word about the kidnapping and asking for help investigating it.

Melissa Estrada, who identified herself on the site as the mother of the children, begged others to reach out to lawmakers and sign petitions in posts May 27 and 29. She added that her baby boy “was saying he missed his father with tears and heartache I could not fix.”

“I wake up everyday thinking what will I tell my children when they grow up and don’t have a dad,” she wrote. “Armando served this country 7 years and I feel like his country should be able to respond, the way he always did.”

http://www.themonitor.com/news/local...a4bcf6878.html

Missing Marine, relatives feared dead, Mexican law enforcement officials say

Salvador Torres, Armando Torres III and Armando Torres II have been missing since May 14. Courtesy Patricia Torres via Associated Press

Posted: Tuesday, June 4, 2013 9:17 pm
    Ildefonso Ortiz | © 2013 The Monitor
    Posted on June 4, 2013
    McALLEN — More than three weeks after a former U.S. Marine and his relatives went missing in Mexico, authorities in Tamaulipas say they have little hope of finding the men alive.

Armed gunmen kidnapped Armando Torres III along with his father Armando Torres II and his uncle Salvador Torres on May 14 from the family’s ranch near the Los Indios International Bridge, the FBI said Monday. The men have not been heard from since.

A Tamaulipas attorney general’s office official said the agency dispatched investigators to the family’s ranch called “La Barranca.” There, the investigators canvassed the grounds and spoke with individuals close to the Torres family.
    The attorney general’s office official said investigators doubt the Torres men will be found alive, though they continue to pursue leads in the case. The official requested anonymity, citing safety concerns.

A Tamaulipas state police official also said that, based on the circumstances of the case and the players involved, investigators believe that the three Torres family members will not be found alive and a body may never be found. Unauthorized to speak with the media, the official requested anonymity.

The area where the ranch is located lies along a known drug corridor where drug traffickers on the Mexican side cross drugs into the U.S side along various riverside properties in an effort to avoid U.S. law enforcement.

Torres III's sister, Cristina Torres, said FBI agents told her family that Mexican authorities have not been cooperating "as they should." She said her family has not given up hope her brother will be found alive.

"We are doing all we can to get my brother back," she said. "We will continue to do all we can."

FBI spokesman Erik Vasys said he would not “confirm or deny” anything regarding Armando Torres III’s kidnapping.

“In all kidnapping cases, we remain optimistic until we find evidence that indicates otherwise,” Vasys said.

Torres III's uncle, Eduardo Torres, reported the kidnapping to Hidalgo County sheriff's deputies May 14, saying he received a phone call from a niece that Torres III had been kidnapped in Mexico and he went to La Barranca,the incident report says.

Cristina Torres said Mondaythat she received a call from her cousin minutes after the gunmen raced away.

“She saw a white truck with people in it and they just went to the house and got my brother and my dad and my uncle and just put them in the truck and took off,” Torres, 24, said in a telephone interview. “They took a lot of their belongings and they took the cars, as well.”

The Tamaulipas attorney general’s office launched its probe into the missing Torres men after receiving an e-mail from the FBI asking for help in the kidnapping investigation. The agency is tasked with most criminal investigations in the state.
    Relatives told Cristina Torres that Tamaulipas attorney general's officials sealed off the ranch with yellow tape after learning of the kidnapping and have been keeping watch over the property, she said.

Investigators learned that Torres’ grandfather, the late Don Armando Torres, had sold part of his ranch two years ago to a man named Jesus Pecina-Chaires. After Pecina-Chaires went to prison in March in the U.S. on an illegal re-entry conviction, a dispute over the land ignited with Armando Torres II, the Marine’s father.

Relatives of Pecina-Chaires said he grew upset at the ongoing land dispute and told the family that he would take care of it, the Tamaulipas attorney general’s office official said. Investigators have not been able to identify the gunmen who took the Torres family, the official said.

Pecina-Chaires is currently serving a 10 month sentence at the CI Reeves federal prison in Pecos, Texas, for an illegal re-entry charge, federal prison and court records show. Pecina-Chaires has a history of illegal re-entry charges going back to 2005, federal court records show.

Torres III’s aunt, Patricia Torres, said she believes whoever was involved in the land dispute has ties to Mexican organized crime.

“This is because the property," Patricia Torres told the Associated Press. “But the persons that had the property were involved I believe, with the cartel because they were the ones that picked them up.”

Torres III is a Marine veteran who served in Operation Iraqi Freedom. He is part of the Individual Ready Reserve, a category of soldiers made up of former active duty and reservists who do not actively drill, but may be called to another tour of active duty, the FBI said in a statement.

His status as a veteran helped ignite national interest in the kidnapping this week after the FBI posted a plea to public for help on the agency website. A Facebook page was created with the help of the Marine's sister and is called, "Get Our Brother Back;" it had already drawn more than 6,000 members Tuesday evening.

http://www.themonitor.com/news/local...9bb30f31a.html

The authorities should set up camp on the border at that ranch and make sure the cartels never get to use it. The Torres family are the kind of neighbors that that we hope for in Mexico JMO

Where is MSNBC,ABC,NBC and anothing else but a blurb from FOX? JMO