Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Feds nab illegal immigrant who harassed Milford teen

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Feds nab illegal immigrant who harassed Milford teen

By Laura Colvin, Hometown Life 8:21 a.m. EDT October 22, 2015

An illegal immigrant who was reportedly drunk when he harassed a 13-year-old girl in downtown Milford on Sunday was taken into federal custody and will likely be deported.

Elias Lopez, 43, was arrested just before 1 p.m. Wednesday at MiZarape Mexican Restaurant, 131 S. Milford Road, where he was employed as a cook.

Milford Police were on the scene to assist U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents. The arrest took place without incident; officers were reportedly in and out of the restaurant within five minutes.

“I’m very proud ICE did the right thing,” said Milford Police Chief Tom Lindberg, noting a story published Tuesday generated significant public attention and “a lot of negative comments,” after Milford Times reported ICE initially declined to pick up Lopez following Sunday’s incident.

“I think the community will appreciate that (ICE) came out to get him,” Lindberg added. “We don’t want this person lurking around Milford. I wanted him out of here.”

‘Come with me’

The incident in downtown Milford unfolded about 7 p.m. Sunday. A 13-year-old resident of the village told officers she was walking on Main Street near Liberty when the man yelled to her in Spanish from across the street, then crossed over and approached her.

The teen said the man told her “come with me” twice, tried to hand her five $20 bills and attempted to grab her arm. At that point, the girl said she ran to a friend’s home, where she arrived “extremely upset, crying and nearly hyperventilating.”

Officers who responded to a 911 call located Lopez in the area and noted he was intoxicated and had urinated on himself. According to a police report, he blew a preliminary breath test of .19 percent – more than twice the .08 percent legal limit for driving in Michigan.

Lopez was positively identified by the teen.

The report also said officers notified ICE officials after discovering Lopez was in the country illegally. After ICE declined pick up, Lopez was cited for disorderly person and released.

On Tuesday, Lindberg said he was “extremely disappointed” about the initial response from ICE, and said officers had no choice but to release Lopez at that point.

“We’re actually obligated to treat (an illegal immigrant) same as everyone else,” Lindberg said Tuesday. “We can’t detain them any longer than we could detain anyone else.”

Warrant

On Wednesday morning, however, police received word the Department of Homeland Security had issued an administrative warrant for Lopez, and that agents were headed to Milford to pick him up.

An agent from ICE did not immediately return a call seeking comment after the arrest, but Lindberg said Lopez would likely be lodged at Wayne County Jail to await an administrative hearing before likely deportation.

Lindberg said Milford Police have not had complaints about any other employees at MiZarape.

“Not a single one,” he said. “I don’t even think we’ve had a call for service from the restaurant.”

A man who identified him as a supervisor at MiZarape said he was at the restaurant when officers arrived, but didn’t know Lopez well and wasn’t able to comment on whether the company knew he was in the U.S. illegally or not. A more knowledgeable manager was expected at work later Wednesday evening, he said.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...teen/74378394/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Wow, the man propositioned a 13-year old child for sex and ICE wouldn't immediately come and get him. Folks, we're sinking fast. Definitely can't handle another 4 years of progressive liberal policies and non-action. What was ICE thinking by refusing the initial request for a pick up of the illegal?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This kind of stuff is happening more and more often in Europe as the anti White genocidal governments there shove more and more Muslims into the heart of Europe. Because of huge numbers of Muslims invaders Sweden has become the rape capitol of Europe second only to some third word country, I can remember the name. And the Swedish despotic government tries to suppress those who are fighting against the Arab rape invasion. America is half way there already.

And it will happen more and more often as more and more illegal aliens flood in augmented with Muslims.

Trump is right again why don't you all wake the hell up i don't live to far from this town at all
    we live in the south bx & it bad drug's &every thing . obama don't care about the usa
    . trump care what are you all afraid of our country is in a mess now . we have lady
    & guy's with baby on line looking for food . but obama want to help the other country this is bs
    & our gov don't care at all .obama help the illegal immigrants first & the hell with our
    vet's I see this i can go on so i vote for trump & you all keep asking about the wall
    first let trump do his jobs he know what best for our country more then we do
    this guy ask him the same thing on 16 come on wake up your a new guy
    you better get a better job's you don't ask the same thing all the time
    im for trump & the poll are not right