Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Feds Training Local Cops to Arrest Illegal Aliens;

http://www.axcessnews.com/modules/wfsec ... leid=11192

Feds Training Local Cops to Arrest Illegal Aliens; States and Cities Not Interested
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Jim Kouri

(AXcess News) New York - The Department of Homeland Security's Immigration and Customs Enforcement directorate authorized 16 additional Alabama state troopers to enforce federal immigration law, following their completion of ICE training at the Center for Domestic Preparedness in Anniston, Ala.

A Florida deputy sheriff was also authorized to enforce federal immigration law after participating in the same class. Today's graduation boosts the number of Alabama troopers trained and certified to a total of 60.

The Immigration and Nationality Act includes section 287(g), added in 1996, that grants local and state jurisdictions the ability to enforce immigration law with proper training and supervision by federal authorities. In 2003, Alabama became the second state in the nation to participate in the program by signing a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the Department of Homeland Security. Florida was the first state to participate, in 2002.

While many politicians claim their police officers are not allowed to conduct immigration laws, their excuse for ignoring illegal aliens is a canard. Too few police agencies are taking advantage of the training offered by ICE and DHS.

"Partnerships with our state and local law enforcement colleagues have always been essential to our fight against illegal immigration," said Paul Kilcoyne, ICE deputy director for investigations.

"ICE and the Alabama state troopers are building on an existing strong foundation by agreeing to train and certify law enforcement officers to carry out certain duties that are traditionally handled by federal immigration officers."

Alabama Governor Bob Riley said the training and authorization allow the troopers, during the course of their regular duties, to question, detain and arrest individuals who are in this country illegally.

"Alabamians are proud that our state is at the forefront of a growing national effort to combat illegal immigration," said Riley.

"This innovative and cooperative effort allows our state troopers to become force multipliers for America's border security mission. We always welcome those who enter our country legally, but we won't stand idly by and do nothing when we catch illegal aliens, some who have committed crimes like armed robbery, rape and drug smuggling, in our state."

Joining Riley for Friday's graduation ceremony, in addition to Kilcoyne, were Alabama US Rep. Mike Rogers; Michael A. Holt, special agent in charge, ICE, New Orleans; and James M. Wright, ICE section 287(g) program manager.

Rogers praised the troopers and expressed his appreciation to ICE and the Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) for providing the training.

"This program is a win-win for the citizens of Alabama and for federal immigration officials," said the congressman.

"The training our troopers received will help get criminal aliens and immigration violators who pose a threat to our national security and public safety off our streets. I applaud these troopers and the Alabama Department of Public Safety for participating in this important program," he added.

The 16 troopers completed a five-week course at the CDP that mirrors the training ICE agents receive. The course focuses exclusively on immigration and nationality law and issues related to its enforcement, including cultural sensitivity and civil rights instruction.

Under the terms of the Alabama MOU, troopers do not conduct immigration-related enforcement actions at businesses and workplaces. They are authorized to enforce federal immigration law only as necessary in the course of their normal duties as state troopers, such as enforcing traffic law, responding to motor vehicle crashes and issuing driver licenses.

Since the first Alabama troopers completed ICE training in 2003, troopers have made 218 arrests of illegal aliens. Many of those arrested also had previous criminal convictions, including armed robbery, rape and drug smuggling. Others also were charged with crimes such as illegal possession of firearms and Social Security fraud.

The first class of 21 Alabama state troopers completed ICE training in October 2003 and a second class of 23 graduated in November 2005. All three classes were trained at the Center for Domestic Preparedness, a U.S. Department of Homeland Security training facility in Anniston, Ala.

"We're honored to have had the opportunity to once again open our doors to Alabama's responders and to ICE, a sister DHS agency, for this very important training," said CDP Director Marion Cain.

Since 1998, the center has trained emergency responders at the federal, state and local levels, delivering high-quality, cutting-edge preparedness training. The CDP specializes in advanced, hands-on training aimed at preventing, responding to and recovering from terrorist acts, particularly those involving hazardous materials and weapons of mass destruction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: September 12, 2006
    Section: National News
    The URL for this article is: http://www.axcessnews.com/modules/wfsec ... leid=11192
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great work Alabama!!

GO ALABAMA!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

All states that have major problems with illegsal immigration should take part. ICE alone does not have the man power needed to conduct all the enforcement that needs to be done. It would definitely decrease their numbers and may instill more fear in them as their risk of getting caught increases.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This does sound good.

Does anyone know how this is working?

Maybe we could get together and sponsor some law enforcement officers to attend that school.

But ICE has a lot of manpower if they would just put it to use.

Right now, they are busy out making 'catch and release', 'show and tell', arrests for the media.

While I do like the idea of local LE arresting illegals because it will let those who are here illegally know that they aren't welcome, I don't know how many will actually be sent home. These arrests could turn into a 'catch and the judge releases' scenario.

A pair of people who have minimal computer skills could walk into a big coporation and find thousands of illegals. The arrests could be made on the spot - either take them directly to Mexico - then help the families get back home - if they need it. It would only take a dozen men to put them on the buses.

It doesn't take hundreds in SWAT gear to do this - and it doesn't take months of investigation. That's bogus. If you check a SS# and it is for Millie Jones who was born in 1938 - and you have standing in front of you, a yound Hispanic man or woman, that's all it takes. It takes about a minute, at the most to access the information. Anyone with a fake SS# is already a criminal - whether they are here illegally or not.

It is not 'a complex issue'.

nntrixie: I can only see the use of swat gear if the people they are going after are gang members but you can never be too careful as illegals can also have guns. There is also a percentage of illegals that are criminals running from the law back home. Swatgear is more a scare tactic than anything as there is a percentage of people how ever small it may be, who would be intimidated so badly that they would not return.

My idea was to check them out, hold them at their place of employment and put them on buses from there.

Of course, there may be some, but by and large, I don't see those as the ones who have the weapons.

Yes, I realize swat gear is a intimidation tactic. I don't think the show and tell l we saw of INS in swat gear rounding up a few illegals was intended to intimidate illegals - it was to flim flam the public and attempt to show how 'tough'they were on illegals.

My point, they are doing a lot of talking, a lot of 'investigating', wearing a lot of swat gear - and doing nothing.

They continue to talk about long term investigations, etc., etc., and that is just baloney. It doesn't take months -just a few minute with a computer then put the illegal - then on the bus.

In that scenario - some would run - but I don't think there would be need for swat teams.

I don't know but I don't think the Border Patrol has swat gear when they go out - maybe they do.

I think Border Patrol would have some type of safety gear. If the Coast Guard has had Cuban migrants pull knives on them when they get apprehended at sea, then why wouldn't Border Patrol have safety issues as well.
    As for ICE, I think that they operate in a manner where they want to get the most people they can during a round up. If they get a bunch of them on a jobsite, the odds are better that they will all get deported quickly and it takes less court time for the ICE agents.
    The bad news is that illegals do have rights under the American constitution. I am sure that they are entitled to a hearing before they get deported.

I truly don't know about the Border Patrol and swat gear - just don't recall seeing it - I will be checking next time we see some TV footage.

As for ICE, I think that they operate in a manner where they want to get the most people they can during a round up. If they get a bunch of them on a jobsite, the odds are better that they will all get deported quickly and it takes less court time for the ICE agents.
    One would think that would be the case - but when they try to tell us it tooks months and investigations in 5 states and they round up 30 - they are not going about it in the most efficient manner.

The Wal Mart silliness of investigating for months and finding a hand full of illegals that work for a janitorial company - that is an insult to the intelligence of the American people.

Many employers work hundreds in one spot. There is no way they are going to go to any large agribusiness concern and take out hundreds of their employees. These big guys make too many contributions.

The publicized raids were show and tell to try to take the heat off the President -