Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FLA. Palm Beach County Sheriff Vows To No Longer Hold Illegal Aliens Without Warrant

Tuesday, July 22 2014, 05:03 PM EDT

Palm Beach County Sheriff Vows To No Longer Hold Illegal Immigrants Without Warrant

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Sheriff Ric Bradshaw announced Tuesday that effective immediately, The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office will no longer detain individuals with questionable immigration status based only on the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.) detainers absent additional judicial authority.

An I.C.E. detainer is a request for a local jail to hold individuals up to 48 hours after the local charges have been resolved; it’s an agency request only.

Historically, the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.) detainers were viewed as “Mandatory”, requiring jails to honor them.

However, recent directives by I.C.E. describe detainers as discretionary and there have been recent Federal Court decisions articulating the same. Therefore, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office will no longer honor the detainers absent judicial authority.

PBSO will require Orders of Deportation or Warrants signed by a federal judge/magistrate, or other court related orders, to hold individuals beyond the time they would otherwise be released.

This decision comes after a long, thoughtful, and deliberate process that included meetings with the community activists group P.E.A.C.E and discussions with various legal counsels and I.C.E. Officials.

This decision in no way will affect the Sheriff’s Office commitment to securing our borders from the influx of illegal immigrants attempting to enter the U.S. illegally or the Human Trafficking associated with it.

http://www.cbs12.com/news/top-storie...id_17902.shtml

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I can feel for anyone in law enforcement. I believe that they take the same, or very similar, oath any other officeholder takes, then after swearing be told, "Don't take it too seriously, we do not mean for you to do that." I would throw the damned badge at the guy who swore me in.

It is only illegal in America to be American. I do not know how to change that, everyone but a few still votes for those Democrats and Republicans that made those rules, laws and regulations! That is naive to vote for those that have disenfranchised us!