Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Flashback: Lindsey Graham predicts "breakthrough" with over 70 votes -- NOT

Not.

The Hill
    Graham predicts 'breakthrough' passage of immigration bill with over '70 votes'
    By Erik Wasson
    6/16/13

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Sunday predicted overwhelming congressional passage of an immigration reform bill.

“I think we are going to have a political breakthrough, that Congress is going to pass immigration reform,” Graham said on NBC's Meet the Press.

He said the Senate will give the reform bill — which currently has a path to citizenship for the nation's 11 million illegal immigrants — overwhelming support.

“I think we are going to get plus 70 votes,” he said. “I've never been more optimistic about it.”
    Graham said passing the bill is a political necessity for the GOP.

“If we don't pass immigration reform, if we don't get it off the table in a reasonable, practical way, it doesn't matter who we run in 2016,” he said. “We're in a demographic death spiral as a party.

The only way we can get back in the good graces of the Hispanic community, in my view is pass comprehensive immigration reform.”

Graham said a candidate like former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush could win the White House in 2016 if Republicans back immigration reform.

http://thehill.com/video/senate/3058...-over-70-votes

Cool Republican leadership fear

>>“If we don't pass immigration reform, if we don't get it off the table in a reasonable, practical way, it doesn't matter who we run in 2016,” he said. “We're in a demographic death spiral as a party.<<

Republican leadership does everything out of fear. Except for tax breaks or corporate profit. Oh no we can't compromise on that.

They are worried about 2016 while the rest of us are worried about the future of our nation. So.. they are scared of Latino voters and the media, so they think to themselves, hey lets take another 11-20 million illegal Latino border crossers and make them voters, and lets keep the illegal border crossing incentive alive.

You are in a "demographic death spiral" as a nation, fool. hehe

Related (he didn't even get 1/3):

From Huff Post
    6/04/13

"Yeah, we've got 60, I'm sure," Graham told reporters Tuesday. "My goal is to get half the [Senate Republican] conference."

Full story here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3385476.html