Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Fountain Hills man gives border gift

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=67853

Fountain Hills man gives border gift
    By Shanna Hogan, Tribune
    June 16, 2006
    A Fountain Hills resident took out a $120,000 loan on his house to help build one mile of fence along the southern U.S.-Mexico border.

Jim Campbell, a retired homebuilder and volunteer for the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, said he used the money to buy 10,000 feet of square pipe that will be used for the fence across the border from Naco, Mexico.

Ranchers have given the Minutemen permission to build four miles of fence on their land to prevent illegal immigration in the highly trafficked area, Campbell said.

“We’re overwhelmed: Our health services, our law enforcements, our school and such,” he said. “The government has failed to step forward. I think that there’s no other alternative but to build a fence.”

Chris Simcox, president of the Minuteman group, did not return a call Thursday, but wrote in a statement that, “Jim Campbell is a great American who has stepped forward to ensure the success of the effort.”

Campbell, an Air Force veteran, said he normally donates to disabled veterans charities, but this issue is more pressing. “It’s a significant portion of my retirement nest egg, but I wanted to send a message,” Campbell said. “I just felt, quite frankly, that this is a crisis facing our country right now.”

The completed fence will have barbed wire at the top and security cameras monitored by the Minutemen.

Installation will start in two weeks.

“It’s not impenetrable, but we’ll monitor it. We’re just going to make it that much more difficult for them,” he said.

Each year an estimated 1 million people slip over the 2,000 mile U.S.-Mexico border, according to the Border Patrol. In 2005 the Border Patrol apprehended 1.17 million border crossers. More than 500,000 were arrested trying to cross the Arizona portion of the border.

Campbell’s donation was criticized by Elias Bermudez, a immigration reform activist who said he believes the solution to the immigration problem is for the government to develop a legal work program, not to build a fence.

“Building fences along the border is not only a waste of time, it is also detrimental to the friendship between two countries,” he said. “I think if he would have given 100 guys who wanted to cross the fence $1,000 dollars each to go back home, it would be more effective than whatever fence they built.”
    Contact Shanna Hogan by telephone at (480) 970-2339
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    “I think if he would have given 100 guys who wanted to cross the fence $1,000 dollars each to go back home, it would be more effective than whatever fence they built.”
    Common sense tells me they would have been back after the $1,000 was spent or worse yet, they would have used it to help pay a smuggler for another trip.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

“I think if he would have given 100 guys who wanted to cross the fence $1,000 dollars each to go back home, it would be more effective than whatever fence they built.”
    Now we are supposed to pay them to get out of our country? The unmitigated gaul of these people.

Jim Campbell your a true American Hero.....you put your money with your mouth....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Building fences along the border is not only a waste of time, it is also detrimental to the friendship between two countries,” he said.
    Friendship? Friends don't abuse their friends. I believe it all about getting as many in as you can to get as much as you can and manipulate the political system for even greater benefits.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn