Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Fox: Walls, troops no way to fix immigration woes

Mexico a friend and partner? Ha!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... &cset=true

IN MEXICO
    Fox: Walls, troops no way to fix immigration woes

By Hugh Dellios
    Tribune foreign correspondent
    Published May 19, 2006

MEXICO CITY -- Less than 100 miles from President Bush, Mexican President Vicente Fox also visited the U.S.-Mexico border Thursday, but his message was that walls and troops won't solve the immigration problem between the two countries.

"The government of Mexico has expressed many times its belief that the construction of walls, the construction of barriers, on the border does not offer an effective answer for a relationship of friends, neighbors and partners," Fox said. "It does not offer an effective response to guarantee security."

In a visit to Mexicali in Baja California, where he toured a maquila where Mexican workers assemble autos for export to the U.S., Fox joined a chorus of criticism over proposals in the U.S. Congress to extend and fortify border fences.

Mexico also announced Thursday that it is sending a "respectful but firm" diplomatic protest to Washington over Bush's plan to send National Guard troops to the border.

With his statement, Fox appeared to be once again ratcheting up his criticism of moves in the U.S. to fortify the border.

On Tuesday, he had calmly tried to assuage his people's anger at the National Guard announcement, assuring them that it would not amount to a "militarization."

But Fox adamantly condemned the fence proposal when it was approved by the U.S. House last December, calling it "shameful." And his administration has come under growing criticism at home for having received only proposed fences and troops from the U.S. despite his five-year efforts to build a friendlier relationship.

Fox plans to cross the border next week on a visit to Washington, Utah and California to talk about immigration issues.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I wonder if Fox and his elites in Mexico have fences in their neck of the woods at home.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They most likely live on compounds as their own people want to kill them. Their country enforces their borders, we must enforce ours then maybe we can keep their people in their country and not ours
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Fox is a parasite, sucking off the resources of Americans!

I've never been to Mexico, do not want to go...but if I had a chance to slap his face, I'd go!

A few weeks ago, I read an interview with him, by a Mexican journalist, while he was in Mexico...

AFter this journalist asked him all he wanted, Fox said, "I'm glad this is over, so I can go get a tequilla."

I instantly got the opinion that Fox is terribly elitists, that he cares only about himself. Like when the famouse statement was made, "Let them eat cake!"

Why these illegals aren't going back home and protesting, charging the gates of his home, I do not know!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

I thought Bush already went to Mexico to talk to Fox about the border, and now Fox is coming here to talk to Bush about the border????

What is going to make talking now ,any different than when they talked the first time??

He is not coming here to talk to Bush, he is coming here to lobby for the pro-illegal groups. He is not going to the White House. How our president can let the president of another country come here to lobby for illegals that breaks our laws is beyond me.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn