Like Tree4Likes

Thread: GA - Students protest ban on undocumented college students

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GA - Students protest ban on undocumented college students

Posted: 11:56 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2012

ATLANTA —

Dozens gathered outside the state Capitol Tuesday protesting proposed legislation that would ban undocumented immigrants from receiving public higher education.

Channel 2's Amanda Cook went to the rally and heard from several high school students who said Senate Bill 458 would rip their dreams away from them.

Standing at a podium, the high school students admitted to being undocumented immigrants but argued that should not stop them from access to education at a state college.

Supporters of the bill believe the bill is necessary to preserve state-funded education for citizens and legal residents, but opponents argue the bill punishes students based on the actions of their parents.

"How am I a criminal? Do not deny me these opportunities to deny my happiness," one student said.

The students were joined by several human rights groups and state Sen. Nan Orrock, a well-known advocate for undocumented immigrants. She said Bill 458 is the one of the worst immigrant bills to ever come forward.

"We must stop this law. Does Georgia want to go down in history books turning residents away from higher education?" she said.

Despite Tuesday’s protest, the bill has many supporters. It has already passed committee and now heads to the full senate.

One Old Vet

Students protest ban on undocumented college students | www.wsbtv.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"How am I a criminal? Do not deny me these opportunities to deny my happiness," one student said.

You're illegal and can't work legally in the U.S. There is no need for legal U.S. citizens and legal residents to PAY for your continued higher education which you should be seeking freely in your country. As for denying you the opportunity, you should be asking this question to your illegal immigrant parents who decided to bring you here illegally and deny you your happiness you deserve in your legal country of residence. It is NOT the responsibility of legal U.S. citizens and legal residents who came here the LEGAL way, not illegally as your parents selfishly did.

SEE What I Mean

THIS is EXACTLY what I KEEP saying...PROTEST, PROTEST, PROTEST...EVERY SINGLE TIME they are faced with Consequenses for ILLEGAL, Criminal CHOICES THEY Made...They Protest Americans who say they SHOULD Follow American Laws..

Why don't we see Americans out there Protesting saying "THIS Isn't YOUR HOME, WE OWE YOU NOTHING, YOU Broke Our LAWS and Want US to PAY to Support You!
    Last edited by ShawnX5; 02-29-2012 at 12:23 AM. Reason: spell correct

Dozens gathered outside the state Capitol Tuesday
    A few gather with their signs and the media makes a big story out of it complete with pictures. I wonder if they had get them bunched all together to make it look like a big crowd. This has been the MO for the media for a long time as the media promotes illegal aliens protesting in the streets for benefits that they are NOT entitled to but will not cover the counter protests by citizens.

This is the same media that regularly does not report on the crimes commited by illegals.

The code seems to be if it is an illegal there will be no name given, only vague references to "a man" or "a woman". If it is and American citizen either black, white or Asian, they will plaster their pictures and every detail of their lives in the paper. JMO
    Last edited by Newmexican; 02-29-2012 at 11:24 AM.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Your parents broke the law and you all have to pay the consequences. Blame them, don't cry give me, give me, give me. We have our own kids to worry about.

working4change
    We need your help here please
    Calls to Indiana to Stop In-state Tuition

http://www.alipac.us/f9/<font color=...ont>sa-251848/