Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GEORGE SOROS'S FORMER CHIEF STRATEGIST JOINS ZUCKERBERG IMMIGRATION GROUP

GEORGE SOROS'S FORMER CHIEF STRATEGIST JOINS ZUCKERBERG IMMIGRATION GROUP

by MATTHEW BOYLE
    22 Jul 2013

The former chief strategist for left-wing billionaire George Soros has joined Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg in an effort to push amnesty for America’s illegal immigrants, Bloomberg reports.

Stanley Druckenmiller, who Bloomberg reports served as Soros's “chief strategist” for “more than 10 years” as a client money manager, has joined Zuckerberg’s efforts at FWD.us to push for comprehensive immigration reform.

Druckenmiller served as the lead portfolio manager for Soros’ Quantum Fund from 1988 until 2000. According to Bloomberg, he “produced average annual returns of 30 percent at his hedge fund Duquesne Capital Management LLC” from 1986 through 2010.

In addition to hiring Druckenmiller, Zuckerberg funds former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour’s “Americans for a Conservative Direction.” According to the New York Times, that group has been one of the many special interests at the forefront of trying to push conservatives in the House of Representatives to support a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants. The Times wrote recently that Barbour’s Zuckerberg-funded group “has been running ads in Iowa lately that implore those watching to ‘stand with Marco Rubio to end de facto amnesty.'”

The Mexican government once paid Barbour to lobby on behalf of amnesty for illegal immigrants inside the United States.

Other special interest groups are lobbying for the House to pass an amnesty program, as well.

The American Action Network, a group led by former Minnesota Republican Sen. Norm Coleman, has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on television and radio ads pushing the Senate’s immigration bill in the House. Coleman founded the American Action Network with Sen. John McCain’s 2008 presidential campaign National Finance Committee co-chair Fred Malek. In addition to his various roles in politics, Malek is the founder and chairman of Thayer Lodging Group.

Karl Rove is similarly spending money pushing amnesty. “Certainly the way in which the bill is perceived and Rubio’s own political fortunes are closely entwined,” Steven Law, the president of Rove’s American Crossroads, said a few weeks ago. “Our first priority is to promote and advance immigration reform, and to talk about the ways this advances conservative goals. If we do that we will not only be helping to move legislation, but it will also protect those who stuck their necks out like Rubio.”

Before those special interests started their lobbying and advertising campaigns for amnesty in the House, most of House GOP leadership seemed to brush off the Senate’s bill. After weeks of pressure from these special interests, however, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor will hold a hearing on his version of the “DREAM Act” on Tuesday, an amnesty provision for young illegal immigrants.

Beyond Druckenmiller's role, several Soros-backed groups are involved in the effort to pass amnesty. As Breitbart News has reported, the Evangelical Immigration Table (EIT) and the National Immigration Forum (NIF) are funded by the progressive billionaire.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...peddle-amnesty

What Haley Barbour Didn’t Tell Fox News: He Lobbied For Mexico On “Amnesty”

By Michael Schererr
    Feb. 13, 2011

Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour made the case Sunday on Fox News that his career as a high-powered federal lobbyist for domestic corporations and foreign governments would be an asset if he ran for President in 2012.

I can tell you what we did when I was there. We represented Switzerland. We represented Macedonia because the Clinton administration asked us to because of what was going on in the Balkans. But I am perfectly glad to look at the clients that I worked with when I was there. But let me just make this very plain. I’m a lobbyist, a politician, and a lawyer. You know, that the trifecta. And I am willing to have my record in front of everybody.

Barbour may be eager to showcase his record, but one of Barbour’s foreign lobbying clients could cause him some troubles in the 2012 Republican primary, if he decides to run. According to a Justice Department filing by Barbour’s former lobbying firm, The Embassy of Mexico decided to retain Barbour’s services on August 15, 2001, to work on, among other things, legislation that would provide a path to citizenship for foreigners living illegally in the United States—what opponents of immigration reform call “amnesty.”

“Haley Barbour and I will lead the BG&R team,” wrote Lanny Griffith, Barbour’s former business partner, in the filing. According to subsequent filings, Barbour’s work included “building support in the legislative branch for passage of a bill related to Section 245(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.” As part of that work, Barbour’s firm arranged meetings and briefings with “Senators, members of Congress and their staffs, as well as Executive Branch Officials in the White House, National Security Council, State Department, and Immigration & Naturalization Service.” Barbour’s firm charged Mexico $35,000 a month, plus expenses.

At the time, Mexico was seeking an extension of a provision that allowed undocumented immigrants living in the United States to receive legal visas or green cards without returning to their country of origin, provided they pay an additional fine. In practice, the provision generally helped out undocumented family members of legal immigrants or undocumented immigrants who were eligible for visas based upon certain job skills.

Without the provision in place, undocumented immigrants who received legal papers had to return to their country of origin, for three or 10 years, before returning to the U.S. The Congressional Research Serviceestimated that an extension would benefit about 300,000 undocumented immigrants.

At the time of Barbour’s lobbying, the 245(i) effort was referred to as mini-amnesty” in conservative circles.“This amnesty loophole allowed aliens who broke our laws to pay a $1,000 fine and go to the head of the line in front of prospective immigrants who complied with our laws,” opined Phyllis Schlafly, founder of the Eagle Forum, in a 2002 column.

Among the other supporters of extending 245(i) was President George W. Bush, who had called for an extension of the provision before meeting with then-Mexican President Vincent Fox in 2002. The Republican-controlled House of Representatives voted out the extension, but in the post-September 11 atmosphere, the extension failed to win approval in the Senate. The late Sen. Robert Bryd, D-WV, led the charge to sink the measure.

“Reviving the 245(i) provision reopens another crack in the system through which a potential terrorist can crawl,” Bryd said, in a speech on the Senate floor on March 18, 2002. “It is lunacy—sheer lunacy—that the president would request, and the House would pass, such an amnesty at this time.”

The 245(i) provision expired in April of 2002. Since then, Barbour has maintained his support for providing a path to citizenship for those immigrants who are now living in the U.S. illegally. Last year, in an interview with the Hoover Institution, Barbour laid out a view of immigration that sounds entirely consistent with the work he did in 2001 and 2002 for Mexico.

I don’t know where we would have been in Mississippi after Katrina if it hadn’t been with the Spanish speakers that came in to help rebuild. And there’s no doubt in my mind some of them were here illegally. Some of them were, some of them weren’t. But they came in, they looked for the work. If they hadn’t been there — if they hadn’t come and stayed for a few months or a couple years — we would be way, way, way behind where we are now. . . . A lot of it is just common sense. And common sense tell us we’re not going to take 10 or 12 or 14 million people and put them in jail and deport them. We’re not gonna do it, and we need to quit — some people need to quit acting like we are and let’s talk about real solutions.
    Whether such arguments play well among the Republican primary electorate is another matter altogether.

Here’s the video of Barbour’s comments last year:

<font color="#333333"><span style="font-family: Georgia">

Correction: The original post said the documents were filed with the State Department. Foreign Agent Registrations are, in fact, filed with the Justice Department. The post has been corrected.

http://swampland.time.com/2011/02/13...esty%E2%80%9D/
    Last edited by Jean; 08-18-2013 at 11:23 PM.

It is about the self interests and power of these individuals. Misters Soros and Zuckerberg use their billions to destroy America while they disguise themselves as something else, even aligning with others who they would usually be opposed to in thinking. This amnesty scam is putting some unexpected people and groups together that will harm us all. It is sickening to see the sell outs.

Let illegal aliens work hard in their own nations, to make it better for them and their families. Let Americans and those who respectfully entered legally prosper here in our nation.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)