Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Glen Beck, Ashcroft: Nuke across Mexico's Border

Here is a snip it from last nights Glen Beck show Transcript:

JOHN ASHCROFT, FORMER ATTORNEY GENERAL: There are lots of different scenarios that have been both played out and have been guarded against, including whether you -- if you were to bring in components and assemble them instead of bringing in a completed instrument.

BECK: Right.

ASHCROFT: And I don`t know that I can say with any clarity or assurance about what the potential for that kind of effort is. However, I would say that it has been very thoroughly considered.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

BECK: Thoroughly considered. Wow, that just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I don`t know about you. I`m about to make that feeling not go away, but get worse.

On September 20th, we did an interview on this program with Hamid Mir. He`s a Pakistani journalist who has met with Osama bin Laden three or four times in the past. He claims to have recently met with a Al Qaeda key leader in Afghanistan. That leader, Mir says, told him that Al Qaeda has finished its, quote, "cycle of warnings" and is getting ready to unleash an American Hiroshima, by -- you guessed it -- smuggling a nuke into the U.S. across the southern border.
    The attack, according to the Al Qaeda operative, is to be mastermind by a U.S. citizen and Al Qaeda cell leader who`s been called the next Mohamed Atta. He also goes by the alias Jafer the Pilot. We`ve been showing you his picture for the last couple of weeks.

He has been missing and wanted by the FBI since 2003. There`s a $5 million reward for his capture. We`ve been telling you about him for the past couple of weeks, but what you really need to know is who this guy is and what kind of threat he may actually pose.

Pat D`Amuro, he is the CEO of Giuliani Security and Safety -- that names sounds familiar -- a former assistant director of the FBI. He`s the guy who led the team who first identified Jafer the Pilot.

Pat, they say this guy is the next Mohamed Atta. From what I`ve read, he may be worse. Is he?

PAT D`AMURO, FORMER ASST. DIRECTOR, FBI: Well, I think he could potentially be worse. We know that Jafer has had a relationship -- Shukrijumah has had a relationship with Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was the mastermind of 9/11. Atta was not the mastermind. So we know that he was in Pakistan; we know that he`s had a relationship with some very dangerous people. And he is a great concern.

BECK: But he was also -- Atta was just kind of a foot soldier. This guy was hand-picked, wasn`t he?

D`AMURO: This individual is very well-educated. He attended Broward Community College, lived in the United States for some time, speaks English without any accent, has the ability to potentially come in and out of the United States, except for the fact that he`s very well-known and identified, and that all federal agencies, local agencies are on the lookout.

BECK: OK. So how did we originally hear about him? What`s the Guantanamo connection?

D`AMURO: Well, we first learned of Shukrijumah through the FBI team that came down to Washington with me shortly after 9/11. They began taking a look at all the patterns and traits of the 19 hijackers that were involved in 9/11 and began cross-referencing that, finding that Shukrijumah was the son of an individual who had a relationship with Abdel-Rahman, the blind sheikh, had some of the same travel patterns as the 19 hijackers.

So from that, interviews individuals in Guantanamo and other places, learning that he was known and did train in Afghanistan with some of these individuals.

BECK: OK. Now, I`ve heard that there`s been FBI chatter that some people in the FBI believe that he went across the border in Canada and is responsible for missing uranium at one of the universities. I believe it`s in Ontario. Have you heard that?

D`AMURO: There is media reports from Canada identifying that Shukrijumah was in Canada, may be response for stolen nuclear material. Some of it I find a little hard to believe that all the facts are accurate, but this is an individual that Al Qaeda would use in a massive attack against the United States. We know that bin Laden has desires to utilize nuclear weapons against the United States.

BECK: He has claimed that he has them and just hasn`t used them because of, I don`t know, some clerical error or something like that, but he has claimed in the past that he has them.

D`AMURO: Well, you know, Bin Laden was also defrauded years ago in trying to purchase red mercury which he thought could build a nuclear device, so they have some work to do. But it is my fear that someday Al Qaeda will obtain, or a terrorist group like Al Qaeda, will obtain a nuclear device and try to smuggle it into this country.

BECK: How close do you think we are -- how close could we be to, you know, what are they calling it, an American Hiroshima?

D`AMURO: Well, I`ll tell you, it`s a dangerous game to guess. The United States has to do a much better job in procuring technology to be able to identify this type of material from being smuggled into the United States. We need to do a better job at our borders; we need to do a better job at our ports. We are safer, I think, now than we were before 9/11, but we`re still not safe.

BECK: We need to find this guy, don`t we? Do you think he`s here? Could we show the picture? Do you think that this guy is here in the United States? Do we have any idea where he is?

D`AMURO: Well, all intelligence reports indicate that he`s probably in the Waziristan area of Pakistan, the same area that bin Laden is hiding out in.

BECK: OK, Pat, thank you very much. And that is "The Real Story" tonight. If you would like to read more about Jafer the Pilot or have free access to the "Real Story" archive, please visit glennbeck.com. Click on the "Real Story" button
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... gb.01.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)