Like Tree8Likes

Thread: GOP Insiders: Pro-Amnesty Candidate ‘Can’t Win’ Nomination

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GOP Insiders: Pro-Amnesty Candidate ‘Can’t Win’ Nomination

by Tony Lee
    22 Feb 2015

Republican insiders believe that any candidate who is labeled as pro-amnesty will not win the 2016 nomination, conceding how strongly GOP primary voters are opposed to illegal immigration and amnesty for illegal immigrants.

After surveying political insiders from the early primary states, Politico noted that “many insiders argue that anyone who is perceived as supporting amnesty can’t win.” Other insiders reportedly noted, though, that “there are very few candidates who have been totally pure on the issue.”

In New Hampshire, for instance, a Saint Anselm College poll recently found that 41% of GOP primary voters view Jeb Bush’s pro-amnesty immigration stance as a “deal-killer.” Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, who has been leading in some New Hampshire and Iowa polls, will also have to answer for his past support for the McCain-Kennedy comprehensive amnesty bill and a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...in-nomination/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Correct. No Republican candidate who is pro-amnesty or at this point even pro-more-immigration will win the nomination, so big donors should just put their money back in their pockets and save it up for a candidate who can actually win the votes and that will be a candidate who wants to enforce US immigration law, who wants a "pause" on new immigration until this mess is all sorted out, 10 years or so, who will deport illegal aliens, veto any amnesty bill out of Congress, sign an end to automatic birthright citizenship for children of illegal aliens, sign a bill that authorizes states and local law enforcement to enforce US immigration law, and promote and sign a bill that stops all payments, public or private, to illegal aliens including public benefits, tax credits and tax refunds.

Republicans in Congress have all these bills including E-Verify ready to go. All they need is a Senate that will pass them and a President who will sign and enforce them.

This is the issue of our time, and Republicans must run a candidate who is committed with a history for being so and evidence that he/she has the common sense, intelligence, and unwavering loyalty to the American People to do the job.

And if that candidate also supports the FairTax, he/she will knock it out of the park with the biggest landslide victory in the history of the Presidency.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Judy wrote:

And if that candidate also supports the FairTax, he/she will knock it out of the park with the biggest landslide victory in the history of the Presidency.
    I think you would be wrong on that. I strongly believe the majority of conservative voters will not support the unfair tax when they find out ALL of the details on the plan.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post

I think you would be wrong on that. I strongly believe the majority of conservative voters will not support the unfair tax when they find out ALL of the details on the plan.
    Well, the FairTax has more co-sponsors than any bill in the US Congress and is the Number One bill trending on Popvox with 95% support nationally and 99% in North Carolina. I don't know why you don't like it, MW, but that's alright. You're free to be one of the 1%. No bill, tax or otherwise is going to please all the people all the time. But I'll take that 95% - 99% any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Also, the national retail sales tax is the preferred tax reform plan of the Republican Party's National Platform, and while it also mentions a "flat tax" income tax as an alternative, I believe that will be deleted from the party platform in 2016 to unify efforts to pass the FairTax which is the best national retail sales tax plan to replace the income tax.

And by 2015, there will be articles from the GOP insiders saying "Pro-income tax candidate can't win nomination". You read it here first.

Last edited by Judy; 02-23-2015 at 02:54 AM.

It is time for ALIPAC to start hammering all of these GOP amnesty supporters running for President in the hopes we can see the changes America needs instead of just another unscrupulous GOP liar paid to deceive us all by the big banks and US Chamber of Commerce.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's about time the GOP realized that a pr-amnesty candidate CANNOT win the presidency. My guess is that these "insiders" will not prevail and we'll still end up with a pro-amnesty candidate who will lose AGAIN. This will be their excuse:
    "Other insiders reportedly noted, though, that 'there are very few candidates who have been totally pure on the issue.' "
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Well, the FairTax has more co-sponsors than any bill in the US Congress and is the Number One bill trending on Popvox with 95% support nationally and 99% in North Carolina. I don't know why you don't like it, MW, but that's alright. You're free to be one of the 1%. No bill, tax or otherwise is going to please all the people all the time. But I'll take that 95% - 99% any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Also, the national retail sales tax is the preferred tax reform plan of the Republican Party's National Platform, and while it also mentions a "flat tax" income tax as an alternative, I believe that will be deleted from the party platform in 2016 to unify efforts to pass the FairTax which is the best national retail sales tax plan to replace the income tax.

And by 2015, there will be articles from the GOP insiders saying "Pro-income tax candidate can't win nomination". You read it here first.

The reason the so-called fair tax plan has support in the U.S. Congress is because the Congress is full of wealthy folks. Yep, those people are only interested in one thing and that is the protection of their wealth! The plan helps the wealthy keep their wealth, which I don't really have a problem with, however, it hurts the middle class (I do have a problem with that).

As for your quotes on statistical data concerning the support of the unfair tax plan, I'm betting less than 30% of the population in this country even know what the so-called fair tax plan is! Moreover, even fewer know what Popvox is. Your statistical data is useless in this argument because it doesn't really represent a large enough section of our voting public. All of this is really a moot point anyway because the plan has very little support in the U.S. Senate.

This year the unfair tax plan will end up in the same place it has in the past ...... the dust bin of history.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    The reason the so-called fair tax plan has support in the U.S. Congress is because the Congress is full of wealthy folks. Yep, those people are only interested in one thing and that is the protection of their wealth! The plan helps the wealthy keep their wealth, which I don't really have a problem with, however, it hurts the middle class (I do have a problem with that).

As for your quotes on statistical data concerning the support of the unfair tax plan, I'm betting less than 30% of the population in this country even know what the so-called fair tax plan is! Moreover, even fewer know what Popvox is. Your statistical data is useless in this argument because it doesn't really represent a large enough section of our voting public. All of this is really a moot point anyway because the plan has very little support in the U.S. Senate.

This year the unfair tax plan will end up in the same place it has in the past ...... the dust bin of history.
    Well, MW, as Republicans, we like wealthy people who want to do the right things, like the co-sponsors of the FairTax bill, HR 25 in the US House of Representatives and S 155 in the US Senate. We want everyone to protect their wealth in whathever amount they have. It's their income, their investments, their savings, their wages, their salaries, and because it's theirs, the federal government has no right to use mandates of laws to rob it against their will like the income tax does. The FairTax protects everyone and allows everyone the same freedom to earn, save, invest, buy used and so forth free of federal tax, and only pay federal sales tax on new retail consumption and if they wish to sign up for the rebate, only that amount of consumption above the household consumption allowance.

Republicans have never envied someone else's success. Instead, we want the same opportunity and level playing field to build our own and that includes building one's assets through the FairTax. The FairTax represents a concept of liberty that hasn't been in our country for over 100 years, so I understand that it will seem odd to some, but that's the way it's always been about liberty and freedom. Some want it stacked for themselves at someone else's expense, but most want it stacked the same for everyone, which is what the FairTax does for every citizen and permanent legal resident in the US.

The FairTax prohibits rebates for illegal aliens, so the supporters of the FairTax not only understand tax reform, they understand the problems with illegal immigration and made sure this tax reform did not benefit illegal aliens in any way, shape or form, unlike our existing tax code that hands out thousands of dollars of tax refunds to illegal aliens for tax they didn't pay to begin with, but that Americans did.

And you're right, like the illegal immigration issue that was kept secret for so many years, there has not been a lot of coverage about the FairTax, so many Americans still do not know about it, but for those who do, the support is overwhelming and there is no reason at all to believe other Americans won't feel the exact same way and support it vigorously when they learn about it. The greatest fear of the anti-FairTax lobby is that Americans will learn about the FairTax which is why they constructed this "unfair" facade about it. But like our efforts to stop illegal immigration which was so hard when the truth wasn't out and known about it, once the information starts flowing about the FairTax, there will be no stopping us.

Americans need to think about the near paradise our nation will become when there is neither an income tax nor illegal immigration/excess legal immigration to contend with. It won't be nirvana per se, but it will be closer to the perfect union most Americans have dreamed about and had hoped to enjoy for more than a century.

But like we've said many times, you and I have the right to agree to disagree, and that's just the way it is with the FairTax. But as always, I enjoy discussing it with you as often as you would like to comment on it.
    Last edited by Judy; 02-23-2015 at 12:26 PM.

imblest wrote:

"Other insiders reportedly noted, though, that 'there are very few candidates who have been totally pure on the issue.' "
    How right you are, but there are potential candidates out there who are, just not any who have announced their interest. It's early, and there are plenty of Republican members of Congress and Republican Governors who are "pure" on this issue, so it's our job to do everything we can to seek them out and encourage them to run. Hopefully, one who also supports the FairTax so we can knock it out of the park and restore the value of American citizenship complete with the tax freedom and personal privacy that goes with it.
    Last edited by Judy; 02-23-2015 at 12:45 PM.