Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Gov visits Yuma; talks about ag industry, border fence

http://sun.yumasun.com/artman/publish/a ... _27093.php

Governor visits Yuma; talks about ag industry, border fence
    FROM STAFF REPORTS
    Oct 6, 2006

Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano visited Yuma on Friday to meet privately with several groups and political parties. Here's what she had to say:

Q: Will the Yuma agricultural industry be harmed by the recent E. coli scare in spinach?
    A: "I think we'll be all right. I'm going to meet with the growers today. But I met with growers, I want to say, a week and a half, two weeks ago in Phoenix. The thought then was the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) had isolated the cause of the E. coli problem to three areas in the Salinas Valley, and we would probably be OK. We were just beginning to plant our spinach then. I was in the grocery the other day, and spinach is back on the shelf and people are buying it."

Q: What is your opinion of the new plan to build a 700-mile fence along the southern border with Mexico?
    A: "That was part of an overall bill that includes money for radar, money for extra Border Patrol agents and so forth. I think if you couple that with additional measures between the ports of entry and you have comprehensive immigration reform ... They still have to deal with the temporary worker program and all those issues, and then you've got a way to solve the problem. To me, what they've done now is just a start."

Q: What is your opinion on the ruling by a federal appeals court judge granting an injunction that temporarily sets aside the proof of citizenship requirements in Proposition 200, which was passed by Arizona voters?
    A: "I know the attorney general (Terry Goddard) is appealing it. He will vigorously defend the law. We'll do whatever happens."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

and you have comprehensive immigration reform ... They still have to deal with the temporary worker program and all those issues, and then you've got a way to solve the problem. To me, what they've done now is just a start."
    There it is again.......lol

bzzzzzzzzzz words for AMNESTY. It's just about time for them to begin using a new phrase.........this one is so worn out.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)