Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    You can also purchase it online if you don't live near a store. However it says it's backordered and costs $24, plus $5.95 for shipping.

www.urbanoutfitters.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Article from the ADL web site.

www.adl.org

ADL Asks Urban Outfitters to Discontinue Insensitive New Mexico T-shirt

Albuquerque, NM, July 21, 2005 … The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) today asked the Philadelphia-based retailer Urban Outfitters to discontinue the t-shirt in their current line bearing the message "New Mexico, Cleaner than Regular Mexico".

In a letter to Urban Outfitters CEO Richard Hayne, Barry Morrison, Philadelphia ADL Regional Director, expressed his concern that the message is offensive. "It is an inappropriate and unnecessary disparagement of that country, and people identified with the country should not be subjected to this type of ridicule and debasing reference."

Morrison asked that Urban Outfitters discontinue this item and remove any existing stock. He also wrote that the company seems to have continuing problems regarding racial, religious and ethnic sensibilities, suggesting that Urban Outfitters "seriously consider undertaking diversity training of your personnel."

Susan Seligman, ADL New Mexico Director noted, "Insensitivity is never in style. It is unfortunate that Urban Outfitter's design and marketing teams think being offensive is a fashion statement."

In January 2004, Urban Outfitters discontinued production of a t-shirt that perpetuated an ethnic stereotype of Jews. The shirt featured the language, "Everyone Loves A Jewish Girl," surrounded by dollar signs and shopping bags.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Soooo we all just email Urban Outfitters and tell them how great all their t shirts are. Think I'm going to send an email right now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I repeat: What "Anti-defamation League," praytell, is this?

When did it become illegal to be "insensitive?" I am deadly serious here. This whole idea that speech should be regulated is the first step towards Third Worldom. Do people get that? I know people think they are being nice by speaking out against "insensitivity" but you have to see where all this leads, eventually. What the hell ever happened to "sticks and stones...?"

I worked at a major newspaper for two years. The way those people felt qualified to tell the commoners what they could and could not think disgusted me--and it still does. Do people even remember why the whole concept of Free Speech came about? Free Speech was INVENTED to work hand in hand with Freedom of the Press to make sure people had a voice. But for twenty years or so the press has been the worst offender when it comes to trying to curtail free speech. If you are STRONG, what other people may or may not think doesn't matter.

GRRRRRR

Ditto, BobC.

Also, note that the head of the ADL said the t-shirts were an "inappropriate and unnecessary disparagement of that country" but he sure didn't say it was an UNTRUE statement!

I agree with BobC--whatever happened to being able to call a spade a spade in this country???? The "sticks and stones" analogy is right on target.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Okay, if we have people in this country who 'identify' with the filth and corruption that is Mexico and feel 'offended' by the T-Shirts...let 'em eat dirt. I'm offended by their very presence here.

I am an advocate of free and open speech. If the shoe fits, wear it.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Right On RR!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

P. S. - National Council of La Raza and the Anti-Defamation League and all these organizations don't "GET IT" because they are not really "FROM HERE"; they aren't American; and believe "He with the Gold Rules".

Nope....not here, not in the United States, not in the Land of the Americans called the USA.

WE, the People, rule everything. They can try to buy it for awhile, but eventually, they'll run out of money, votes and be high-tailing it out of the country for fear of "civil war", "danger", and "lost profits" as they are just greedy low-minded cowards.

And, I wish them all well and send them parting adieu with, "Don't let the door hit you on your Butt on the WAY OUT".

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

AND IT CAN'T BE TOO SOON FOR ME!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12