Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Groups vow fight to help U.S.-born children of undocumented

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centreda ... 585343.htm

Posted on Fri, Sep. 22, 2006

Groups vow fight to help U.S.-born children of undocumented immigrants

BY CASEY WOODS
    cwoods@MiamiHerald.com

A coalition of immigrant advocates announced a plan today to fight for a vulnerable group that they say is losing out in the contentious immigration debate: the U.S.-born children of undocumented immigrants.

''This is a group of American citizens who don't have anyone to fight for them,'' said Alfonso Oviedo, president of American Fraternity, which was previously known as Nicaraguan Fraternity. ``[Their parents] now find themselves under constant threat of deportation . . . the ones who will suffer the most will not be the parents, it will be the children.''

Oviedo, flanked by representatives from Honduran Unity and the Peruvian-American Coalition, announced a class-action lawsuit the organizations are preparing on behalf of American children of undocumented immigrants. The lawsuit will argue that the children's constitutional rights have been violated because of the unremitting fear that they will be deported with their parents.

At least 10 children are already part of the lawsuit, and the advocacy groups are inviting other families to join it. They plan on filing the case in federal court on October 4.

''We aren't going to rest until we have a solution to this problem,'' said Sergio Massa, of the Peruvian-American Coalition. ``If we have to, we'll go all the way to the Supreme Court.''

The announcement comes amid renewed debate on immigration enforcement in Congress, where progress on comprehensive reform stalled earlier this year because of dueling bills passed by the Senate and the House of Representatives. The House measure focused mostly on border enforcement, while the Senate version included provisions that would grant legal status to millions of undocumented immigrants and create a guest-worker program.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This anchor baby situation has to be resolved once and for all. I don't think there are many slaves affected by this anymore do you? Why our Supreme Court hasn't addressed this by now is beyond comprehension.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is going to end up like the ACLU. They are going to have too many fires to fight and none of them are going to be effective.

Those people are just using their kids to anchor themselves in this country. Those kids can go to their parents homeland where they should have been born.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    This is going to end up like the ACLU. They are going to have too many fires to fight and none of them are going to be effective.

Those people are just using their kids to anchor themselves in this country. Those kids can go to their parents homeland where they should have been born.

Dixie
    ITA. The law is antiquated and should be repealed. Children born in the US to illegal aliens should automatically assume the citizenship of the birth mother. These children despite being born in the US are still citizens of Mexico and can indeed go home with their deported parents.

Using the 14th Amendment is indeed nothing more than a significant part of the LaRaza plan to justify giving amnesty to the millions of illegal Mexican women. As a mother, I cannot envision leaving my child behind.

To give birth for the sole purpose of providing you with an income and shielding yourself against deportation is just wrong on so many levels and IMHO makes you unfit to call yourself a mother.

Banned
    To give birth for the sole purpose of providing you with an income and shielding yourself against deportation is just wrong on so many levels and IMHO makes you unfit to call yourself a mother.
    I agree. This issue must be addressed once and for all. I saw an interview with Janet Murguia not long ago where she was acting insulted that anyone would charge that illegal aliens use their children to try to anchor themselves in this country! Right! [/quote]

``If we have to, we'll go all the way to the Supreme Court.''
    I think it is time that this went to the Supreme Court, lets get a decision on it once and for all. The sooner the better.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes I agree. I want to hear an expert interpret the 14th amendment. When I read it, it seems like it does NOT grant citizenship to illegal invader spawn. I think we should repeal all the anchor babies citizenships.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]