Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Gutierrez: Paul Ryan My 'Ally' in Quest for Amnesty

by Tony Lee 26 Oct 2013, 9:07 AM PDT
    breitbart.com

Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) said that Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI), who is reportedly working on legislation to provide a pathway to citizenship for all of the country's illegal immigrants, is an ally in his quest to legalize all of the country's illegal immigrants.

"So, when I sit down and talk to people, I clear the table, so I can see Paul Ryan not as budget chairman, not as somebody whose budget I have voted and will always vote against, but as a friend and an ally to free 11 million people," Gutierrez said on Democracy Now. "So, I create new friendships and new relationships in regards to comprehensive immigration reform, because, let’s face it, Democrats didn’t do it in 2007, 2008—we were in the majority. Democrats didn’t do it in 2009 and 2010—we were in the majority. Now we’ve got to do it."

Gutierrez, who has also indicated that Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-VA) was working on immigration legislation with the intention of going to conference with the Senate, said it was his job to "to figure out a way to take our minority of 201 Democrats and get to 218 votes." He said, "There’s only one way you can do that, and that’s working with Republicans."

The Senate has already passed comprehensive immigration reform legislation that provides a pathway to citizenship to all of the country's illegal immigrants, a bill the Congressional Budget Office determined would lower the wages of working class Americans while not solving the illegal immigration problem.

Gutierrez is a leading proponent of comprehensive immigration reform and is a part of a group of Representatives that were working on drafting a comprehensive immigration reform bill in the House. He was also recently arrested for civil disobedience as part of a rally in support of immigration reform during the government shutdown.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...alize-Illegals
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Gutierrez is a COMMUNIST!!!!! Rep. Paul Ryan is a TRAITOR!!!!!

Congressman Gutierrez Conducts Townhall in Spanish In Bakersfield

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVk1flpUicU

Are there ANY ALIPAC in the Southern Wisconsin area? Sure doesn't seem like it. NOBODY is opposing this Traitor Paul Ryan on this amnesty issue in in district?

Gutierrez and his open borders lobby must have something on Paul Ryan. Paul Ryan is a numbers guy and he has to know that legalizing millions of illegals is going to cost billions!

Banned
    Luis Gutierrez: Another Demonstration of Congressional Arrogance and Stupidity

Posted on October 30, 2013

I recently read an article from the Hill’s Blog Briefing Room regarding an interview Democrat congressman from Illinois, Rep. Luis Gutierrez, gave to Salon.com. I can’t help but comment on the article and particularly representative Gutierrez’s silly nonsense regarding illegal immigration.
    My comments are in italics.

President Obama “has the responsibility” to stop deportations of illegal immigrants if Congress proves unable to pass a comprehensive immigration bill, Rep. Louise Gutierrez (D-Ill.) argued in an interview published Friday.

First, I want to congratulate the blogger for at least calling the "immigrants" what they are … illegal. But I am wondering what authority Mr. Gutierrez thinks the president has to do such a thing. Constitutionally, he has only the authority to carry out the laws charged by Congress.

Gutierrez told Salon, “There are devastating effects if the Congress of the United States cannot enact comprehensive immigration reform – then the president of the United States has the responsibility to act to defend those immigrants, which he says he wants to provide safety and justice for.”
    We have been living with the same immigration system for years. Now all the sudden, the effects of "inaction" are devastating. And never fall for the whole "comprehensive" plea. In Washington, comprehensive just means, big, fat, bloated, thousands of pages to hide crap you want but don't want the public to know, omnibus, money wasting bill. And in no way does the president have any responsibility to act to defend criminals. That would be like me having a responsibility to defend someone who broke into my own house.

In 2012, the Obama administration announced it would stop deporting some illegal immigrants who entered the United States as children under certain circumstances. Gutierrez, who has helped lead the Democrat legislative effort in the house, said the president should “definitely look at” expanding that policy to all 11 million immigrants who have entered the country illegally, if efforts to reform the nation’s laws remain stymied in the Republican-controlled House.

I have heard Obama on more than one occasion lament the fact that he is not a king; that he can't just do what he wants. By the way, as demonstrated by his actions, he doesn't really believe that. But congressmen like Gutierrez seem to give no thought at all to granting Obama such power. It appears that he's never read the Constitution he swore to uphold. And he certainly has given no thought of the consequence of relinquishing the power of the legislature to the executive branch. Ignorant people like him are very dangerous.

“I think that those who call on the president of the United States to reevaluate his actions on the dreamers and expand it – I think that’s something the president of the United States should definitely look at, and begin to evaluate how he brings that about," Gutierrez said.

Dreamers? You mean criminal aliens. I'm a dreamer. What about me? I dream of not ever having to sign up for the nightmare that is Obamacare. I guess that would make me a "pipe dreamer.”

In an interview with Telemundo in September, the president said that advocates of immigration reform shouldn’t expect him to use prosecutorial discretion to address the issue if Congress is unable to agree to reform legislation.

Quite right. They and we should expect them to use dictatorial discretion. And as an aside: Don't you love how far we've come? There's Telemundo for the illegal alien set, Al Jazeera for the terrorists and their sympathizers, all the rest for the Marxists, and now Fox for the Karl Rove moderates. We are left with Blaze TV, talk radio and the ability to still access the Internet.

The president added, “So that’s not an option. And I do get a little worried, that, you know, advocates of immigration reform start losing heart and immediately thinking, well, yeah, somehow there’s an out here, if Congress doesn’t act, we’ll just have the president sign something, and that’ll take care of it, and we won’t have to worry about.”

Well Mr. Obama, why would they/we not think that? We've been conditioned to expect you to do what you wish and dare Congress to stop you. That is your mode of operation, is it not?

Okay, reality check time. We all know, one way or the other, Congress and the president will collude to pass yet another monstrous mystery bill. But let’s not fool ourselves. Legalizing 11 million (hah, more like 20 to start) criminals will not help the economy. Low skilled, low-wage workers, most who don’t speak English will not help the economy.

They do not pay taxes; they get refunds. They do not buy houses. They are forced to live in squalid inner-city public housing. They are an uneducated, non-English-speaking drain on society. I can’t blame them for coming here. I’m sure it’s better than the place they left. But we have enough unemployed and underemployed citizens in this country already trying to compete for the few low-wage positions that are still out there. Flooding the market millions more unemployed will hardly “help our economy.”

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/13074/l...gBkidvEvMXQ.99