Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Hazelton: Three more illegals sent packing ...

http://www.standardspeaker.com/index.ph ... 7&Itemid=2

Three more illegals sent packing ...
    Tuesday, 11 July 2006
    By KRISSY SCATTON
    Hazleton’s illegal immigrant population decreased a little more Monday afternoon when three were taken into custody by Immigration Customs Enforcement officials.

Rafael Garcia, 22, Juan Manuel Acosta, 19, and Fernando Escalona Hernandez, 19, are being held at a federal detention facility after Acosta and Hernandez were found guilty on charges of underage drinking and all three were found guilty of disorderly conduct by District Judge Joseph Zola Monday morning.

Garcia, Acosta and Hernandez were arrested at approximately 12:30 a.m. Monday after Hazleton police responded to a noise complaint at 596 McKinley St. The trouble may have ended there, but according to arresting officer Cpl. David Coffman, “They came right out and said they were illegal immigrants.”

That admission changed everything.

“We held an immediate trial because they admitted they were illegal aliens and had no permanent address in the city of Hazleton,” said Zola.
    Zola also acted quickly in getting the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) involved.

“Originally Detective Chris Orosco (of the Hazleton Police Department) contacted them, but they did not give him an affirmative answer,” Zola said. “ICE then called me, and I explained that on summary citations we could have an immediate trial, and that it was their obligation to pick them up. They said they didn’t know if they could do that because they only have 40 agents and a big coverage area.”

However, following phone interviews with Acosta, Garcia and Hernandez to confirm that they were illegal immigrants, ICE agreed to send officials to pick up the three men.

Besides the men’s admissions that they were in the country illegally, Zola pointed out that inconsistencies in the information given by Garcia, Acosta and Hernandez indicated that they were illegal immigrants.

Although Garcia had an identification card that identified him as a resident of Houston, Texas, he said during the trial that he had been living in Hazleton for about two years – first on Laurel Street and currently at 539 McKinley St. with Acosta.

Hernandez had a Wisconsin driver’s license, but during the trial gave his permanent address as 3959 S. Archer Ave., Chicago, Ill. He said he was in Hazleton to “check it out.”

Garcia and Acosta also incorrectly identified their place of employment, International Bedding Co. in Barnesville, as ABC Mattress Factory in Frackville.

After declaring the defendants guilty, Zola said, “The department of immigration has faxed a detainer to me under federal regulations. You will be detained at City Hall until federal agents arrive. At that point you will be picked up and detained federally.”

The three men accepted the news with little reaction. Only Hernandez, who was barefoot, had a comment. “I can’t go back to Mexico without shoes,” he said.

ICE officials arrived at City Hall from Philadelphia around 1 p.m.
    Although this is the first time ICE had come to pick up illegal immigrants who were arrested on summary citations, it is the second time they have been in Hazleton in a little over a week. On June 30, ICE and the Hazleton Police Department combined their efforts to conduct a saturation sweep in which several people were arrested.

Hazleton Mayor Louis Barletta said the efforts have been worthwhile.

“This further supports my concerns over what is happening in Hazleton,” he said Monday afternoon. “We got three more today and a few more last week. When people question me on how we’re going to do this, my answer is one by one if we have to.”

There was no word on if and when Garcia, Hernandez and Acosta will be sent back to their native country of Mexico.

“We do not want illegal immigrants in Hazleton,” Barletta said. “Mayor (Michael) Bloomberg said his city supports illegal immigrants. Well, here’s three more if he wants them.”
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

“We do not want illegal immigrants in Hazleton,” Barletta said. “Mayor (Michael) Bloomberg said his city supports illegal immigrants. Well, here’s three more if he wants them.”
    ROTFLMAO
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

2ndamendsis,

I thought that was a riot.

Followed only by
    Only Hernandez, who was barefoot, had a comment. “I can’t go back to Mexico without shoes,” he said.
    Just had one more whine and had to ask for one more thing. Can you say, 2nd hand shoes.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And this is how it is done. Everyone did their job and it was done swiftly.

Contact info for International Bedding

http://www.ibcgroup.com/contact.htm

dot

Hazelton

Send them to New York City and let the Mayor deal with them...he seems to love the illegals so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    2ndamendsis,

I thought that was a riot.

Followed only by
    Only Hernandez, who was barefoot, had a comment. “I can’t go back to Mexico without shoes,” he said.
    Just had one more whine and had to ask for one more thing. Can you say, 2nd hand shoes.

Dixie
    He would NOT BE BAREFOOT...everyone knows prisoners in local jails are given a pair of FLIP FLOPS.
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Yes, please send them to New York where their mayor needs them or his city will collapse. But please don't send them to California, we're already invaded to the max.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That was pretty funny. I just hope that the "Southern Poverty Law Center" keeps it's nose out of this, they are already making threats of expensive litigation.