Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

His very own demonstration ...Home Depot with sign protestin

His very own demonstration
    Local man spends Tuesday morning in front of Home Depot with sign protesting illegal immigrants

By Lauren Williamson
    Record Staff Writer
    Wednesday, May 3, 2006

HICKORY - Ned Richards spent the better part of Tuesday morning parked in a lawn chair, holding a piece of poster board in front of Home Depot on Eighth Street Drive, SE, in Hickory.

Richards, 48, wasn’t there for enjoyment. He was there to show his disgust with the state of immigration in the United States. His sign read: “U.S. will survive without you. Illegals go home. Deportation!”

“I want U.S. citizens to stand up and say something about illegal immigrants,” Richards said. “It’s got to stop. I hate it’s come to this, but deportation, right now, is the only answer I can think of to solve immigration problems.”

Richards said he works three jobs to support his wife and two teenage children. With rising gas prices, he wonders how he will continue to make ends meet.

He said he has several Hmong and Hispanic friends who came to America to start better lives - but they came here legally.

“If immigrants want to go through the proper channels to be legal, that’s fine,” Richards said. “These (illegal) people have walked into my home, America, and are making demands. They have no right to demand anything.”

Richards said he chose to sit in front of Home Depot because of its prime location at the U.S. 70-Lenoir-Rhyne Boulevard intersection.

Dozens of people honked their horns at him and gave him the thumbs up or thumbs down during his two-hour demonstration. One woman even stopped her car, rolled down the window and shouted, “Amen, brother.”

“I’ve never done anything like this before today,” Richards said. “But yesterday morning, I saw the protests on the news and I thought about it all day long. I woke up this morning and decided I would take to the streets myself. I’m one person, with one voice and that’s all I’ve got.”

WANT TO GO?

A protest opposing illegal immigration will take place from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday in front of City Hall, 76 N. Center St., Hickory.

Bring American Flags and wear Patriotic clothing, Signs will be handed out. This is a peaceful protest against amnesty for illegal aliens. We are Pro Legal immigrant and Anti Illegal Alien. Join together with like minded folks. Let your voices be heard and Take a Stand for America. Please come a few minutes before the rally so we can over the rules. Bring your flags and show your American Pride.

HICKORY CITY HALL
    75 NORTH CENTER STREET
    HICKORY, NC 28601

From I-40:

Take I-40 to Exit 125 (Lenoir Rhyne Blvd Exit) if you are I-40 East bound turn Left on Lenoir Rhyne Blvd, if you are I-40 West bound turn Right on Lenoir Rhyne Blvd. Follow to LR Blvd to Tate Blvd which will be your third stop light if you came from I-40 W, forth stop light if you came from I-40 E. Turn Left on Tate which becomes 1 st Ave SE. Turn Right at second stop light onto Center Street. Cross railroad tracks and Hickory City Hall will be the first building on your right. The Permit Center is located at the back of the building on the ground floor.

From Highway 70:

Take Hwy 70 to S Center St, there will be a McDonald’s at the corner. Follow S Center St till you cross over railroad tracks. Hickory City Hall will be the first building on your right. The Permit Center is located at the back of the building on the ground floor.

From Highway 321:

From Hwy 321 turn on 2 nd Ave NW between Ham’s and McDonald’s on the corner. Follow 2 nd Ave NW to N Center St and turn Right. Pass through one stop light and Hickory City Hall will be the large building on your left before crossing the railroad tracks. The Permit Center is located at the back of the building on the ground floor.

Hickory, NC in front of City Hall
    Map of downtown
    http://www.co.catawba.nc.us/tm_web/HKYmap.pdf

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Story by:

lwilliamson@hickoryrecord.com | 322-4510 x5408 or 304-6915
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Dang! We should do that at the Encinitas Home Depot and shame all those breast-enhanced Bimbos who hire illegals to push their carts around.

OkOk now I didnt know that a job was open to push a cart around for the Breast enhanced ladies at a Home Depot. If this gets out then there may be more then Illegals standing around to push carts. :P
    Your Rights END where MY Rights Begin. You have NO Rights if You Are ILLEGAL.

I spoke with this man on the phone and he is one super guy!
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"