Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

HOPE for TEXAS: Carole Strayhorn for Governor!

Texas Independent Gubernetorial Candidate Carole Keeton Strayhorn supports the Minutemen:

"I am adamantly opposed to illegal immigration. Just like neighborhood patrols against crime, our law enforcement officials and volunteers must work together to combat the illegal immigration on the border. Illegal immigration has become the crisis it is because Gov. Perry has totally ignored the problem for five years. I support law-abiding citizens working hand-in-hand with local and federal authorities to combat all crime including illegal immigration. While illegal immigration is currently a federal problem, it is affecting us locally. I welcome the minutemen volunteers and their efforts to address a problem this governor has promoted by allowing illegal immigrants to pay only in-state college tuition. In a Strayhorn administration, this is not going to be a problem because I will provide local and state authorities all the policies and resources they need to combat illegal immigration.".
    Borderland USA link:
    http://www.borderlandsusa.com/2006/02/c ... legal.html

Ms. Strayhorn's website:
    http://www.carolestrayhorn.com/speech.aspx

Looks like there may be hope for the future of Texas after all. :P

I went and took a look at her website.

I find it unsettling that her website does not include where she stands on other issues.

One of the reasons why Conservatives were conned into accepting Bush is because they did not read the fine print.

To not post the rest of how she would vote seems very odd...to me.

What is more....most of the people who truly are In favor of closing the Border, usually have a great amount of Social Positions on OTHER issues that they are not afraid to discuss and address and be on the record about.

So where is her record ???

Further, there is a great deal of "funny things" going on with the State Budget of Texas, and Certain highways that are being built all the way down to the Panama canal.

I am not going to officially discuss which nations could benefit from that, but there are all sorts of Cafta and NAFTA and other Side-Agreements that involve using the Budget of Texas for all sorts of issues...that the people in Texas would scream about...if they had any clue.

So the point is that someone like this Carole who served as "Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts" would know all about that.

Some of these people give us the appearance that they are really in favor of a certain position.

But if they truly were, that same position they claim to be in favor of...would compel them to take actions on other issues, that they seem strangely silent about.

That leaves me with a very uneasy sense of what is going on.

Let's be brutally honest: THe Only thing that matters is when you force Politicians to STOP and PAY Attention to You. Its time to think about ways to do that.

Her youngest son, Scott McClellan, is the former Press Secretary to the President of the United States.

In other words, she is the Mother of Scott, and that makes her a Bush Cronie. And Bush is all About Globalization, and AMNESTY FOR ILLEGALS, and Creating an Illegal Invasion.

Her eldest son, Dr. Mark McClellan... previously served as Commissioner of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

That means that He was the head of the FDA. It would ALSO mean that he would have a FRONT SEAT at the Panels where the USA has already agreed to Sign over control of the American Food Supply, through CODEX ALIMENTARIUS.

Now this family wants to "help" with the Illegal Invasion issue.

Please...get off my side !

I smell a lot of rats...on this one.

I just have to say it.

Bush hired a Texas PR Firm to run his Campaign.

THEN, THAT SAME PR FIRM was the one that was actually Coordinating and ORGANIZING the ILLEGALS and working with VINCENTE FOX.

I Just wonder, if Carole has not hired that same P.R. Firm.
    Let's be brutally honest: THe Only thing that matters is when you force Politicians to STOP and PAY Attention to You. Its time to think about ways to do that.

You've made some interesting observations that I can't really clarify as I just discovered her today. A couple of folks in my Kinky Friedman thread said they didn't know about any canditades who are on our side, so I went on a search and Carole Keeton was whom I came up with.

Illegal immigration seems to be her main platform at this time, but she does speak on a few other subjects in this recent television interview:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11012387/

She wants to reduce property taxes and improve the schools, which both sound pretty harmless to me but you're right in saying that she isn't exactly offering her views about everthing else.

As for her sons being Bush cronies, she makes it pretty clear in this interview that she has disassociated herself completely from the Republican Party as well as the Democratic one. It is a little scary, however, that she's raised such a family of professional politicians. Not exactly a common, grass-roots family that understands the hardships of the average American (or Texan)

But, where do you find any politicians that fit that description? As of now, I'm going to keep her as a favorite contender, soley by virtue of her stance on illegal immigration, just because I think it's an issue that outweighs every other issue by leaps and bounds. I plan to be watching her and listening for her upcoming statements about the other issues, so I'll just have to wait and see what the future brings regarding her other plans for Texas.

The main thing for me right now is that everyone she is running against so far seems to be perfectly comfortable with the idea of selling us out. It'll be a lot easier to think clearly for future elections if we're all still speaking English.

She's also against that highway....as am I...

I'm a one issue voter these days...anti illegals...

She'll get my vote.

MJ