Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Houston, TX - Some toy drives check immigration status

They don't claim to know who's been naughty or nice, but some Houston charities are asking whether children are in the country legally before giving them toys.

In a year when more families than ever have asked for help, several programs providing Christmas gifts for needy children require at least one member of the household to be a U.S. citizen. Others ask for proof of income or rely on churches and schools to suggest recipients.

The Salvation Army and a charity affiliated with the Houston Fire Department are among those that consider immigration status, asking for birth certificates or Social Security cards for the children.

The point isn't to punish the children but to ensure that their parents are either citizens, legal immigrants or working to become legal residents, said Lorugene Young, whose Outreach Program Inc. is one of three groups that distribute toys collected by firefighters.

“It's not our desire to turn anyone down,â€

In a year when more families than ever have asked for help, several programs providing Christmas gifts for needy children require at least one member of the household to be a U.S. citizen. Others ask for proof of income or rely on churches and schools to suggest recipients.
    Once again, another example of.......All ya need is an anchor baby. Anchor babies are the ticket!

We absolutely positively MUST get this changed.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Good! In Houston, they just pop across the border and get free gifts.

The idea of a charity turning away children because of decisions made by their parents unsettled some immigration activists.
    No one is stopping you from having a toy drive for illegal aliens. So jump your whining asses up, spend your money, ask for donations and give the toys away to nothing but illegal aliens.

Citizens should start restricting their donations to legal residents and citizens only, that will put a stop to charities who give stuff to illegal aliens. When the donations dry up, the aiding and abetting will too.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Good! In Houston, they just pop across the border and get free gifts.

The idea of a charity turning away children because of decisions made by their parents unsettled some immigration activists.
    No one is stopping you from having a toy drive for illegal aliens. So jump your whining asses up, spend your money, ask for donations and give the toys away to nothing but illegal aliens.

Citizens should start restricting their donations to legal residents and citizens only, that will put a stop to charities who give stuff to illegal aliens. When the donations dry up, the aiding and abetting will too.

Dixie
    Dixie, I totally agree with you. I think Americans should have every right to ask exactly who will benefit from your donation. Americans, or foreign nationals who have illegally snuck in and broken our laws?

But I have to tell you - Recently another ALIPACer made a post appealing for donations to a church-sponsored charity, because they'd had a fire that did some damage. Being that this IS a website about illegal immigration, a few of us asked about whether this charity would be giving donations to illegal aliens? The poster was shocked and dismayed that we would even ask this question. I was shocked that she was shocked. This was a church, no less, many of whom have been notoriously aiding and abetting illegal aliens for years now. This was another ALIPACer, and not a new recruit, so imagine the response from other charity workers. I don't care, and will always ask now before I donate. But unfortunately the attitude that it shouldn't matter is very deeply ingrained.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Charities don't like you to know this...

When you donate to a charity like a (501(c)3, you can put conditions on your contribution. For example, if you give money to a toy drive, and you can restrict your funds to the purchase of toys only. "The law requires charities to abide by a donor-imposed restriction on use." It's also known as a use restriction. So the next time you write a check for a charity, include the restriction that the funds only be used for citizens and legal residents. This can be written on the face of the check with the words restricted to the benefit of... Endorsement of the check is the acceptance of your conditions.

I will guarantee you that these charities have already been receiving such donations and that is why they are asking the questions now.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There are several charities in my town that raise funds and collect supplies at the beginning of each school year in order to give out backpacks filled with school supplies to needy children. A very nice thing to do but . . . my neighbors, the ones that don't speak English and have at least 10 people living in the house, including a couple that sleeps in their van, had a rummage sale and guess what they were selling. Yup, about a dozen of the free backpacks. They apparently went from one charity to the next collecting the freebies and then turned around and sold them. So, unfortunately, the only charity I'll be supporting this year is the local animal shelter.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Its a shame that charities have to card people now. Its also a shame that we have around 50 million illegal aliens who feel they have some kind of right to get free things from us. I am sick of it.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have stopped donating to general charities. I have seen the local food closet virtually cleaned out by illegal aliens. The local thrift stores are overrun with illegal aliens.

Until I can be absolutey certain that my donations go to Americans, I won't donate a single item or cent. Harsh? I think not. I simply prefer AMERICANS as recipients of my charity.

I donate to just TWO organizations these days: ALIPAC and NumbersUSA

Now that's a shocker!

builditnow wrote:

Once again, another example of.......All ya need is an anchor baby. Anchor babies are the ticket!

We absolutely positively MUST get this changed.

Ditto! Once again the anchor baby is the ticket to freebies!

Until health departments start refusing to give prenatal care to illegal aliens, the number of anchor babies is going to continue to explode. These people should be identified and deported before they can ever give birth here. It must be a priority to end birthright citizenship.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast