http://911fsa.org/action/hr_4437_Border ... orism.html

H. R.4437 Border Protection Anti-Terrorism and Illegal Immigration Control Act
Members and Friends of 9/11 FSA:

Send the following letter to your Senator

Dear Senator, Your Senator’s name. The House of Representatives has recently passed H. R.4437 Border Protection Anti-Terrorism and Illegal Immigration Control Act. In the coming months the Senate will be expected to pass similar legislation. While the House bill is not perfect legislation, one of the main ingredients that makes that legislation, effective is that it does not contain an amnesty or guest worker provision.

It is of paramount importance that the Senate likewise, not attach any amendment that would include an amnesty or guest worker program. There are so many reasons why any amnesty or guest worker amendment would be detrimental to our nation I will only speak to one. My main reason for opposing any amnesty or guest worker amendment is one of national security. Our government lacks the resources to safely conduct an amnesty for the millions of illegal aliens, who would be eligible for such consideration. In 1986, Congress passed the immigration Reform and control act amnesty. That amnesty, because of the lack of proper funding for the agency responsible for checking the legitimacy of the applicants enabled a Middle Eastern Terrorist Mahmud Abouhalima, who was working as a New York City cabdriver to be legalized as a seasonal agricultural worker. This allowed him to travel abroad, including several trips to Afghanistan where he received terrorist training. He was a leader in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing. Having illegal aliens or terrorists in your country is bad, having one with legal status, even as a temporary worker, is far worse, since he can work and travel freely, as Abouhalima did, going to Afghanistan to receive terrorist training, only after he got amnesty. Senator I can give you many more examples of why an amnesty or guest worker program would impact negatively on national security.

I will also like for you to include in any legislation put forth by the Senate, a provision that would eliminate the visa waiver program now in operation until the government, finalizes the procedures of tracking the arrival and departure of people from Visa Waiver countries. At the present time, anyone with a passport from the visa waiver countries leaves the port of entry there is no way of our knowing if they returned to their home country or took up residence in the United States. Also in the process of obtaining a visa many people who are threats to our security have been denied entry proving that the visa process can aid in our security.

I hope that if this one example is not sufficient for you to support my position against an amnesty or guest worker program, you would contact me for more evidence.

Please feel free to contact me regarding this letter at any time.

Thank you.

If you do send this letter please email us to let us know, so we can get an idea of how many letters are sent.

9/11 Families for a Secure America