Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Some questions arise. It was posted on this, or another website, that Costa Rica did not "ratify" CAFTA due to an election or whatever it was. So, is CAFTA still enforceable upon the remaining countries that did "sign," the treaty or law or whatever the hell it is?
    Costa Rica didn't sign. But Honduras did. All the fruit of the loom items in wal mart come from Honduras these days, did you notice. I have written scathing letters to fruit of the loom thanking them for taking once quality workmanship out of the country and giving our jobs to a third rate factory in Honduras.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

UNDERWARE CRISIS!
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    All the fruit of the loom items in wal mart come from Honduras these days, did you notice.
    Well, I don't do WalMart at all. Wait a sec, lemme drop my drawers and see where this underware was made..... Arrggh! Made in Bangaladesh!!! At least it's not made in India or Communist China!

Well, sheesh! Got a major underware problem going here. Guess I better look for some real old stuff that still has Made in USA.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

My K-Mart still has underwear made in USA. Not sure if it is so old the threads are going to rot or if it is new, but that is where I'm buying mine as long as there is any to buy until I get out of here.

I do a lot of needlework. There are very few yarns left made in USA and I notice that the number of colors available is dwindling in the kind I like, which tells me that they are selling off whatever stock is left and then THAT won't be avialable, either.

Do you notice that the imported clothes have a peculiar smell to them? I don't know if they aren't as bad as they used to be or if there are so many I just don't notice the smell anymore but, for awhile, if you walked into a dollar store or Wal mart, where they sell clothes, the smell would knock you down.

By the way, I don't shop at Wal Mart, either. But I have to admit that my husband does because they are the only ones we can find who sell the filters for his fish tanks and he likes the convenience of getting all he wants in one place as long as he knows it annoys me for him to shop there! (I order his filters on line if I'm aware he's running out to "save him the trip.") I walk through with him once in awhile just so I'll know what I'm complaining about and be sure I'm not telling lies whenI bad mouth them. I stopped shopping there when they wouldn't hire me for a part time job several years ago because I don't speak Spanish yet they hire all sorts of people who don't (or at least claim to me that they don't) speak English--for real!

It's a whole other world down here on the border where discrimination against Americans is blatant and obvious. Even the Americans who are of Mexican descent and don't speak Spanish are openly discriminated against so it isn't just blonde-haired, blue-eyed people--it's Americans.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Do you notice that the imported clothes have a peculiar smell to them?
    Uh, no. Washed em w/ bleach added. They were probably mfg w/ child labor.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

The clothes I'm talking about can't be bleached, number one. And the smell doesn't wash out. I think that stowaways made nests in them like rats on the cargo ships that brought them.

The clothes I'm talking about can't be bleached, number one. And the smell doesn't wash out. I think that stowaways made nests in them like rats on the cargo ships that brought them.
    Ouch! Why didn't you tell me sooner!
    I think a rat just bit me in the ass!!! An "undocumented" rodent!

ROFLMAO! Coto! There are probably some undocumented rodents in the nests, too.

Not so long ago, there was a roundup among the Chinese restaurants in this area. There were illegal aliens in the roundup and at least one restauranteer is a slave labor trader. Those people didn't just drop out of the sky. They got here as stowaways on ships. it only stands to reason that if people live in a bale of clothing for a few weeks the clothes are going to stink permanently. They have to relieve themselves somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by WavTek
    I live in Buncombe County, and this plant closing is just another in a long stream of plant closings in this area. The textile plants have been hit hard, but all manufacturing plants in general are suffering here. Our U.S. Representative for this District is Charles Taylor (R). He promised to vote against CAFTA, but when the vote came up, his vote was recorded as a non-vote. He swore up and down that he voted NO, but that a glitch in the system, caused his vote not to be recorded. There was a lot of arm twisting going on by the Bush administration, with a lot of backroom deals, right before the vote. Taylor usually wins re-election easily, but the CAFTA fiasco may have cost him the next election. A lot of conservatives are very upset with him. Another NC Representative, Robyn Hayes said he would vote against CAFTA, but caved in to the pressure and actually changed his vote from a NO to a YES. CAFTA passed by two votes, a tie vote would have defeated CAFTA. We were betrayed by our Representatives.

REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Charles Taylor hasn’t filed his papers to run for re-election. He has a few more days. Perhaps he is calling it quits. When his press secretary told me about the no vote thing, I asked for him to try and initiate a congressional investigation on their voting system to ensure that the integrity of the vote is not lost due to system malfunctions. Gee his office never replied.

Flip Flopin Robin Hayes and Sellout Sue Myrick both voted for it and are both running for reelection.

http://www.app.sboe.state.nc.us/index.html
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

It's awful...what CAFTA is going to do to what manufacturing we have left in the USA. It's not just textiles. They are all going to run down there. It's close, it's third world, the environment has been all staged and set up for them...and WE will lose millions of jobs to CAFTA just like we did to NAFTA.

You can see from the economic picture, we can't withstand this additional loss of our US Manufacturing.

CAFTA and all the other FTA's have to be repealed and the sooner the better. Alot won't go, won't leave without the trade agreements...or should I say, "TREASON TREATIES".

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"TREASON TREATIES"
    That sound about right to me.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12