Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Huntington Park Councilman To Appoint 2 Undocumented Immigrants As Commissioners

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Huntington Park Councilman To Appoint 2 Undocumented Immigrants As Commissioners

Huntington Park Councilman To Appoint 2 Undocumented Immigrants As Commissioners

August 3, 2015 1:36 PM

Share on email 54
    View Comments
    (credit: Jhonny Pineda)

Related Tags:

City Commissioner, Councilman Jhonny Pineda, Debbie Meron, Deborah Meron, Francisco Medina, Huntington Park, Immigration, Julian Zatarain, Los Angeles County, politics, Undocumented Immigrant

HUNTINGTON PARK (CBSLA.com) — Huntington Park may become the first city in California to appoint two undocumented immigrants as commissioners on city advisory boards, a lawmaker confirms.
    City Councilman Jhonny Pineda has picked Francisco Medina to join the health and education commission and Julian Zatarain for the parks and recreation commission.
    The 32-year-old lawmaker told CBSLA online producer Deborah Meron that he promised voters while running for office that he would create more opportunities for undocumented residents.
    “Huntington Park is a city of opportunity and a city of hope for all individuals regardless of socioeconomic status, race, creed, or in this case, citizenship,” the councilman said in a statement. “Both these gentlemen have accomplished a great deal for the city. For that, on behalf of the city council, mayor, and our city, I want to say thank you to them both and I am confident they will do an excellent job on their commission posts.”
    Pineda says he cleared the appointments with the city attorney, who confirmed there’s nothing that requires a commissioner to be a registered voter, a documented citizen or even a resident, which technically means someone here without legal residency can serve.
    Appointees first pass a LifeScan background check.
    Medina and Zatarain would not be paid for the volunteer positions and would not have a direct hand in constructing policy but would help advise the council on legislation. Other commissioners receive a $75 monthly stipend on months when they hold meetings.
    Coming the same year that California allowed residents to apply for a driver’s license, regardless of immigration status, this move is the latest in an effort to recognize an increasingly sizable demographic in the state.
    Pineda says at 13 years old he emigrated alone to the United States. He established legal residency and told Meron he feels blessed to have been able to come here and work. He’s served as a district representative on the California State Senate and legislative assistant for the U.S. House of Representatives. He currently is president of the California Latino Leadership Institute, an organization designed for young professionals interested in leadership development and serving their community.
    This is Pineda’s first year on the Huntington Park City Council.
    The councilman touched on his childhood in Central America and says there would be nights he’d come home to a house with no food.
    He says the criticism of people who emigrate illegally often comes without understanding the hardship they leave behind.
    When asked whether he expected any reaction to his commissioner selections, Pineda said: “Having worked at the federal level, I understand that not everything that you do reflects good on the entire nation. Of course, we’re going to have people who disagree with me, but I’m fine with that.”
    Pineda says he selected Medina and Zatarain primarily for their contributions to the city.
    A graduate from Cal State Dominguez Hills with a bachelor’s degree in sociology and Chicano studies, Medina interned for then-Assemblyman Gil Cedillo, who now serves on the Los Angeles City Council, Pineda says. Medina also organizes immigration forums aimed a helping working-class communities.
    Zatarain is a student at Santa Monica Community College who came to the U.S. in 2007, according to Pineda. At Huntington Park High School, he served as ASB president and graduated with the highest GPA in his class. He acted as campus representative for English as a Second Language program and created a club to help ESL students prepare for college. Pineda says he created a local chapter of the Red Cross and organized several blood drives. Zatarain wants to attend law school.
    Pineda says the decision will be announced at the City Council meeting scheduled for 6 p.m. Monday and will become official after being processed by the council.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/...commissioners/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yup, just according to schedule.....

"Coming the same year that California allowed residents to apply for a driver’s license, regardless of immigration status,"

And I have repeatedly asked the two big legal groups against illegal immigration to see if this is contrary to our international treaties. Of course they do nothing......
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Where Do Huntington Park City Council Members Live?

My investigations against the Huntington Park, CA City Council are ongoing.

Since August 17th, when I attended the first city council meeting in that municipality after their misguided, wicked decision to appoint two illegal aliens, Francisco Medina and Julian Zatarain.

I asked the city clerk for information about the legal residence of two of the city councilmembers, for I heard numerous stories from city residents that they did not live in the city, or that they had run for office while living in another city.

They referenced a statue in the Public Records Act which forbade them from sharing the information.

There is so much going wrong in Huntington Park, that keeping up with the folly and corruption is just beyond me.

I had requested the information on two city councilmembers, in that they were not actually living in Huntington Park.

This criminality has emerged in Carson, CA, too, where the current mayor is under investigation for not living in the city. Councilmember Nanette Barragan also stepped down, and allegations suggest that she stepped down because she actually did not live in Hermosa Beach at all.

What do some of these politicians really think that they can get away with?

Now, as for the current city councilmembers in Huntington Park. . .

Aside from Valentin Amezquita, who voted against appointing two illegal aliens to city commissions, the other councilmembers are facing intense pressure, and it is getting worse.

Mayor Karina Macias finally felt the heat, and before the council withdrew into closed session, she announced her legal address. Long-time HP resident Betty Retama also provided me their legal addresses, too.

How was she able to get this information, and not me?

At any rate, here is the information on the four HP city councilmembers who voted to appoint two illegal aliens to city commissions:

Jhonny Pineda (he sought the appointment of the two illegal aliens)

Jhonny Pineda
    4326 E. 60th Street
    Huntington Park, CA 90255
    Phone Number: (323) 356-8967
    Email: jpineda@hpca.gov

Graciela Ortiz
    6928 Mountain View Ave.
    Email: gortiz@hpca.gov
    Phone Number: (323) 356-8852
    Karina Macias:
    2411 E. Gage Ave, Apt. 10
    Email: kmacias@hpca.gov
    Phone Number: (323) 482-6640

Marilyn Sanabria:
    3425 Live Oak Street
    Email: msanabria@hpca.gov
    Phone: (323) 356-9498

I invite every person who reads this post to call these city councilmembers and demand that they rescind the illegal appointments of illegal aliens. Send them mail! Let them know that the world is watching them and wants them out of office for good
    http://aschaper1.blogspot.com/2015/0...y-council.html

This is just wrong.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

So What's Up With The Huntington Park Illegal Immigrant Commissioner?

BY MONICA SHOWALTER
    06:32 PM ET

Back in August, the city of Huntington Park appointed two illegal immigrants, Julian Zatarain and Francisco Medina, to city commissions, despite protests from citizens. The media reported that but have since been silent to their terms of office and how that's gone.

That is, except for one guy, blogger and Townhall columnist Arthur Schaper, who made a Youtube clip of his December encounter with one of the illegal immigrants now seated in the leadership of that city's government. IBD wrote about the problematic appointments here, noting that it's very strange for two men with no apparent political experience to be gaining spots on city commissions. It's even stranger that they could not make themselves legal through the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), given their young ages (21 and 24) as well as their supposedly long residencies in the U.S. Approval rates have been in the high-90% range for most.

Which is why the persistent blogger Schaper took it upon himself, outside any press attention, to record and film just that question to Zatarain at a city meeting. Again and again, he asked Zatarain why he didn't get legal residency and follow the law as other immigrants do.

Zatarain, a native of Sinaloa, Mexico, didn't have much of an answer for him other than the process was complicated and the laws were changing. He didn't seem a bit worried about not following the law or running a city where he didn't hold its citizenship.

Though he didn't get far, Schaper did reveal some interesting information.

1. Zatarain is slick and political, with clear ambitions beyond Huntington Park.
    2. Zatarain, for what he claims is a volunteer job, is getting quite a sum of money from somewhere, based on his expensive mode of dress.
    3. Zatarain has the power to shut out citizens asking uncomfortable questions, with no accountability.
    4. Zatarain's engagement in political campaigns is illegal for a citizen of another country, something for which he has no explanation.
    No word on how he missed DACA or what the background check on his fitness for office in Sacramento found. Perhaps that will be Schaper's next project.

It's worth watching the YouTube video, if for nothing else than to see the arrogance of political power of those whose loyalty is to political machines, not the U.S. Constitution or rule of law.

http://news.investors.com/blogs-capi...mmissioner.htm
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's an outrageous disgusting conspiracy to hand over political control of our country to foreigners who aren't even suppose to be in our country let alone in charge of it.

It's total puke.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

MW
    Amnesty supporters would have us believe all illegals are hiding in the shadows. Well, I guess this is just another one of many cases that disapprove that myth. Under the Obama administration illegals are throwing out their chest and saying here I am, come get me if you dare.

ICE, do your damn job and go pick these two up for deportation. It's not like you don't know where they are!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn