Well that must have caught your attention. However I am still the just as much the same gung ho supporter of House #4437 the Immigration Bill as ever. I am not of Mexican descent but my mothers family was from another impoverished country. Some of our family migrated to Mexico for a better life in the 1920s and did well.I have a family member who was a Mexican consul here but his brother a legal immigrant also supports the House Immigration Bill.

However I have also been doing projects with civil servants of the Mexican government and NGOs at the same time. It is trying to do some coordination with the Mexican government and NGOs in getting Mexican immigrants and Mexican Americans to support food self sufficiency and job creation in the imigrants and illegal aliens Mexican home communities.

Far too much effort has gone into trying to get amnesty and family reunification for Mexican here in the US. Without regard to an immigrant's legal status or if someone has already been naturalized and born here they should be setting priorities differently.

Immigrants from both sides of the issue have simlar pressures from their family and friends south of the border. The most strident of the Chicano amnesty supporters and Minutemen are acting differently to the same demands from family and friends "Help me with my bills as you make more than I do or bring me where I can get an American job." One says "Oye Americanos, open the border" the other says "Primo Cousin, shut the ____ up enough help already". Neither side is doing as much of the right thing as they should.

Concern for family and friends is a commendable thing for a person but it is irresponsible to put the cost for the efforts on the backs of strangers. When no other country is as open do not attempt to offload your own responsibility with American public benefits.

Remittances from the United States to Mexico exist and draw complaints from critics. What is more important is how they are spent. Are they discouraging instead of improving home food production? Are they building houses before barns, factory shells and warehouses. If so they are increasing dependency
and exacerbating the problem.

There is a need for those with ties to Mexico including Lupe Moreno and Rosanna Pulido not just Nativo Lopez or Enrique Morones to become more commited. Do not send hand outs or expect more from Americans than Mexicans give to their neighbors. Do not get bitter either. Invest small amounts in the more constructive ways which reduce the need to come here.