Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

'I will not rest until they're dead': Mom's vow after cop son killed

'I will not rest until these worthless pieces of s**t are dead': Anguished vow of mother who watched two illegal immigrants - who had been deported SIX times before - gun down her off-duty Border Patrol son

• Marie Vega watched as her son, Javier Jr., was gunned down in front of family on fishing trip in La Feria, Texas
    • Two suspects are Mexican nationals who have been deported six times between them but came back over border
    • One is linked to spate of robberies involving notorious cartel
    • Marie, in emotional Facebook post, said: 'I wish a million times I had died and not you'
    • Police said mother picked up AR-15 and shot at suspects at they fled in car during fierce gunfight that erupted
    • Javier's father was shot in hip in the attack but will be able to attend his son's funeral today

By WILL PAYNE FOR MAILONLINE IN LA FERIA, TEXAS
    PUBLISHED: 10:12 EST,
    7 August 2014

A mother who watched her cop son gunned down in front of her, his wife and his children allegedly at the hands of two illegal immigrants has vowed not to rest until his 'worthless piece of s**t' killers are dead.'

Heartbroken Marie Vega was on a family fishing trip with her husband Javier, son Javier Jr., his wife Paola and their three children when they were ambushed by two armed Mexican illegal immigrants who have been deported SIX times before in total.

Javier Jr and his father bravely tried to fight them off, but the off-duty Border Patrol Agent was fatally shot in the chest and Javier Sr was blasted in the hip.

+10

Revenge: Marie Vega took to Facebook to promise that she will avenge her son's death. In an emotional Facebook post she said that she wished she could have died instead of him

Pall bearers carry a casket containing the remains of Javier, 36, out of St. Francis Xavier Church in La Feria, Texas on Thursday

Beloved: Family and friend mourn Javier at the service after the brutal shooting

Mexican nationals Gustavo Tijernia, 30 and Ismael Hernandez, 40 fled the scene and were arrested hours later after a huge man hunt.

The ruthless killing has again highlighted the border crisis plaguing the Obama administration which is struggling to contain a huge wave of illegal immigration across the border with Mexico which has stretched authorities to breaking point this year.

On Tuesday devastated Marie posted an emotionally charged message on her Facebook page alongside a picture of her beloved son.

Marie, who works as a photographer, wrote: 'My sweet sweet baby. I failed you oh sweet child of mine. I was supposed to protect you and keep you safe. I failed to save your life. I wish a million times I had died and not you. You are my life, my heart was ripped out when I lost you. I will not rest until these worthless pieces of s*** are dead.'

Hundreds of law enforcement officers turned out for Javier Vega's mass, held at St. Francis Xavier Church in La Feria on Thursday. The car lot was packed with State Trooper Vehicles, local police cars and SUV's from Javier's colleagues in The Border Patrol.

His devastated family, including his injured father, Javier Snr arrived in a white limousine, behind a hearse.

As his coffin was carried out at the end of the ceremony, officers held up the flags of The Border Patrol, The US Marine Corp and The Stars and Stripes.

Javier was a Border Patrol veteran of six years and had previously served in the U.S. Marine Corp, like his brother Jordy.

On Sunday he travelled to his favorite fishing hole around 20 minutes north of La Feria with his mother, father, wife and three boys Javier Vega III, Jiovanni, and Jarod.

Tijernia and Hernandez pulled up to the secluded spot in a car and tried to rob them at gun point.

When Javier bravely reached for his weapon, they shot him in the chest. TheBlaze reported that his last words were 'keep shooting, dad'. It is believed Javier Sr then grabbed the gun and shot at the robbers, but was blasted in the hip. He has now been released from hospital.

Willacy County Sheriff Larry Spence told TheBlaze that Marie even picked up an AR-15 rifle and shot at the suspects' vehicle as the suspects fled.

They eventually crashed their car and took refuge in a neighbor's house. The home owner alerted Border Patrol officers to their location and scores of agents moved in to arrest them.

They were arraigned on Tuesday and charged with capital murder, attempted capital murder, four counts of aggravated robbery and tampering with evidence.

Gunfight: Javier Vega Jr. (left) was killed and his father Javier R. Vega (center) wounded when the robbers ambushed them on a family fishing trip last Sunday. (Pictured right is brother Jordy)

+10

Ismael Hernandez,top, and Gustavo Tijerina, had both been arrested and deported numerous times but came back across the border with seeming impunity. Tijerna could also face charges in connection with a string of attacks linked to the infamous Gulf Cartel

Brave: Police said Marie (pictured with husband Javier R.) even shot at the fleeing robbers with an AR-15 that she picked up in the chaos

Fox News has reported Tijernia - who is the alleged gunman - could also face charges in connection with a string of similar attacks in Cameron County over the last six weeks, believed to be linked to the infamous Gulf Cartel.

The ruthless crime syndicate is one of the oldest, most established in Mexico and is based out of the suspects' home town of Matamoros, directly across the border from Brownsville, Texas.

Its primary business is drug smuggling, but it also operates through protection rackets, assassinations, extortions and kidnappings. It is believed it has recently branched out into robbing U.S. citizens, before smuggling their belongings back across the border.

Fox News claims sources have informed them Tijernia is expected to be charged with four counts of aggravated robbery and one conspiracy organized crime charge.

They state one of Tijernia's earlier victims was another off-duty Border Patrol agent who was also out fishing when he was robbed.

The crew would fire warning shots at fishermen, before ordering them to hand over jewelry, cash and keys to their cars, Fox News states.

On Tuesday the station also reported both Tijernia, 30 and Hernandez, 40 had been arrested and deported numerous times.
    According to court records, Tijerina, who also goes by the name Tijerina-Sandoval, pleaded guilty to entering the U.S. illegally on July 9, 2007. He was given a 30-day sentence with credit for time served and charged a $10 fee.

Three months later, on Oct. 4, he was again found guilty of entering the country illegally and was sentenced to 60 days in jail and $10 fee. In a criminal complaint, he said he entered the U.S.on Sept. 1 and was confronted by border patrol agents near Weslaco, Texas, on Oct. 3. He had waded across the Rio Grande River near Progreso, Mexico, court records show.

Distinction: Javier, right, and his brother Jordy, left, both served in the Marines before Javier Jr. became a Border Patrol Agent

A year later, on Oct. 25, 2008, he again entered the U.S by crossing the river. On Nov. 18, 2008, he was given 90 days in jail and another $10 special assessment fee.

On Dec. 15, 2009, Tijerina was indicted by a grand jury on charges of entering the U.S. illegally yet again.

The indictment says he 'had previously been denied admission, excluded, deported and removed, knowing and unlawfully was present in the United States having been found near Edinburg, Texas.'

Court records say he had not obtained permission from the U.S. attorney general and the secretary of homeland security to reapply for admission into the U.S.

A warrant was issued for his arrest stating he faced up to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.

He was held without bond on Jan. 26, 2010 and was given nine months in jail and fined $100.

Sources confirmed to Fox News that these cases involved the same Tijerina who is accused of slaying of Javier Vega.
    The sources also said Hernandez, the second suspect, has been deported twice for entering the U.S. illegally.

These shocking revelations come at a time when the government is under intense scrutiny over its immigration policy and control of the U.S. border with Mexico.

President Obama faces a growing humanitarian crisis as more than 57,000 children have arrived unaccompanied at the border. Lawmakers have expressed concern that gang members and criminals have slipped in as authorities struggle to deal with the flood.

Obama has called on Congress to quickly approve his request for $3.7 billion in emergency funding to deal with the crisis amid calls from some Republicans to deploy the National Guard at the border.Obama brands House immigration bill 'extreme'

Javier Vega's murder has sent shockwaves through the local community.

Yesterday Border Patrol's Chief Patrol Agent Kevin Oaks said: 'Words cannot express our sorrow for the loss of our brother, when we lose one of our own, it feels as if we've lost a beloved member of our own family.

'I wish to express to his family and friends my deepest condolences. May the peace that comes from the memories of the time you shared together, comfort you now and in the difficult days ahead.'

'The Kingsville Station is at a loss,'said Kingsville Station Acting Patrol Agent in Charge Arnold Perez.

Widow: Javier Jr. is survived by his wife Paola Vega and their three sons. The National Border Patrol Council has set up a memorial fund for them

'Not only did Javier strive to be the best agent and K-9 handler, but he also made it a point to develop and truly care about his friendships.'

The National Border Patrol Council has set up a memorial fund for Javier's widow and his three children.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz39jj0Mstg
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

As tears fill my eyes, I have to recognize that it is a story that did not need to happen! Voters could have stopped this by calling for secure borders instead of allowing amnesty decades ago! As loud as I've screamed, I did not scream loud enough. Officer Vega's blood is on my hands, and politicians everywhere in the USA!!

May the Vega family receive the justice from the system deserved, and peace be with them!