Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 'I would do it again,' McCain writes about release of Steele dossier to FBI

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

'I would do it again,' McCain writes about release of Steele dossier to FBI

'I would do it again,' McCain writes about release of Steele dossier to FBI

By Dom Calicchio | Fox News
    35 mins ago

U.S. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., apparently has no regrets about his role in the release of the so-called Steele dossier, which is said to contain salacious allegations about then-candidate Donald Trump.

In excerpts of his forthcoming book, “The Restless Wave: Good Times, Just Causes, Great Fights, and Other Appreciations,” the 81-year-old senator – who is recuperating at home following recent cancer treatment and surgery – acknowledges that he delivered the information to then-FBI Director James Comey.

“(A)nd I would do it again,” McCain writes, according to excerpts published by the Guardian.

“Anyone who doesn’t like it can go to hell,” McCain adds, saying he did “what duty demanded I do.”

The “disturbing” nature of the allegations against Trump prompted his action, McCain writes.

“I had no idea which if any were true,” the senator writes. “I could not independently verify any of it, and so I did what any American who cares about our nation’s security should have done.”

“I could not independently verify any of it, and so I did what any American who cares about our nation’s security should have done.”
    - U.S. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., writing in "The Restless Wave"

In December, Fox News reported that former British spy Christopher Steele instructed Sir Andrew Wood – a former British ambassador to Russia – to approach McCain about the existence of the dossier while Wood and McCain were both attending a security conference in Canada.

McCain later received hard copies of the dossier from Fusion GPS, and relayed a copy to the FBI, Fox News reported.
    Republican weighs in on Trump's scuffle with CIA director, Tillerson nomination

Also in the excerpts that appear in the Guardian:

McCain claims Republicans are on the “wrong side” of the immigration debate, arguing that it has been driven by “zealots” who fail to understand immigration’s key role in “America exceptionalism.”

The anti-immigration zealots “need to be confronted before their noxious views spread further and damage for generations the reputation of the Republican Party,” McCain writes, according to the Guardian.

McCain also expresses regret for choosing Sarah Palin as his running mate in 2008, instead of his friend, former U.S. Sen. Joseph Lieberman, D-Conn.

"The Restless Wave" is set to be published May 22.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...er-to-fbi.html
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

McCain claims Republicans are on the “wrong side” of the immigration debate, arguing that it has been driven by “zealots” who fail to understand immigration’s key role in “America exceptionalism.”

The anti-immigration zealots “need to be confronted before their noxious views spread further and damage for generations the reputation of the Republican Party,” McCain writes, according to the Guardian.
    That's right, McCain, dig in, make sure no one mistakes you for a patriot. You may be a fun guy to tell jokes and drink beers with, and you may have been a hero during the Vietnam War, but when it comes to the best interest of our country, you've actually been on the wrong side of that cause for a long time. Immigration doesn't make us unique or "exceptional", it makes us bankrupt. So much for your brand of "maverick" math.

And you're such an idiot to think you delivered the "dossier" to the FBI. The FBI delivered the "dossier" to you, Sucker!!!
    Last edited by Judy; 05-10-2018 at 12:59 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What a disgusting person he has turned out to be. Obama did a lot of damage to this country. I now have no doubt McCain would have been 10 times worse being so deep in the swamp if he had won.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL