Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ICE: 38,000 Arrested After Re-Entering U.S. Illegally

ICE: 38,000 Arrested After Re-Entering U.S. Illegally

June 11, 2008

ICE agents reported over the last eight months, they have arrested more than 38,000 illegal immigrants for re-entering the U.S., after they were deported back to their home countries.

That is more than double the number of such cases in all of last year.

Immigration investigators said a key reason for the dramatic increase is because of "Operation Repeat Offender, " which targets criminal aliens and immigration fugitives for further prosecution.

www.kfoxtv.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

so Texas deport 200 or so....and they all came back with family and friends....and they brought bathtub cheese and tainted tomatoes
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

This just tells me that the laws are not stiff enough the first time they are caught being in this country illegally. Make it a felony with jail time and it just may stem the flow.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would tend to agree with tinybobidaho, but even if it became a felony to live in the U.S. illegally, we'll still have to pay for their incarceration and depend on ICE to actually enforce the law. The key to it all is coming up with a compelling reason not to break the law, that ALSO won't cost taxpayers money in the process.

Aside from that, is anyone surprised that arrests have gone up in an election year? Does it, perhaps, make you wonder why they weren't doing it all along?

Might be 3800 not 38000

I found this link when looking for more information. I do wish it was more.

Quote from article;"Among the accomplishments Myers touted was the prosecution of 3,831 illegal immigrants for felony re-entry after deportation from October through May, compared to 1,808 such prosecutions during the 2007 fiscal year."

http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdated/ci_9554734
    Big Business wants cheap labor,
    Politicians want more votes.
    Americans just want a job that pays a living wage.
    Uncle Samchez

Re: Might be 3800 not 38000

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSamchez
    I found this link when looking for more information. I do wish it was more.

Quote from article;"Among the accomplishments Myers touted was the prosecution of 3,831 illegal immigrants for felony re-entry after deportation from October through May, compared to 1,808 such prosecutions during the 2007 fiscal year."

http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdated/ci_9554734
    Welcome unclesamchez. Glad to have you at Alipac.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)