Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ILLEGAL ALIEN MALES MUST REGISTER FOR THE DRAFT

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Military Draft: U.S. and Minnesota Law
    File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
    Who must register for the draft? Almost all male U.S. citizens and male aliens living in the ... illegal aliens, legal permanent residents, and refugees. ...
    www.house.leg.state.mn.us/hrd/pubs/mildraft.pdf - Similar pages
    Last edited by JohnDoe2; 02-01-2016 at 06:36 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Student's Guide to Financial Aid | Selective Service Registration

Male non-citizens (including illegal aliens, legal permanent residents, ... Conscientious objectors are required to register. If a draft is instituted, they will have an ... But they must nevertheless register with Selective Service. ...
    www.finaid.org/students/selectiveservice.phtml - 26k - Cached - Similar pages
    Last edited by JohnDoe2; 02-01-2016 at 06:37 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

JohnDoe2: Thank you for all the information.

America requires disabled men to even register.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    JohnDoe2: Thank you for all the information. :wink:

America requires disabled men to even register.

Register for the Draft: It's Still the LawSince there is no draft currently in effect, and men are not being classified for service, disabled men, clergymen, and men who believe themselves to be ... All other men must register upon reaching age 18 (or before age 26, ...
    usgovinfo.about.com/od/defenseandsecurity/a/draftreg.htm - 24k - Cached - Similar pages

[PDF] The Military Draft: U.S. and Minnesota LawFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
    Disabled men who are not institutionalized must register with the ... Yes, the intentional and knowing failure to register for the draft is a felony crime ...
    www.house.leg.state.mn.us/hrd/pubs/mildraft.pdf - Similar pages

Military.com ResourcesIn a crisis requiring a draft, men would be inducted in sequence ... Disabled men who live at home must register with Selective Service if they can ...
    www.military.com/Resources/ResourceFile ... ce_Who.htm - 28k - Cached - Similar pages
    Last edited by JohnDoe2; 02-01-2016 at 06:37 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    The potential in this issue, IMO, is when they fail to register it should join the list of deportable offenses.
    Exactly!

The maximum penalty for failing to register with Selective Service is a $250,000 fine and up to five years in prison. Failure to register will cause ineligibility for a number of federal and state benefits including:

* FEDERAL JOBS
    A man must be registered to be eligible for jobs in the Executive Branch of the Federal government and the U.S. Postal Service. This applies only to men born after December 31, 1959.

* STUDENT FINANCIAL AID
    Men who are not registered with Selective Service cannot obtain Federal student loans or grants. This includes Pell Grants, College Work Study, Guaranteed Student/Plus Loans, and National Direct Student Loans.

* CITIZENSHIP
    The U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) makes registration with Selective Service a condition for U.S. citizenship, if the man first arrived in the U.S. before his 26th birthday and was required to register.

* FEDERAL JOB TRAINING
    The Workforce Investment Act (formerly JTPA) offers important job-training opportunities. This program is only open to those men who register with Selective Service.

* STATE JOBS, LOANS, AND TRAINING
    Most states have added additional penalties for those who fail to register with Selective Service.

* STATE DRIVER'S LICENSE LEGISLATION
    As of May 16, 2002, 19 states, 2 territories, and the District of Columbia have enacted driver's license laws supporting Selective Service registration. They are Oklahoma, Delaware, Arkansas, Utah, Georgia, Hawaii, Alabama, Florida, Colorado, Texas, Louisiana, Illinois, Ohio, South Dakota, Mississippi, Idaho, Virginia, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and the Virgin Islands.

Now ICE can start checking Selective Service status too and filing criminal charges on illegal aliens over the age of 18 who have failed to register.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

From a practical point of view there is no way the government can draft illegals into the military, they would be dysfunctional if only because they don't speak any English. These kind of laws won't be enforced. You're going to put an illegal alien in charge of million dollar equipment who might, for all you know, be a terrorist? What about the safety of the other soldiers or civilians?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    The potential in this issue, IMO, is when they fail to register it should join the list of deportable offenses.
    Exactly!

The maximum penalty for failing to register with Selective Service is a $250,000 fine and up to five years in prison. Failure to register will cause ineligibility for a number of federal and state benefits including:

* FEDERAL JOBS
    A man must be registered to be eligible for jobs in the Executive Branch of the Federal government and the U.S. Postal Service. This applies only to men born after December 31, 1959.

* STUDENT FINANCIAL AID
    Men who are not registered with Selective Service cannot obtain Federal student loans or grants. This includes Pell Grants, College Work Study, Guaranteed Student/Plus Loans, and National Direct Student Loans.

* CITIZENSHIP
    The U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) makes registration with Selective Service a condition for U.S. citizenship, if the man first arrived in the U.S. before his 26th birthday and was required to register.

* FEDERAL JOB TRAINING
    The Workforce Investment Act (formerly JTPA) offers important job-training opportunities. This program is only open to those men who register with Selective Service.

* STATE JOBS, LOANS, AND TRAINING
    Most states have added additional penalties for those who fail to register with Selective Service.

* STATE DRIVER'S LICENSE LEGISLATION
    As of May 16, 2002, 19 states, 2 territories, and the District of Columbia have enacted driver's license laws supporting Selective Service registration. They are Oklahoma, Delaware, Arkansas, Utah, Georgia, Hawaii, Alabama, Florida, Colorado, Texas, Louisiana, Illinois, Ohio, South Dakota, Mississippi, Idaho, Virginia, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and the Virgin Islands.

Now ICE can start checking Selective Service status too and filing criminal charges on illegal aliens over the age of 18 who have failed to register.
    Would ICE actually do this, if a prosecutor has NOT initiated any action?

As far as I understand it, there is still a high level of inertia to overcome. As I said the government is very reluctant to prosecute this. My state leads the statistics with close to 15 percent of eligible young men not in compliance. So if an illegal alien has not registered it is still not very likely at all that he would be prosecuted and thus there would be no criminal prosecution record for this felony. It would be up to a judge to find that out and I don't believe they do; I have never read of an instance where an immigration judge has deported someone for not registering with SSS, but I could be wrong. The immigration judges do have guidelines they have to follow, and I think it always takes a prosecutor to initiate the case.

Thus, to turn this into another deportable offense requires, in practice, a FEDERAL POLICY CHANGE. The federal government has to be willing to spend the monetary resources to go after scofflaws---which so far it has not done in any aggressive way. It just puts out public service bulletins and notices in the post offices trying to get young guys to comply. IT HAS BEEN VERY RARELY PROSECUTED. I was hoping that if McCain got elected he might change this policy, and we would see more illegal alien males tagged with a conviction on this. But, IMO, it is still a big step away.

I have a fairly extensive background in Selective Service law. There is potential in this law. But just how to get the federal bureaucracy moving on it is a real question. I don't know if ICE would or even could take any initiative to look into this violation. I don't know if state draft boards would suddenly see a need to enforce this law. I don't know exactly how you would get the wheels of enforcement turning. It's very similar to other laws. I've thought, perhaps, veterans groups or the American Legion would raise this issue but my earlier efforts with them did not accomplish very much. I feel it would have to be a nationwide policy decision.

There's definitely a lot of potential with this since it zeroes in on a group that makes up a lot of the illegal population. How to influence the enforcement policy in that direction would take some intelligent activism with the Feds.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Does Mexico have a draft program?

Dixie
    I believe what Mexico has is a 1 year conscription. If you are rich you can openly buy your way out of that and if you're poor you can either run away (to the USA no doubt!) or go serve. Once in the military you can play the right cards (kiss the right bottoms) and work toward an influencial position. Once in-charge the sky's the limit!

I for one hope the US does NOT begin drafting illegals into our forces! The pains taken to accomodate these illegals will only add to the burden of instructors and trainers and create rifts within the ranks. The other more serious problem I have with doing this is.. if the US gov't says it wants to take your guns and ammo away from you (or any such thing) a kid from a high school you also went to might have a problem doing that, however, a kid from Mexico won't. In fact he may even be happy to have the power over the Gringos!

Quote Originally Posted by usa_ret
    I for one hope the US does NOT begin drafting illegals into our forces! The pains taken to accomodate these illegals will only add to the burden of instructors and trainers and create rifts within the ranks. The other more serious problem I have with doing this is.. if the US gov't says it wants to take your guns and ammo away from you (or any such thing) a kid from a high school you also went to might have a problem doing that, however, a kid from Mexico won't. In fact he may even be happy to have the power over the Gringos!
    The U.S. hasn't drafted ANYONE since 1973.

History of the Draft
    In 1973, the draft ended and the U.S. converted to an All-Volunteer military . . .
    usmilitary.about.com/od/deploymentsconflicts/l/bldrafthistory.htm
    Last edited by JohnDoe2; 02-01-2016 at 06:38 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast