Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 'Illegal employers' responsible for hiring 'illegal aliens'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

'Illegal employers' responsible for hiring 'illegal aliens'

3:03 p.m. CT March 2, 2017

Having read Alan W. Garett’s response to Tom Whitehurst’s column, I have to say that I agree 100 percent with Mr. Garett. (Although I feel very uncomfortable calling any human being “illegal.”)

That was an excellent lesson on the English language concerning the term “illegal aliens.” However, I feel that he did not complete the lesson.

Following his logic, an employer who hires “illegal aliens” must be defined as an “illegal employer.”

Should we deport “illegal employers” along with “illegal aliens”? After all, they are not only breaking the law, they are actually encouraging illegal immigration! If deporting “illegal employers” is not feasible, then what do we do with the real estate developers, building contractors, wealthy households with domestic help, farmers, ranchers, restaurant owners, etc. who meet this definition?

http://www.caller.com/story/opinion/...iens/98630240/

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Illegal employers need to be fined

Illegal ALIENS need to be deported
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Illegal employers should be fined, big time.

Any business that cannot operate without breaking the law, should not be in business.

They say they need these workers -

Ask them and yourself - 'Who was doing the work before the illegals came?'

I do admit many businesses today have come into being based on hiring illegal labor. They can make a big profit by making the taxpayers responsible for subsidizing their workers, healthcare, etc., and not having the expense of any employer's portion of taxes.

So, again, if they have built their business based on illegal activity, then treat it as we would any other illegal operation. Apply the law - it is an ongoing criminal enterprise.

MW
    Any employer that knowingly hires an illegal alien is breaking federal law and should be required to serve 12 months in federal prison. Do this and you will immediately see a whole bunch of illegals walking the streets in our country unemployed.

Employers will risk a fine and chalk it up to the cost of doing business. However, 12 months in a federal prison will give them a whole new perspective on the issue.
    Last edited by MW; 03-03-2017 at 05:52 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We are forgetting the issue of the immigration status of the employer.

We need to police and step up criminalization of those employers who hire illegal immigrants who themselves are immigrants of any kind. Remember that the vast majority of illegal immigrants either do not speak English at all, or speak English too poorly to qualify as citizens. This means that their employers must speak their language. Most illegal immigrants could not get jobs at all if their employers did not speak their language. This typically means Spanish, Asian and increasingly, Middle Eastern language speakers.

Conversely, the reason the employers of illegal immigrants go into business at all is to provide for work opportunities for illegal immigrants. It is easy to see that this is represents a vast sea of criminal enterprise that is the root of our immigration problem.

If you are an immigrant, you should not ever be allowed to issue green cards. If you are an immigrant and hire illegal immigrants you should be stripped of your citizenship (if you are a citizen) and deported.

This also belies the common misconception that cracking down on illegal immigration will somehow improve job opportunities. It will not, because a significant part of the economy has been enfranchised by immigrants to provide economic opportunities for illegal immigrants. We have to confront that part of the economy that supports job opportunities for illegal immigrants and pry it loose and deliver it back into the hands of real citizens.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

****Original story***

People are neither illegal nor alien

Tom Whitehurst Jr., Caller-Times Opinion Editor 2:02 p.m. CT Feb. 11, 2017

If you were born after 1971 and never heard of the Frito Bandito, there's a good reason. He was a cartoon caricature of an offensive Mexican stereotype. Hispanic groups objected strenuously until Frito-Lay abandoned him -- as well they should have.

But they did not act quickly enough to prevent him from becoming an indelible memory of my childhood. I remember the words to the Frito Bandito song. I can't recall for sure if I owned a Frito Bandito pencil eraser or just wanted one badly. I also can remember being disappointed that the Frito Bandito was under attack, not understanding what all the fuss was about, seeing him disappear and thinking: Aw man!

But that was my innocent, impressionable-kid self, unfortunately also being bombarded at that time by reprehensible black stereotypes in Tom and Jerry cartoons that never should have been seen by anyone at any age. We as a people have progressed, evolved, moved on, improved -- or so one would think.

U.S. Rep. Blake Farenthold also is old enough to remember the Frito Bandito. Like me, he grew up in South Texas, presumably among Hispanics.

The Frito Bandito song has been in my head since Farenthold sent a news release Feb. 3, announcing a breakthrough in the impasse between state and federal authorities over the Harbor Bridge replacement project. The threat of a loss of federal funds had ended. That's the kind of good news a congressman likes to announce.

One part of the disagreement between the state and feds that caused the impasse was about whether undocumented immigrants were eligible for relocation reimbursements. The feds said they were and the state said they weren't. Farenthold assumed that the state prevailed and did a little victory dance in his news release -- and it turns out that immigrant status still is irrelevant to whether Hillcrest neighborhood residents are eligible for relocation reimbursements. It also turns out that there still haven't been any undocumented immigrants identified among the Hillcrest residents interested in reimbursements.

But what stuck out about the news release -- and stuck the Frito Bandito song in my head -- wasn't Farenthold's mistaken assumption that the feds had capitulated. It was that he referred to undocumented immigrants as "illegal aliens." Farenthold should know better than to use that term. He should know that it's offensive. It's offensive today like the Frito Bandito was back then.

Some people don't understand why it's offensive -- like I didn't know when I was a kid why the Frito Bandito was offensive. It's offensive because it labels human beings as if their very existence were illegal. The offensiveness of "alien" shouldn't need to be explained, but just in case: Aliens are the villains in old science-fiction movies. Nuff said?

People who break laws -- native-born dope dealers, pimps, robbers and murderers -- aren't referred to as illegals. But people who work, pay taxes and don't engage in criminal activity are called "illegals" as a slur because they are immigrants who can't account for their presence here. A young Hispanic newsroom colleague pointed this out to me. So did Nick Adame, president of League of United Latin American Citizens No. 1. And so did real-news articles and commentary found easily online.

It was illuminating -- and embarrassing that I hadn't already known. I knew "illegal alien" was offensive. But I didn't know that the "illegal" part is what is most offensive. Being in this country without documentation is not a crime and deportation is not a conviction. Those two facts invalidate the notion that undocumented immigrants are "illegals." Like probably many native-born citizens, I knew those two facts but hadn't bothered to follow them to this inevitable conclusion.

Hispanics in this overwhelmingly Hispanic region where most immigrants are Hispanic have made abundantly clear that "illegal alien" is offensive. Non-Hispanic non-immigrants such as myself and Farenthold should take them at their word and never use it. This shouldn't be dismissed as political correctness. Suggesting that it's merely political is not only incorrect but insulting.

The current generation of Hispanic advocates should do to "illegal alien" what the previous generation did to the Frito Bandito. They owe it to the next generation. This one, for the most part, has never heard of the Frito Bandito. The next one shouldn't know "illegal alien" -- except maybe from history class where kids learn about what they shouldn't be doomed to repeat.

http://www.caller.com/story/opinion/...lien/97662342/

Lesson on the English language

Alan W. Garett, Corpus Christi, Letter to the Editor 3:02 p.m. CT Feb. 13, 2017

Open dictionary on white background(Photo: unclepodger, Getty Images/iStockphoto)

Having just read Tom Whitehurst's Sunday editorial regarding the offensive nature of the term "illegal alien,” I think it's high time the man be given a remedial lesson of the English language.

My source is the Merriam-Webster Dictionary. You do believe the dictionary to be a reliable source, don't you, Tom? Illegal: "not according to or authorized by law." The word alien has a few meanings none of which are "villains in old science fiction movies" as Tom shamefully quoted. Here are two valid meanings: "relating, belonging, or owing allegiance to another country or government." 2. "From another country."

So, Mr. Whitehurst, if someone from ANY country has entered AMERICA without the proper and required documentation, by definition what they have done is ILLEGAL. They are from a foreign country, therefore once again, by definition they are ALIEN. So allow me to add 1+1 for you: they are ILLEGAL ALIENS. Unless the Caller-Times has its own dictionary that contradicts the aforementioned meanings, then you owe all of your readers an apology for deceptive journalism.

http://www.caller.com/story/opinion/...uage/97853112/

3:03 p.m. CT March 2, 2017

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers arrest a suspect during a
    pre-dawn raid in Santa Ana, Calif., in this file photo from Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2007.
    The Census Bureau plans to ask immigration enforcement officials to suspend raids
    during the 2010 census to help improve accuracy in counting illegal immigrants.
    (Photo: Associated Press file)

Having read Alan W. Garett’s response to Tom Whitehurst’s column, I have to say that I agree 100 percent with Mr. Garett. (Although I feel very uncomfortable calling any human being “illegal.”)

That was an excellent lesson on the English language concerning the term “illegal aliens.” However, I feel that he did not complete the lesson.

Following his logic, an employer who hires “illegal aliens” must be defined as an “illegal employer.”

Should we deport “illegal employers” along with “illegal aliens”? After all, they are not only breaking the law, they are actually encouraging illegal immigration! If deporting “illegal employers” is not feasible, then what do we do with the real estate developers, building contractors, wealthy households with domestic help, farmers, ranchers, restaurant owners, etc. who meet this definition?

http://www.caller.com/story/opinion/...iens/98630240/

For 30 thirty years we've blamed the employers. STOP THAT! It didn't work to solve the problem. Start blaming the people responsible for illegal immigration, illegal aliens themselves. THEY ALONE are responsible for illegal immigration. We don't blame a homeowner because they didn't have a security system when the homeowner is robbed. Nor should we. We don't blame a bank because the bank was robbed because they didn't have an army surrounding their bank. Nor should we. Americans are not responsible for illegal immigration, we are its victims. Do we have aiders, abetters, harborers, employers, drug runners, vendors and politicians who are in bed with the business of illegal immigration? Sure. But the PRIMARY CULPRITS OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION are the illegal aliens themselves.

Don't fall any more for the PR placed sob stories. Don't buy in to the jobs are the lure, they're not, they come here to run drugs. You can't support yourself, a wife and 5 kids picking strawberries at a nursery. You just can't. They pick by day and run drugs by night and have for decades.

Illegal aliens are all criminals, willing to break any law for any reason to get what they want, the same as any criminal. We have 30 million of these people in our country. Stop blaming American business, stop blaming their home countries, stop believing the lies of their sob stories. They've come in here for criminal illegal purpose and have almost destroyed our country.

GET THEM OUT, GET THEM ALL OUT, NO MERCY, NO EXCEPTIONS. They alone are responsible for being in our country illegally, that's the simple fact of the matter. They steal jobs, they depress our wages, they run drugs, they commit fraud, they breed, they stuff their kids into already overcrowded schools, clog up our hospitals and medical facilities, they suck on welfare, and tax credits and food stamps, free school lunch and charity. They're violent, they're murderers, rapists and drunks. They've not only robbed Americans every which way but loose, they injured and killed our innocent children, sons, daughters, parents, relatives, friends and fellow citizens.

We owe them nothing. We owe them no compassion. We owe them no jobs. We owe them no money.

NOW GET ALL THESE DERELICTS OUT OF OUR COUNTRY AND GET THEM ALL OUT NOW!!

No mercy.

No exceptions.

No minor child left behind.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn