Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Immigrant Kidnaps, Brutally Beats Woman in Crockett

05/04/2015 11:46 AM
    Post by staff

CROCKETT, TX -- A Crockett woman was brutally beaten by an illegal immigrant during an apparent kidnapping in Houston County over the weekend.

According to the Crockett Police Department, at 10:34 a.m. on Friday, officers and other emergency responders were were called to the 1000 block of South Fifth Street on reports of a woman in distress.

Police arrived at the scene and found a Hispanic 30-year-old woman lying on the front porch of her house. She had suffered serious trauma to her head and other areas of her body. The victim had also been tied up by her attacker.

Medical officials and firefighters immediately began giving the woman life saving treatment, and the home was searched by police for any other victims or a suspect. None were located.

The woman was taken to a local hospital where she was then flown to a Tyler hospital for emergency medical help.

The Texas Rangers were called in to assist and an investigation began. Following interview with family members, authorities identified Juan Gutierrez Cortes, 26, of Grapeland, as a suspect. He was located in his hometown later that day. He agreed to voluntarily come to Crockett for questioning where confessed to the kidnapping and attack, according to police.

The motive is being withheld at this time due to the ongoing investigation into the case.

Search warrants were obtained for the victim’s residence, the suspects’ vehicle and suspects’ home in Grapeland. Important evidence was recovered from the suspects’ residence that could tie him to the crime scene.

Cortes was charged Saturday morning with aggravated kidnapping and burglary with intent to commit assault. Both are first degree felonies and carry a punishment range of 5-99 years in prison or Life. Bonds on the suspect total $90,000.

Cortes is also an illegal immigrant and Immigration and Customs Enforcement were contacted to place a hold on the suspect.

The victim was last known to be in stable condition.

Crockett Fire, Grapeland Fire and Police and the Houston County Sheriff Department also assisted with the scene.

“This is one of those crimes that you see that affects you emotionally, not only as a law enforcement officer but as a human being. Every member of my department was called in to get this one solved. Several Detectives and Officers worked almost 24 hours straight on this one. I am proud of each and every one of them,” Chief David Cross said.

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/sto...1kK89hQH8PLX7Q
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Aaaah, another Obama Dreamer strikes again. Poor woman, I hope she makes it.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Aaaah, another Obama Dreamer strikes again. Poor woman, I hope she makes it.

JUDY .
    WHAT IF THIS HAPPEN TO ANY ONE IN THE WH WHAT THE HELL WOULD THEY DO ? I HOPE SHE MAKE IT SHIP THEM ALL BACK HOME WAKE UP GOV

I can applaud the Crockett officials for taking this so seriously and locating the perpetrator. But America, I cannot applaud your overall voter approved law enforcement, for 55 years you have allowed aliens to come and go as you would adult children. That cannot be applauded! Had you insisted upon annual deportation of all aliens, things as this could be considerably reduced, even prevented. possibly.

Too close to home, less than thirty miles away. It is time to prepare to act upon any stranger crossing my property line!

I hope the lady victim recovers fully and my full gratitude to Crockett authorities for achieving the arrest!