Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Illegal immigrants stage sit-in in Capitol offices, protest Democrats

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal immigrants stage sit-in in Capitol offices, protest Democrats

Illegal immigrants stage sit-in in Capitol offices, protest Democrats

By Stephen Dinan
    The Washington Times
    Updated: 2:01 p.m. on Monday, April 7, 2014

Three illegal immigrants were arrested Monday after they conducted a sit-in at the offices of two Democratic House members, according to activist groups who organized the protest.

As of early in the afternoon, the immigrants who were protesting in Rep. Loretta Sanchez’s office had been arrested, but two others who were in Rep. Xavier Becerra’s office had not been arrested, according to Luis Serrano, with the California Immigrant Youth Justice Alliance.The protests and arrests mark the latest escalation as immigration activists, despairing of getting a legalization bill out of Congress, turn their fire on Democrats, asking them to pressure President Obama to take unilateral action.“Becerra, stop helping Obama to deport out community,” one of the protesters said in a livestream video from the office, before the group started chanting, in unison, “Not one more!”The activists said neither Ms. Sanchez nor Mr. Becerra have officially called for a halt to most deportations — the goal the immigration advocates are shooting for.

The activists also want the two members of Congress to take a more active role in working to stop deportations in cases involving family members of their own constituents.Mr. Becerra said he appreciated the passion of the immigrants — particularly given what’s at stake for them and their families.“This is what democracy at its purest looks like. I, too, have had opportunities to participate in demonstrations, but one big difference does not escape me: I never had to fear being separated from my family for fighting for my cause,” he said in a statement.But he stopped short of calling for the deportation halt that the activists were seeking. He said the solution he wants to see is for Congress to pass a bill.

“For America’s families, our economy and our workers, it’s time for the House to vote and pass commonsense immigration reform,” Mr. Becerra said.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2yEGdxjoR
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[QUOTE=JohnDoe2;1404585]Illegal immigrants stage sit-in in Capitol offices, protest Democrats

By Stephen Dinan
    The Washington Times
    Updated: 2:01 p.m. on Monday, April 7, 2014

Three illegal immigrants were arrested Monday after they conducted a sit-in at the offices of two Democratic House members, according to activist groups who organized the protest.

As of early in the afternoon, the immigrants who were protesting in Rep. Loretta Sanchez’s office had been arrested, but two others who were in Rep. Xavier Becerra’s office had not been arrested, according to Luis Serrano, with the California Immigrant Youth Justice Alliance.The protests and arrests mark the latest escalation as immigration activists, despairing of getting a legalization bill out of Congress, turn their fire on Democrats, asking them to pressure President Obama to take unilateral action.“Becerra, stop helping Obama to deport out community,” one of the protesters said in a livestream video from the office, before the group started chanting, in unison, “Not one more!”The activists said neither Ms. Sanchez nor Mr. Becerra have officially called for a halt to most deportations — the goal the immigration advocates are shooting for.

The activists also want the two members of Congress to take a more active role in working to stop deportations in cases involving family members of their own constituents.Mr. Becerra said he appreciated the passion of the immigrants — particularly given what’s at stake for them and their families.“This is what democracy at its purest looks like. I, too, have had opportunities to participate in demonstrations, but one big difference does not escape me: I never had to fear being separated from my family for fighting for my cause,” he said in a statement.But he stopped short of calling for the deportation halt that the activists were seeking. He said the solution he wants to see is for Congress to pass a bill.

“For America’s families, our economy and our workers, it’s time for the House to vote and pass commonsense immigration reform,” Mr. Becerra said.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2yEGdxjoR
    [/QUOTE
    WELL ALL, I CAN SAY IS PUT THEM IN JAIL I DO HOPE CONGRESS DON'T PASS IT ABOUT TIME CONGRESS LISTEN TO THE USA CLOSE THE BORDER DOWN FIRST OF ALL WHAT SO BAD ABOUT THAT YES YOU & OBAMA HAS OUR COUNTRY ONE OF A MESS
    & THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS HELP THANK YOU OBAMA

Passing immigration reform will do nothing for America's families, the economy or our workers. It will only make things worse. If they want to do anything good for the American people, they will deport the illegals like they're supposed to, close the borders and keep our people safe. Deportation will open up millions of jobs for our people. Our hospitals and schools will not be over crowded etc. There are far more benefits to deporting illegals. They have no right to be handed citizenship on a silver platter just because they are already here.

All illegals who protest anywhere should be arrested and deported on sight. They have no right to be here and no right to make demands of us in any way.