Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Immigration activists try different approach

http://www.news8austin.com/content/head ... 11&SecID=2

http://www.news8austin.com/shared/video ... list=38424

Immigration activists try different approach
    9/7/2006 10:44 PM
    By: Bob Robuck

More than 200 immigrant rights activists gathered at the Texas Capitol Thursday for a different kind of rally. Instead of protesting immigration laws, they honored people they say are victims of immigration laws.

The approach is meant to breathe new life in an issue some activists believe is losing steam.

"We wanted to bring it back to the actual people, to being human, to say that no human is illegal. We all have a right to be here. We're supporting all immigrants," said activist Silky Shah.

With hopes dwindling for broad immigration reform, protestors now focus on the human toll that's resulted from crackdowns on undocumented workers.

"I think the present immigration laws divide people and families, and we are against that," Josefina Castillo said.

Their hope is to put a new face on the immigration issue; one that shows the pain of first-hand experience with detention, deportation and death.

There were three people crossing the border in Arizona, and because of Arizona and the situation there and the heat, two of the people died and one of the people had blisters all over his feet," Shah said.

Thousands also gathered at the nation's capital for continued protests in favor of immigrant rights. Both rallies were part of a series of protests going on all over the nation this month.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There appears to be a new slogan used over and over - 'No human is illegal.' I don't get it. Like, are all countries to accept whoever enters? We're just one global melting pot??? I don't think so!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We all have a right to be here.
    And just what gives them this right? Frankly, I think they're confusing the "right" to be here with a "burning desire" to be here. Big difference.

Do we, as Americans, have the right to invade Mexico? How would Mexico's people feel if we flooded over their borders and caused as much trouble there as we're suffereing here?

It's true....no human can be deemed illegal. However, human behavior can be illegal. And crossing the U.S. border without the authorization to do so, is illegal behavior. Period.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

We all have a right to be here.
    Ya know, everytime I read articles such as these jokers and their 'entitlement attitude' it makes me so damn mad. I have to calm myself down after I read stuff like this for many reasons, and one main one due to the fact that W and his team would kick me off if I really typed the filthing and fouling I do whenever I read crap like this! (no offense W and ALIPAC).

Where does this entitlement and arrogance attitudes come from?!?!?!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

All I have to say is if you don't want to be illegal, then I will call you criminal. Dispute that definition. I was being nice calling you illegal but you don't like that so I'll call you what you are. A CRIMINAL!!!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The approach is meant to breathe new life in an issue some activists believe is losing steam.
    It's working. That got me to chewing railroad spikes again.

to say that no human is illegal. We all have a right to be here.
    Nope that's wrong. We're going to have to show you, I guess.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We all have a right to be here. We're supporting all immigrants," said activist Silky Shah
    More entitlement-think (eg. I got here, things are better [for me], so therefore, I have a right to be here).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)